• CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2010 7:25pm (Apr 2nd 2010)

Ha Neil I have just read the blog send my best wishes to Helen that must have been incredibly painful how on earth did she do it?
      get_well_soon-2.gif
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2010 7:51pm (Apr 2nd 2010)

Yes, get well soon, Helen's knee! :flowers:
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2010 7:54pm (Apr 2nd 2010)

PS Helen looks SEVERELY hacked off in the pic...poor girl! Feeling like that then someone takes a picture of you!
    • CommentAuthorStuart
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2010 8:24pm (Apr 2nd 2010)

There's nothing like a shot of Morphine to put a smile on your face. Hope you're feeling better Helen.
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2010 9:15pm (Apr 2nd 2010)

Now you just sit back Helen and enjoy having other folks run round after you. I know it's hard to do that but it won't last long, make the best of it.
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2010 10:31pm (Apr 2nd 2010)

The things some people will do to get out of cooking the Easter dinner!!! Only joking Helen - I hope you get better soon. I can't imagine how horrible it must've been to go the loo and end up in an ambulance!
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 12:52am (Apr 3rd 2010)

thanks guys I've just shown her these posts and she's very touched by your kind thoughts. we got out of the hospital at about 6pm and she has to rest it completely 48 hours, then keep the splint on for god knows how many weeks.
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 5:25am (Apr 3rd 2010)

Poor Helen, how did it happen, Neil..did she slip on something?
      LW_GWS-Helen.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 10:06am (Apr 3rd 2010) edited

Oh Helen you poor girl, ouch! that would hurt. Thinking of you and sending you lots of healing hugs from Oz.:heart::nicegrouphug:

Neil I hope the easter bunny brings you all an extra big egg this year, you all deserve it.
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 3:25pm (Apr 3rd 2010)

What has she actually done to her knee, Neil? Hope she's feeling better today...:flowers:
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 7:29pm (Apr 3rd 2010)

So sorry to hear about your knee Helen I hope it feels easier soon xx
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2010 8:49pm (Apr 3rd 2010)

HOpe they've given her some good painkillers and will be offereing physio when she's able. Get well soon Helen.
    • CommentAuthorhqtrev
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2010 3:17am (Apr 7th 2010)

Best wishes Helen, may your knee make a full recovery soon.
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2010 8:49pm (Apr 7th 2010)

How is Helen feeling?
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2010 8:45pm (Apr 8th 2010)

She's ok, still has the splint on her leg, and has to wear it for the next 3 weeks, then she starts physio. She's been told she can't drive or bend the knee for 4 weeks so she's stuck at home and I think the novelty has worn off now - she'd rather be at work!

We're not 100% sure how she did this, she thinks she either twisted whilst washing her hands, or went over on her heel, but she's absolutely petrified it will happen again, bless her... She's scared she won't be able to garden or walk or run properly... The Dr. said her patella was raised which makes her more prone to this now.

I have the x-rays I'll post them in a bit :-)
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2010 10:40pm (Apr 8th 2010)

Ooo, x-rays! We love pictures and they count as pictures!

I'm sorry she's feeling so fed up now - I'm sure the physio will be able to give her some exercises to tighten up the ligaments around the patella.
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2010 11:15pm (Apr 8th 2010)

Poor Helen; it's funny that when you work you'd love a day off, but when it's forced upon you...! Feel better soon, Helen. :flowers:
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2010 1:04am (Apr 9th 2010)

Poor Helen that sounds so painfull I hope you feel better soon xx
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2010 10:29am (Apr 9th 2010)

At least she is in the Royal fashion. Our Camilla has done her leg in too. You're in good company Helen. Enjoy the enforced rest as much as you are able.
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2010 11:37pm (Apr 15th 2010) edited

Here's her x-ray!

[click for bigger]
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 7:33am (Apr 16th 2010)

The Trouble is Neil you will have to play Doctor because me looking at that i cannot see anything out of place!!!!:shamed:
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 8:25am (Apr 16th 2010)

I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to be there!
      helen_knee.jpg
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 9:02am (Apr 16th 2010)

Tell her to be a patient patient and it will heal much quicker.

I added to more dodginess to my dodgy knees when I tried to catch a hugh lummox of a humanoid falling head first down the stairs and fractured a bone in my knee. That was in Dec 2008 and it still plays up if I am not careful.
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 11:40am (Apr 16th 2010)

But that lummox of a humanoid has much more of a leg problem now, Init!
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 7:39pm (Apr 16th 2010)

Cor that sure looks real painful Poor Helen I hope you are feeling a lot better now.
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 8:05pm (Apr 16th 2010)

Posted By: init sistersorry to hear that Helen has hurt her knee. From one one knee pain sufferer to another....tell Helen, that she has my sympathies.

Tell her to be a patient patient and it will heal much quicker.

Thanks Init, I will pass that on. It's a shame you didn't know then what you do now you might have let the pillock land on his head. :devil:

Oh well what goes around comes around, he'll catch for it later I'm sure.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 11:09am (Apr 19th 2010)

Yeah, basically Lee the big bit that's sticking out (that my dad ringed red) is supposed to be joined in place with the other two bigger bones...gross as right?! :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 3:15pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Red That is horrendous will it ever get back to normal ?
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:53pm (Apr 19th 2010)

How is Helen feeling now Red? I hope her knee has improved.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 6:03pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Lee, the Dr at the hospital popped it back into place. She has to wear a splint-thing on it and go to physio, and it should get back to normal, though it's more likely to happen again now it has happened twice.

She seems okay, NN. Think the knee annoys her more than is painful, because she can't go anywhere, or do anything and has to sit funny wherever she goes!
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 6:22pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Good job she has the splint else people might think she has piles sitting funny like
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 6:29pm (Apr 19th 2010)

I have a similar problem red with my left ankle if i ware the wrong type of shoe that is a little high my ankle will go over and is very painful so i now ware a certain type of trainer for work in the summer they are for playing squash in they are wide and flat and are made by Prince i have never had a problem since.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2010 1:14pm (Apr 21st 2010)

Neil, if it is cartilage damage, can the Docs not help? The xray looks scary.