• CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2010 10:18pm (Apr 16th 2010)

why isn't Hencam.co.uk on Facebook? These imposters are! http://www.hencam.com/
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 2:36am (Apr 19th 2010)

oy whats gong on here, right where is my law book on 'impersonating another website' Neil will have to look into this, hencam UK had been around for years, they were first!!!!!!:gasp:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 11:01am (Apr 19th 2010)

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Hey, calm down peeps! They are hencam.com , my dad almost bought the domain when he first registered .co.uk , but didn't, and they got it a while after.

They seem nice people, we swapped freebies with them before :001_smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:03pm (Apr 19th 2010)

I'd set a facebook group up but a) I don't know how to do it, and b) it would be a bit sad if it only had a half-dozen fans :wink:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:13pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Ya lets be a face book free zone!!!!!!!!! i don,t get it any way!!!!:arf:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:38pm (Apr 19th 2010)

I don't do face book but do love being on hencam and feel that I have such good friends.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 5:53pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Here!!Here!!NN :_oops:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 6:29pm (Apr 19th 2010)

I just realised I have been visiting Hen cam for a year now.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 6:32pm (Apr 19th 2010) edited

Well done NN Where does all the time go I am still a Virgin on Hencam!!!:lol:
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 9:51pm (Apr 19th 2010)

I don't do facebook either - or twitter, or any of the other so called 'social' networking sites.
    • CommentTimeApr 19th, 2010 10:10pm (Apr 19th 2010)

Hencam for ever! And only Hencam!
    I say....
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeApr 20th, 2010 10:57pm (Apr 20th 2010)

I have facebook, If i didnt i would never of found my little sister,that i hadnt seen for 17yrs, And met my Aunty Kay lea from Oz, and i facebook my friends at night, as when you have small children you dont get to go out to meet up much, Well i don't i dont drink,so i dont do pubs, I can also keep an eye on what happing with my dzughter as she has it to, says phonebill to her friends, So it does have it's good point, I too much be a year since i been on hencam,As i came here when Dennis was in my tum, And he be one in july,
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2010 7:31am (Apr 21st 2010)

Fair comment Sara!:smile: My kids also do facebook but one of them had bulling incident on it which we got sorted with the respective parents so i do now keep in touch with what they are doing and i have always from a very early age had monitoring software on the computers so can check at any time what has been said and what web sites they visit which are restricted anyway. :bigsmile:
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeApr 21st, 2010 11:00pm (Apr 21st 2010)

monitoring software >>?? Sounds intresting,,,
    I too had my daughter involed with a facebook bullying, But EVERY Child has face book, so what do you do, I too keep a good eye, But i dont have soft wear??
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd, 2010 7:23am (Apr 22nd 2010)

If you are interested the one i use is Cyber patrol and there is also Net Nanny these are both good but do cost money each year i think microsoft have just bought out a basic one which i think is free i need to check on that though.:bigsmile:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2010 7:50am (Apr 23rd 2010)

I have been on FB for over a year now and find that I can keep in touch with many of my friends and most importantly with my nieces and nephew. They would not think to pick up the phone and ring but we always chat happily on FB and that is good enough for me.

For years I had been totally against any 'social networking' sites and must say that I only use FB and I must also say that it has helped me find quite a few friends that I had lost touch with so it is all good for me. One had to be pretty careful what one says on these sites but other then that, as long as you protect your privacy, it is no different to a forum.
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2010 11:25pm (Apr 30th 2010)

I just deleted my facebook account after being on it for a year. It was nice to find some old friends, but they are going to be doing away with your privacy very soon, so I pulled out.
    • CommentAuthorsara
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd, 2010 11:48pm (May 2nd 2010)

But what about your fish? And what you mean they going to be doing away with your privacy>>>???
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2010 8:31am (May 5th 2010)

Lynn,
    I wondered why I had not seen you on FB for a while.

As for the privacyy thing, I just make sure and lock down what I don't want made public. I did nto realise how to do this when I first joined but soon sorted myself out. The one thing I won't do on FB is play any of the games or follow adverts that they like to show, because that is where I think they get lots of info. about us from as well.
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeMay 7th, 2010 6:37pm (May 7th 2010)

me neither - no games, no apps, no surveys, only a few groups (like school and local bands) and I only make friends with people I really want to be in touch with so no friends of friends or my cousin's nextdoor neighbour's stepson's uncle! LOL