• CommentTimeAug 14th, 2010 6:45pm (Aug 14th 2010) edited

Don't know if anyone has ever had a browse of the Zooplus site before ( http://www.zooplus.co.uk/ ) , but it's worth keeping an eye on the 'welcome coupons'

I bought something off the site about a week ago, because I noticed the welcome coupon: spend over £5 and get £5 off! I bought a Clicker, massive bag of rodent treats, and a wooden clip-on bridge for Pearl's hamster cage.

Including postage it should have all come to just over £8, and I got it for £3.03 :bigsmile:

You can get some really cool stuff off the site as well, and once you are a member there are a variety of coupons you can use. Some of the rodent toys and cages are really good!
    • CommentTimeAug 15th, 2010 7:11pm (Aug 15th 2010)

Nice one Red thank you for this you never no i might get a Rat one day!!
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 12:32pm (Aug 16th 2010)

Yeah well they do stuff for reptiles, too. They sell a little minni terrarium that'd do for bugs and baby snakes, and it's only £5!
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 12:36pm (Aug 16th 2010)

I need to get some feeding tongs for James as the sod nearly got me last time - struck the glass then the tub I was carrying!

Nearly lost a finger! :wink:
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 3:54pm (Aug 16th 2010)

We've not seen James for a long time.
    How long is he now?
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2010 9:43pm (Aug 16th 2010)

I bet he has grown a fair bit,
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2010 1:07pm (Aug 17th 2010)

He's just over 4 foot now!! *proud smile*
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2010 3:56pm (Aug 17th 2010)

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Red!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 17th, 2010 5:20pm (Aug 17th 2010)

I will wrestle him out of his viv and get some pics!

(only joking, he's still a soft lump - unless he's hungry and mouse scent is in the air - then anything that moves is game!)
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2010 12:43pm (Aug 20th 2010)

four foot..... four foot.... my god he is huge:gasp: he was just a little fella last time we saw him!!!!!!!!
    no wonder you want to keep your fingers out of the way Neil.
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2010 3:50pm (Aug 20th 2010)

Cripes he sure has grown. Sounds like those tongs could be a real good idea. Could he give a real serious bite if he was in a bad mood Neil ?
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 10:46am (Aug 23rd 2010)

Not really :-)

Definitely not as bad as a dog or cat, or rat for that matter - all of those are more bitey than he is!
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 12:39pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

He wouldn't bite if he was in a bad mood either - just if he saw you bringing a mouse and thought you were the food!

Oh god, I don't think he could bite to the bone like those rats could :P
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:24pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

I have never have had a lot to do with snakes so it is all interesting to me. I have always been nervous about them although they are very fascinating.
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:27pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

I'll have you know my rats have never bitten me!! How very dare you!!! :001_tt2: :rolling:

But the cats - they're a different story!! (never drawn blood though!)
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:33pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

I got bitten by a syberian hamster once, cripes it hurt like hell and took ages to heal. It looked so cute as well!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 9:37pm (Aug 23rd 2010)

That's the problem with rodents - their teeth are designed to gnaw and that makes them damn sharp! I know I've been lucky with my girls. I wouldn't fancy having a snake bite though - owchee!
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2010 11:18pm (Aug 23rd 2010) edited

Never been bitten by any of my rats other than the last two, and I have had four pairs, so I have nothing against them. But my god when they bite they hit the bone!!

I'd take a bitey corn snake over a bitey rat any day - corn snake bites aren't that bad!!

Working at Animal Care I've been cat-attacked a lot, and Nelly scratches and bites when she's playing, and she has those needle-like teeth that kittens and puppies have! She's so cute she gets away with it though ;)
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2010 5:22pm (Aug 24th 2010)

I got bitten by a bat that flew down our chimney when I was a brat...still got the scar! Didn't hurt too much, no problems. As long as I'm back in my coffin before dawn.
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2010 9:56pm (Aug 24th 2010) edited

:rolling: Classic CC!

I was bitten by a werewolf but I'm alright noowwwwwwww!
    • CommentTimeAug 25th, 2010 8:08pm (Aug 25th 2010)

Ha ha ha CC and Kate you have made me laugh so much, I couldn't tell Grandad North what I was laughing about cos I was spluttering so much. He had to come and read it for himself, he thinks we are all mad now not just me !!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2010 12:00pm (Aug 26th 2010) edited

That's the reassuring bit though, it's not just you it's all of us. :-)

Is it sad that I'm watching/listening to hencam to see if the builders have 'knocked off' early?! I think I can hear a radio and the cement mixer so I think they're still hard at it.

Will upload pics of the progress so far - won't be much though - it's been slow going!
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2010 12:22pm (Aug 26th 2010)

Pfft, will you ********! Where's that video from when you visited us in Lancaster then, eh?!?!
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2010 10:17pm (Aug 26th 2010)

You should set the roving cam up to turn around far enough to see them. We could have hencam builder cam then.
    • CommentTimeAug 27th, 2010 8:46pm (Aug 27th 2010)

It was set up so we could see them coming and going at one time. Don't forget one of the cameras is in for repair.