• CommentTimeJul 6th, 2010 2:52pm (Jul 6th 2010)

Helen has a pretty long commute so before I have to splash out on a new stereo for her (hers was wrecked when some "people" kindly tried to steal it), does anyone have or know anybody with a spare car CD stereo with a removable facia? Maybe someone upgraded and has the old one in a cupboard? (wishful thinking...!)
    • CommentTimeJul 6th, 2010 10:08pm (Jul 6th 2010)

I have a horrible feeling I left mine in my car when I sold it many moons ago, but I will have a look and ask around the family just in case.
    • CommentTimeJul 6th, 2010 10:25pm (Jul 6th 2010)

I think i have one Neil you can have i will check in my garage tomorrow for you and get back to you.:bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2010 4:44pm (Jul 7th 2010)

Neil I have found the cd player if you whisper me your address I will post it to you and it has a removable front.So now Helen can enjoy her commuting again:bigsmile:
    I do not want anything for it either.
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2010 5:21pm (Jul 7th 2010)

...or I've got a wind-up gramophone you can borrow...with 78s, of course!
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2010 6:03pm (Jul 7th 2010)

in the 50s they used to have record players in cars CC
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2010 9:18pm (Jul 7th 2010)

I can't find mine - maybe its in the loft? Thanks to Lee I don't have to get up there an look though! Well done that man!
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2010 9:39pm (Jul 7th 2010)

Anything to help a damsel in distress!!!!!!!!:wink:
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2010 11:19am (Jul 8th 2010)

Wow! Thank you Lee! :-)

Is there anything you'd like from the henstore as a thank-you?

I can recommend the cups (not trying to be a cheapskate but it's the only thing I've seen from the shop!) - choose anything that takes your fancy though (I would love to see a Penny thong but alas I have no need!)
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2010 5:40pm (Jul 8th 2010)

Posted By: neilI would love to see a Penny thong but alas I have no need!

Well I think it's time you modelled one for us, Neil - it's your duty as our beloved leader...what does everyone else think? Shall we vote on it?:woohoo:
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2010 6:10pm (Jul 8th 2010)

No, no, please stop right there!!!!!:_puke:
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2010 6:34pm (Jul 8th 2010)

girls girls girls hang on.a minute much as i love our leader i do not want to see him in a thong!!!!! but ha it would be quite funny :thumbup::lol:
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2010 8:33pm (Jul 8th 2010)

oh er missis, it's a bare faced cheek to ask that of the poor man.
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2010 9:50pm (Jul 8th 2010)

Oh poor Red - the trauma of that would be too much!

I loved Caitlyn's vest, but I doubt it'd fit Lee!!! :wink:
    • CommentTimeJul 9th, 2010 6:53pm (Jul 9th 2010)

You lot are just CHICKEN!!! :)
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2010 9:57am (Jul 10th 2010)

I think the Internet would break through disgust if it ever happened, and there's no telling of the trauma caused to anyone seeing it, so best not happen really!

• CommentTimeJul 10th, 2010 1:30pm (Jul 10th 2010)

We could get tranquilisers...Kate could get some from work....
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2010 10:51pm (Jul 11th 2010)

A veterinary might be better... horse tranquilisers required!
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2010 7:27am (Jul 16th 2010)

Neil did you get the CD player ?
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2010 6:52pm (Jul 16th 2010)

I'm wondering if i should put out an appeal for an unwanted Steinway Grand...? :D
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2010 7:18pm (Jul 16th 2010)

CC Excuse my ignorance but is a Steinway Grand a piano ?? :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJul 16th, 2010 8:47pm (Jul 16th 2010)

Ho yes...why, you got one you don't want, cherub...?:rolling:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJul 19th, 2010 1:03pm (Jul 19th 2010)

I'd make room for a Steinway any day and I don't even know how to play a note. :-)
    • CommentTimeJul 19th, 2010 10:04pm (Jul 19th 2010)

Hi Lee,

It arrived in perfect time as the car was booked in for the new cage fitting on Friday, so it was excellent timing!

It all works perfectly, and Helen used it for the first time today and is very impressed. She said that it helped to restore her faith in people, so a big thank you.

Your goodies should arrive in the next week or so - it's currently in production whatever that means! May you have many happy cuppas in it!

Thanks once again,

Neil (and Helen)
    ps. Let me know if you want the Best of Gary Moore CD that was in it returning!!! :-D
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2010 7:19am (Jul 20th 2010)

Thats great Neil glad it was all OK you never no if these things will get damaged in the post.
    Thank you also for the Mug.
    P.S don,t worry about the Gary Moore CD. :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJul 20th, 2010 5:05pm (Jul 20th 2010)

Go on, Neil, dob him in...it was a New Seekers CD really, wasn't it? Or was it Julie Andrews Sings Black Sabbath? :gasp:
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2010 1:41pm (Jul 22nd 2010)

I was more concerned as to why they were playing late 80's heavy rock on the radio then realised it was the CD player!!
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2010 6:57pm (Jul 22nd 2010)

Julie Andrews Sings Black Sabbath CC now that would be very different !!!!!!!!

Between you and me CC i quite like the New Seekers.

I guess that was a bit strange Neil he is a great guitar player though.