• CommentTimeMay 22nd, 2018 8:26pm (May 22nd 2018)

What's the life expectancy for them? Is it shorter because they're so big longer because they don't meet any predators!
    • CommentTimeMay 24th, 2018 3:48pm (May 24th 2018)

I think its about ten years I will have to google it to be sure xx
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2018 11:34am (May 25th 2018)

What a beauty NN! I do love their size! I want another GAL but don't think I could manage them very well, and Chie is in the tank I'd want to put one in haha. Here is Chie, our leopard gecko, btw...she's amazing :)

(Ignore my grubby nails I'd been sifting through substrate!!)
      IMG_20180524_213721_979.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2018 2:11pm (May 25th 2018)

Oh she is a real little beauty, look at her sweet little hands and that beautiful calm face xx That substrate does get your hands messed up. I usually just use a bulb compost for Ben it hasn't got the chemical in it that most garden composts has and the substrate is quite pricey. It doesn't seem to hurt him anyhow.
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2018 6:29pm (May 25th 2018)

She's a beautiful colour, very pretty lizard.
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2018 6:38am (May 26th 2018)

Red, I just love your gecko..she's darling..I love lizards, but I hate snakes..I guess it must be the lack of legs that I can't handle.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2018 3:18pm (May 26th 2018)

Start with a slow worm, NN - they're legless lizards I believe. You'll be up to a python in no time!
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2018 9:10pm (May 26th 2018)

I think you meant Lynn CC !!!xx
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2018 6:21pm (May 27th 2018)

Sorry, yes, it was Lynn I should have typed; do they have slow worms there?
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2018 3:54am (May 29th 2018)

I've never heard of slow worms, CC..I've heard of legless lizards, but I have no idea what a slow worm is..doesn't sound like anything I'd like to meet however :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2018 3:59am (May 29th 2018)

I looked it up on google..nope I don't want to meet one, CC..looks too much like a SNAKE..ewwwwy!! :ack2:
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2018 2:37pm (May 29th 2018)

CC is such a tease Lynn I'm sure she knew you would get the shivers when you googled it ha ha.
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2018 5:54pm (May 29th 2018)

I just thought they'd be a good way of working your way up to snakes. I forget that most snakes your way will kill you; we only have one poisonous snake but they are rare and shy so more likely to run (?) away! Do you have slow worms there, Lynn?
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2018 6:13pm (May 31st 2018)

CC, not that I'm aware of, CC. I only know that where we live in Western Washington state, we have NO poisonous snakes..that's why I'd live nowhere else but here. We do have Rattle Snakes in Eastern Washington..but I don't go there. :face-smile:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJun 8th, 2018 4:26am (Jun 8th 2018)

No slow worms in this country that I know of (just googled them myself as I had never heard of them). Pretty cute! I grew up around rattle snakes (in California). Lynn's right not much poisonous in our region. The only kind of snake I ever see is Garter Snakes.