• CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 6:30pm (Aug 19th 2011) edited

Aw Lynn that's horrible :( :bighug:
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 6:31pm (Aug 19th 2011)

Just checking in. Thinking about you, Lynnie
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 6:37pm (Aug 19th 2011)

Lynn I have been away this week and am just catching up on Hencam and i am so sad to hear the loss of you dear Alberta I am thinking of you at this sad time :heartbounce:
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 6:52pm (Aug 19th 2011)

Lynn, what a dreadful thing. At least she ended her life being loved and cared for. God bless, Alberta. :heart:
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 11:52pm (Aug 19th 2011)

At least you were around and got the vet to her quickly. Did you know she had a tumour? I bet you were grateful that you have a good vet. :heart:
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2011 6:49am (Aug 20th 2011)

We didn't know she had a tumor till it ruptured, Kate. She had been happy and fairly healthy for the past couple of years. We have a great horse Vet, she got here so fast when we called and said it was an emergency and she was is horrible pain. We had 12 wonderful years with her. I just wish it could have been longer.:face-crying:
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2011 12:00am (Aug 22nd 2011)

That must've been a terrible shock Lynn. I'm so sorry you didn't have more time with her, but I'm sure what you did have you made the most of. xx
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2011 12:09am (Aug 31st 2011)

My friend and colleague's son, an only child, was killed by a hit and run driver in the early hours of this morning. He was only 24. She is on her own now and the pain she must be going through is unimaginable. She is a lovely, caring person and he was a good and loving son. I hope she can find some inner strength to get through this.
    :face-crying:
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2011 2:31am (Aug 31st 2011)

OH Kate your dear friend msut be devastated, that is awful for her. She will need lots of loving support in the months ahead. It makes me want to go and hug my sons right now!!!! :hugging::heart:
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2011 8:08pm (Aug 31st 2011)

Bless her, poor girl. She's going to need caring friends like you, Kate. :heart:
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2011 8:34pm (Aug 31st 2011)

Thats awful Kate give her lots of hugs and kisses from Hencam!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
    • CommentTimeAug 31st, 2011 11:27pm (Aug 31st 2011)

I was going to visit her today, but 2 other colleagues (who also went yesterday) went again today and said she's asked people not to visit for now. Each time she sees someone new she has to go through it all again answering their questions, and she doesn't want to do that. One of them is going again tomorrow so I have given her a card and told her to tell my friend that I'm thinking about her and will visit next week. I once read that the worst time for the bereaved is after the funeral as people think they should be 'getting on with it', however it could be a while before that happens as he might not be buried yet because of legal processes.

TM - that's how I felt. It pains me that she hasn't got another child to console her, but a very good friend is staying with her and is 'bossing' her and making sure she eats, washes, dresses - all the things you just don't want to do. I just hope they catch whoever did it - they have apparently found the car.
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2011 5:37pm (Sep 1st 2011)

Just be with her Kate and let her know you're there for her. Thoughts to you both. :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2011 11:34pm (Sep 7th 2011)

I went to see my friend today with another mutual friend. She seems to be doing OK and spent a lot of time talking to us about Adam, what had happened, what would happen next, how touched she is by all the people who've sent cards and flowers and how loved Adam was. We also talked about work, her cats, had a laugh, and choked back tears.

Someone has now been arrested - a 37 year old male. Hopefully she will be able to have a funeral for Adam soon. She has found an amazing inner strength that is helping her get through this. She is a fantastic person.
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2011 10:21am (Sep 8th 2011)

Your friend is fortunate indeed Kate to have friends like you to help her.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2011 3:35am (Sep 9th 2011)

I hope they throw away the key, Kate. How can somebody DO that??
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2011 5:38am (Sep 9th 2011)

I'm with CC, Kate I hope they lock the guy up and throw the key away!
    Your friend is very fortunate to have good friends like you and your co-workers. No Mother should ever have to lose a child like that.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2011 7:18am (Sep 9th 2011)

Well done to you Kate and all her friends an unbelievable thing to have to go through.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2011 10:53pm (Sep 9th 2011)

She has great admiration for the police liaison officer that has been with her all along. If the driver had handed himself in I think she would've actually had some sympathy for him, after all he didn't set out to kill her son, but by waiting it out until the police found and arrested him I think she feels he will deserve everything he gets.
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2011 3:55am (Sep 16th 2011)

