• CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 6:11pm (Feb 20th 2010) edited

Well i went out with the lads last night to a Thai Curry and Darts night and a few beers of course!!!!!!!!!and only in the next street so not far to walk home!!:drunk: anyway the curry was all home made by one of the lads and it was beautiful so tasty then we came to the darts well most of us have not played darts for a very long time but the evening turned out to be a really good one especially when we decided to have a little bet on each game only a pound each nothing serious but its amazing how serious all of a sudden it got but we all won and lost a bit and ended the evening at 1 o'clock ish having throughly enjoyed ourself,s i thought it might be a bit boring but it wasant in the slitest.So if you have not done it for wile i can recommend it but i will say don,t drink to much as this seriously has an adverse effect on the dart throwing !!!!!:drunk:

What sort of interesting day or evenings have you had????
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 6:39pm (Feb 20th 2010)

Sounds like a good evening out Lee with plenty of fun. I used to love playing darts but had to have someone score for me else the game lasted to long while I worked it out, maths not being one of my strongest points. We don't go out evenings that often as Grandad North works real long hours each day. We do have days out though on his days off.
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 6:43pm (Feb 20th 2010)

Yes the adding up was a bit of a burden but i think they do a Dart board now that adds it for you as they hit the board!!!!!!!!:hurray:
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 6:46pm (Feb 20th 2010)

cool thats for me then Ha ha I did buy one for in our shed but we never got around to putting it up. I must dig it out cos we could have it outside when we have barbq's in the summer, make a change to dodge the hen poop croquet. Did you see the picture of the cake I posted for you? Its on tasty things thread.
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 7:04pm (Feb 20th 2010)

I have just looked at it NN thats fantastic i have never tried marmalade cake was it good?
    oh i forgot how good Nancy sinatra is sorry thats what i have on in the back ground
      nancy-sinatra.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 7:09pm (Feb 20th 2010)

She sure was a stunner. We have been to full to eat the cake as yet, but it always comes out real nice and is a family favourite.
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2010 7:17pm (Feb 20th 2010)

I think NN if you don,t mind in the week perhaps you can give me an easy tasty cake recipe to try i have never baked a cake before!!!!!!!!! :shamed:
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 9:15am (Feb 21st 2010)

No problem Lee but what cake tins do you have and what food do you like ? I got a real easy date and walnut tea bread if you fancy that but you will need a large loaf tin to cook it in. Oh by the way it is called bread but is a cake really. I an thinking about you and wondering how you are getting on with the lamb.

Oh by the way Do you mean Thai curry in your title to this thread? When I first read it I thought it said Darts TV and Curry
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 12:30pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Well my lamb is all prepared and has been on for 30 mins and i am very excited!!!!! i have checked and i do have a loaf tin NN and i love date and walnut so lets do it!!!
    Yes i did mean Thai curry with the right spelling thanks NN I did not care for school at all to be honest NN in fact i hated it do you remember the bad boy but lovable boy at school that was me!!!!!!!!!:middlefinger::kick:
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 12:45pm (Feb 21st 2010) edited

ohh I am all excited for you with your lamb dinner Lee I made us an Alabama chilli in the slow cooker for our meal tonight. Grandad North has managed to get to work so it will be nice and warming for him when he gets home. I will pass the recipe on for you to try if you wich.

Yes I remember that boy he always had to sit next to me for a calming influence
    after he had the cane. Poor sod, they didn't hold back with it either.

I will do the recipe for the cake later as I am watching third series of Blake seven at the moment.
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 1:00pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Blimey the cane!!!! i had that a few times that did sting!!:whip: I wish someone could have calmed me down at school things could have been so much more different!!!! anyway thats a story for another day.

No rush NN on the recipe for the cake do it in the week if you want no prob and yes please for the Alabama chili i could have a Darts and chili night for the lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 1:04pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Blake seven NN how cool is that!!!!!!!:at_peace:
      B7-Logo1-7931.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 2:50pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Ok Lee I will sort you out. Blake seven is a good old classic now. I can remember watching it with my boys as they were growing up. I just love it but then I do love the science fiction stuff.
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 3:00pm (Feb 21st 2010)

OHHHHHHH NN The smell in my house right now is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool5::drool5::drool5::drool5:
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 3:32pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Yummm I hope it tastes as good as it looks. I have just checked out the chilli and added a bit more chilli and some tomato puree to thicken it up a bit.
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 6:29pm (Feb 21st 2010)

The Chilli was a treat Lee How was the Lamb?
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 7:40pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Well NN it was fantastic i have just sat down after clearing up with my son Max the gravy was to die for thank you very much for the recipe NN we all loved it!!!!! :dinner:
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 7:46pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Oh Lee I am just so pleased for you. Well done mate I am glad it was such a success. I have been itching waiting for you to tell me if it was ok!!!!! Trouble being they will want you to cook every weekend now. I will write out the cake recipe tomorrow when I am by myself so I can think with out all the noise from the goggle box.
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2010 7:53pm (Feb 21st 2010)

Thank you NN You take it easy!!!!!!!!!!! :closedeyes: