• CommentTimeApr 1st, 2010 11:12am (Apr 1st 2010)

This year, we'd like you to send us what you think should be on Milly's commemorative plaque - we'd like something to remember her by, and aim to get a plaque or something made with a few words about her, and have it placed near her tree.

It could be something very simple, or a poem, or a few words describing why she was special.

Good luck! The winner gets chocolate eggs, and has their words immortalised!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2010 12:46pm (Apr 1st 2010)

I am thrilled you chose a flowering cherry to commemorate Milly.
    I installed a small cherry tree to commemorate my wonderful Japanese visit. Now I have a name for it as I name many of my plants, usually with the name of the donor.
    My tree is now ”Milly” A suitable label will be applied.

I make my labels out of plastic milk bottles, the white ones, using indelable ink for the words.
    My "Milly" label will be egg shaped. Not thought of any words yet... will apply myself to the task!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2010 7:05pm (Apr 1st 2010)

Short words and not too many of 'em...:rolling:
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2010 9:29pm (Apr 1st 2010)

What a lovely idea - I am sure there will be many excellent entries for you to choose from. I'm rubbish at things like these, so unless I have a random flash of inspiration I will just look forward to reading them and remembering a sweet hen.
    • CommentAuthorcatfish185
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 10:28am (Apr 3rd 2010)

I think this is a lovely idea. If it's for a plaque it wants to be nice and simple - something like this:

"To Milly, the happy, cheerful chicken that will forever live on in our hearts!"
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 3:20pm (Apr 3rd 2010)

Lovely! Except I shall be carving it in stone, so keep it short and sweet if possible lads! :D
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 7:24pm (Apr 3rd 2010)

So Loyal and Loving
    Our Sweet Millie Hen
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2010 10:36pm (Apr 6th 2010)

Milly hen,
    We loved you.
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2010 3:11am (Apr 7th 2010)

OH WHITE ONE, WHERE ART THOU ?
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2010 7:53am (Apr 7th 2010) edited

Milly Made us feel happy in every way
    She really brightened up our day.
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2010 8:49pm (Apr 7th 2010)

Milly
    missed by so many
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2010 5:08am (Apr 8th 2010)

Milly
    much loved and missed.
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2010 8:48pm (Apr 8th 2010)

So sweet... all of them... thank you! :-)

There is a *slight* problem in that we were supposed to be buying the prizes when we went shopping in Manchester (until Helen decided she'd knacker her leg break-dancing in the toilet!), so please bear with us whilst we work something out, hopefully it will be worth it!
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2010 11:17pm (Apr 8th 2010)

Did you get my emu, Neil, with the pics?
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2010 10:21pm (Apr 10th 2010)

Sorry CC meant to reply the other day, yes ta will reply tomorrow :-)

Bloody Helen has been trying to get out and do gardening so she needs hitting with a stick to stop her damaging her knee!
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 1:53pm (Apr 11th 2010)

When my dad had a heart attack years ago and was feeling better he said he was 'just' going to mow the top 2 lawns in the garden...we threatened to take all his trousers to Marlow. You might have to get Helen's clothes taken to Keele, Neil. (I'm a poet and don't know it...sounded like and extra verse to 'Fifty Ways To Leave Your Lover')!
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 7:06pm (Apr 11th 2010)

Don't get to cross with her Neil, I am just the same and know I shouldn't do to much but it is so jolly annoying being laid up.
    Get well soon Helen love xx
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2010 8:38pm (Apr 11th 2010)

Just put out the garden lounger and soak it all up - and a small tipple, if you are allowed, will help the day along nicely.
    • CommentTimeApr 13th, 2010 5:51am (Apr 13th 2010) edited

and a good book, always a good book or maybe a portable cd player with a 100 metre long extension cord for some nice music or a tv in the garden or a nice visit from the meals on wheels people or the mobile library or a friend with a cake or if all else fails then two or three gin and tonics should do it!!!! :hurray::biggrin::biggrin:
    • CommentTimeApr 13th, 2010 7:52pm (Apr 13th 2010)

And a chicken!!!

Oh no, she's allergic to them... :blush:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 8:52am (Apr 16th 2010)

My contribution: