• CommentTimeFeb 13th, 2010 8:55pm (Feb 13th 2010) edited

Happy Valentines day every one.
      valentines.jpg
      swannies.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th, 2010 9:26am (Feb 14th 2010)

Yep, Happy Soppy-Day to all... :-\
    :D

Hope everyone has a fun day - look what time our body clocks woke us up today, it's before noon!!! :o :o :o
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th, 2010 5:21pm (Feb 14th 2010)

Blimey, you're up early, Red; did you wet the bed? :) Never mind, Lyle can take you our for brunch!
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th, 2010 6:40pm (Feb 15th 2010)

No romantics about then ????
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th, 2010 9:02pm (Feb 15th 2010)

No, I've been married 23 years! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th, 2010 10:25pm (Feb 15th 2010)

Yes, 26 years married for me. We don't even celebrate that so won't be wasting money on valentine cards!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th, 2010 9:00pm (Feb 16th 2010)

Gary and I have been together 20yrs this May - how scarey is that.
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th, 2010 9:51pm (Feb 16th 2010)

Doesn't it fly by! My mom tried to talk us out of getting married but we were determined and knew it all (or so we thought!!) I love the film sliding doors where it shows the 2 paths her life takes based on one event, and often wonder what my life would be like if I'd listened to my mom instead. I still have this feeling that we still reach the same place, just along a different path.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 5:37pm (Feb 17th 2010)

My friend has her Silver Wedding this year. She tells me off as I keep saying 'But that's for OLD people!' because I remember going to silver wedding dos as a brat and thinking how OLD the various couples were, to have been married so long!
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 8:25pm (Feb 17th 2010)

Gary and I aren't married. Gary's not really into it, way too much commitment for him.....
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 8:27pm (Feb 17th 2010)

As long as you are happy together what does it matter it is just a piece of paper at the end of the day.
    • CommentAuthorTracyB
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 8:28pm (Feb 17th 2010)

makes all the legal stuff alot easier though.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 8:32pm (Feb 17th 2010)

Yes I guess so, but easier than it was a few years back when it was frowned on. Nobody thinks anything about it now it is quite normal.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 8:36pm (Feb 17th 2010)

In my day it was called "Living over t' brush".
    I just Googled that and found it quite interesting. (Put it into English first).

We fell into the "Had to get married" group.
    Would have celebrated our Golden Wedding but hubby succumbed to the ravages of heavy smoking just a couple of months too soon.
    He did say that he had enjoyed every one of those cigs!
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2010 8:44pm (Feb 17th 2010)

Yes we used to call it that as well Ollie it would be whispered about as well.
    Sorry you lost your Hubby due to the heavy smoking but at least he enjoyed it. I used to really enjoy smoking as well and gave up because I couldn't afford it once I had retired. I still fancy a cig every so often, blast I could just smoke one now come to think of it.
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2010 6:21pm (Feb 18th 2010)

We just called it Living In Sin. When our friends finally got wed I painted them - as a joke - a house number plaque with their number on it and in tiny writing 'The House Formerly Known As Sin'. They've put it up!
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2010 6:24pm (Feb 18th 2010)

Ha ha that's real good CC.
    • CommentAuthorGeorgie:)
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 4:08pm (Feb 19th 2010)

I say, screw Valantines day, its Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) 2 days later, will you be my pancake this pancake day?:dinner:
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 5:41pm (Feb 19th 2010)

Me and Lyle ended up having an accidental romantic day out :rolling: We went to Trentham Gardens ( http://www.trentham.co.uk/ ); went for a massive walk and to Monkey Forest. It was a brill day, shame i didn't have my camera.

It wasn't until we went to Frankie and Bennie's after because we were starving, and saw how packed the place was, that we remembered it was Valentine's day and we'd accidentally done something sappy :laugh:
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 6:57pm (Feb 19th 2010)

oh that's real sweet Red and I am glad you had a nice day. Sometimes the best things are done when we least expect it.

It is unusual for you to have forgotten your camera you will have to go again now as you know we like pictures !!!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2010 10:33pm (Feb 19th 2010)

Sappy???? Don't you mean Soppy???? Is that another north/midlands divide?! :)
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 3:05am (Feb 20th 2010)

ha ha Red 'an accidental romantic day' love it he he.
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 12:43pm (Feb 20th 2010)

So much nicer than just an accident thats for sure.