What a week!! our dear little budgie Cleo has gone over the rainbow bridge. On Monday, she suddenly flew out of her cage, something she has never done as she always waits for us to hold out a stick which she hops onto, then she has a fly and lands on the curtain rod.
    She flew across the room to a darker corner and banged into the wall. She stood up and seeemd ok then I picked her up and within 30 seconds she died in my hand. I was absolutely a mess, inconsolable and sobbed like an idiot. I could not believe our dear little birdy could touch my heart so much. It was a truly awful way for her to go. I know she came to us unexpectedly from out doors 2 1/2 years ago and would not have survived long in the wild but still my heart is so sad that we did not have her longer. I could not even write this earlier. I dare not think how I will react when out beloved pussy cat Thomas takes his final journey.
    I got a little box and we packed her in with some purple cloth and her bell and she has a lovely spot under the trees out the back.:face-plain:
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2011 6:06pm (Sep 16th 2011)

Oh TM I am so sorry to hear that, that must have been horrible :( :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2011 7:03pm (Sep 16th 2011)

Bless you, Julie; but she had a lovely time with you and you rescued her from God knows what - just remember the good times with her. :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2011 6:43pm (Sep 17th 2011)

Oh Julie i am sorry for you and your little clio an awful thing to happen will be thinking of you xx :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2011 6:51pm (Sep 17th 2011)

Oh Julie, I'm so very sorry to hear about your little bird. That is heartbreaking. RIP dear little Cleo.:face-crying::heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 17th, 2011 11:52pm (Sep 17th 2011)

I'm so sorry TM, but I hope you can remember all the good times you had with her and the extra life you gave her. She has a lovely resting spot.

Fly free at the bridge Cleo, and sleep soundly. :heart:

Heartfelt condolences to you TM. :heart: xx
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2011 12:05am (Sep 18th 2011)

Thank you everyone for your thoughfull words.:heart: Our grand daughter (age 8) was here overnight Friday, I explained it to her (without too many actual details) and described the box we buried Cleo in. She looked teary for a moment then was keen to talk about Cleo, then Thomas the cat and how amazing he is for an old fella, then she asked to see the burial spot. She cut some flowers and popped them down. I think we both benefited from that process.
    • CommentTimeSep 18th, 2011 11:35pm (Sep 18th 2011)

That's lovely TM, she sounds like a very thoughtful girl and it is good to go through the process like that. Are you feeling a little better about it today?
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2011 12:09am (Sep 20th 2011)

Yes Kate feeling a bit better today after a week, it's just that with the wedding on Sunday I am trying not to get too (here comes that word) 'stressed' :)
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2011 4:24pm (Sep 20th 2011)

Ommmmmmmmmm.....and relax. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2011 11:23pm (Sep 20th 2011)

Have you found an outfit? I hope we're going to get a picture!
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2011 6:00am (Sep 21st 2011)

Don't get stressed out, Julie..the wedding will be beautiful and so will you.

and don't forget the pictures:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd, 2011 11:16am (Sep 22nd 2011)

yes yes ohm ohmm ohmm, all set with a purple outfit, matching pants and top with a slight Asian style.
    Pics will come asap after the event. Weather looking good here for Sunday 19C and no rain or wind.
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2011 7:54am (Sep 25th 2011)

Lets see..it's about 5:00PM Sunday where you are, Julie..so how did the wedding go????? Was it a beautiful day there?:face-smile:

Waiting for pictures..tap..tap..still waiting:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2011 5:12pm (Sep 25th 2011)

Well the wedding was today. So it will be over. And she will be lying in a darkened room. Or possibly under a table...
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2011 11:16pm (Sep 25th 2011)

What - legless again?!!!! :face-devil-grin:

Can't wait to hear the details TM!
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2011 4:10pm (Sep 26th 2011)

:face-smile:Well of COURSE legless; she's been under a lot of stress!
    • CommentTimeSep 26th, 2011 11:55pm (Sep 26th 2011)

I am now up on my legs again, fanks very much. Some pics in Trevs mums tales.
    • CommentTimeOct 6th, 2011 5:00pm (Oct 6th 2011) edited

Remember stressed is desserts backwards so during these trying moments sit and relax with a nice but naughty chocolate pudding or a big bowl of ice cream !!!!
    • CommentTimeOct 6th, 2011 5:59pm (Oct 6th 2011)

Love it NN :laugh:
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2011 10:21pm (Oct 23rd 2011)

RIP Marco Simoncelli - killed at the Sapang Moto GP today. A talent cut short.