• CommentTimeJan 26th, 2010 7:00pm (Jan 26th 2010)

...er...that's it! Throw another dunny on the barbie, or whatever you do...:D
    • CommentTimeJan 26th, 2010 7:13pm (Jan 26th 2010)

Ha ha, I thought it was throw another kanga on the barbie !!!! Have a good day Trevs Mum and family

well spotted CC you are a star
    • CommentTimeJan 26th, 2010 9:48pm (Jan 26th 2010)

What is Australia Day all about? (apart from an excuse for a day off work!!!)

Hope you had a good 'un!
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2010 5:07am (Jan 27th 2010)

Happy Australia Day Julie and Trev..I'm not sure what it is either, but I hope you have a good one. :-)
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2010 5:51pm (Jan 27th 2010)

Marks the day the Union flag was raised. An excuse to burn things on barbecues!
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2010 9:01pm (Jan 27th 2010)

Union flag as in "our" union flag?! I didn't think they'd want to celebrate that any more - or is that why they're burning things on barbies!
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2010 10:19pm (Jan 27th 2010)

Well if it wasn't for our Union flag, they wouldn't be there to throw another dunny on the barbie, would they? :D
    They haven't replied...I reckon they had a few tinnies too much!
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2010 4:16pm (Jan 28th 2010)

Julie has a bad shoulder and back CC. She popped in and left a message on one of the posts I am sure you will come across it.
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2010 5:51pm (Jan 28th 2010)

I saw it, poor thing. Hope she feels better soon....:(
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2010 6:50am (Jan 29th 2010)

oh hullo, you lot are so funny,:lol: no kangas or dunnies!!!! and thanks for the Oz day wishes, we had a bbq tea starting with a gin and tonic for me and I made a martini:cocktail: for Brian, yummy.
    We then had some hamburgers and sausages and a nice salad and sat outside, nice pleasant evening.
    Trev spent the day at his brothers helping install surround sound system and sharing some tinnies!.:cheers2:
    We have Australia day awards here, wave the flag around lots, some fireworks and most people have a day off and have BBQs.:fire:
    • CommentTimeJan 29th, 2010 6:34pm (Jan 29th 2010)

How's the back, Julie - feeling any better?
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2010 8:28pm (Jan 30th 2010)

Yes Hope you are feeling heaps better. Did you have your treatment today ?
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2010 4:01am (Jan 31st 2010)

Thanks girls,
    Ouch still lots of pain unfortunately, back and shoulder/neck still not good am using heat pack and massage(sounds like the ones CC has for hens and rabbits), hope it starts to settle otherwise back again during the week.
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2010 1:35am (Feb 1st 2010)

Gday !! Thanks everyone for the Oz day wishes. Like mum said, I spent some time sorting out the wires behind my brother's surround sound (imagine a bowl of spaghetti tossed on the floor). Then I went camping by a billabong, under the shade
    Of a coolibah tree. I sang as I watched
    and waited 'till my billy boiled, then I shoved
    a jumbuck in my tucker bag. Suddenly, down came the stockman, riding on his thoroughbred, so I picked up my pavlova and vegemite sandwich and went home. All in all quite an eventfull day... :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2010 10:13am (Feb 1st 2010)

:rofl:
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2010 5:21pm (Feb 1st 2010)

I hope you threw another dunny on the barbie after all that, Trev! :D
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 1:33am (Feb 2nd 2010)

Too right mate !! :cool:
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 1:22pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

As to the word "Dunny"
    I was keeping children amused when travelling, making up words to describe things we saw from the car. One section was about the road kill.
    Frogs were "Squags" et,. Then we saw a rabbit, the chosen word was "Dunny".
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 4:06pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

Oo-er...whatever happened to I-Spy!? :D
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 7:07pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

We always count the Eddie Stobart lorries when we go out on a long journey. They all have girls names on the cabs now so if you can get a name it is extra points!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 8:39pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

I thought the dunny was the toilet?!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2010 9:28pm (Feb 2nd 2010)

yes it is we are just teasing
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2010 3:37pm (Feb 3rd 2010)

Yes, we're pulling their legs. At least, we hope we are...!
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2010 9:48pm (Feb 3rd 2010)

Doh! Sorry - really should pay better attention!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2010 10:07pm (Feb 3rd 2010)

I can see a war brewing here - Northern Hemisphere v Southern Hemisphere...

Waiting for their repost!
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 1:53pm (Feb 20th 2010)

Ha ha, does this help....

A Dunny is an outside lavatory, particularly distinguishing between a flushing and non-flushing toilet.

Other words are... toilet, loo, john, thunderbox, outhouse, and many others I can't type here.

A Dunny budgie is a blowfly.
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 2:45pm (Feb 20th 2010)

:rofl:I like the dunny budgie I haven't heard that one before