• CommentAuthorHannahP
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2010 9:38am (Jun 28th 2010)

I have three hens I keep in my garden and they all seem healthy. Yesterday I cracked an egg open and found a worm in the egg (it was about 2 inches long and looked a bit like a piece of spaghetti with tapered ends) but I have not found any worms in their poo. Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do?
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2010 1:25pm (Jun 28th 2010)

Erm...that sounds highly disturbing :shocked:

I'd worm your chucks - and maybe not eat their eggs for a while :laugh:

Flubenvet is a really good product to use for worming. Worm your chucks every six months and you shouldn't have a problem :)

Good luck!
    • CommentAuthorHannahP
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2010 2:47pm (Jun 28th 2010)

Yes it was very disturbing!!! And I gave some eggs to my neighbour and my parents the day before - I guess I am going to have to go to them in shame now...Thanks for your advice!
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2010 8:51pm (Jun 28th 2010)

Oh Hannah how embarrasing for you, Welcome to Hencam do let us know how you get on.
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2010 10:06pm (Jun 28th 2010)

Hi Hannahp tell your friends and neighbors that they are special hens they come complete with protein!!!!as well as Omega 3:rofl:
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2010 10:47pm (Jun 28th 2010)

Ooo, you're a wicked boy, Lee...:devil:
    • CommentTimeJun 29th, 2010 7:41am (Jun 29th 2010)

I try to be cc:devil:!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeJun 29th, 2010 7:31pm (Jun 29th 2010)

sell them as weight loss eggs!!:crying:
    • CommentTimeJun 29th, 2010 7:58pm (Jun 29th 2010)

...with free gift...
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeJul 15th, 2010 7:24pm (Jul 15th 2010)

A little late but when I told my husband about this, his first reaction was to shout "Eggs-verminate, Eggs-verminate!"
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2010 7:33am (Jul 16th 2010)

:rofl:
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2010 6:51pm (Jul 16th 2010)

:rolling: