• CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2010 6:39pm (Sep 14th 2010)

It is I, Volka. Wow, what a mad few months it's been with work and life and family. I hardly feel like I've been home, expecially as we've had builders in and I now have 2 new lovely rooms. I will start posting when I have caught up. We lost Peanut to the same chest infection that Red died of, and we had a good few weeks when the others seemed to have constant colds but (touch wood) everyone seems to be very well and perky - 5 eggs a day, what a treat!
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2010 8:35pm (Sep 14th 2010)

Hello Volka and welcome back I have missed you. How lovely to have two new rooms, I bet your house feels really huge now.
    Sorry to hear about peanut that is such a shame.
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2010 8:36pm (Sep 14th 2010)

Welcome back Volka, you have been missed.
    Sorry to hear you have lost Peanut as well as Red.
    • CommentTimeSep 14th, 2010 10:27pm (Sep 14th 2010)

Condolences from me too Volka on the loss of your hens. Glad the others all seem to be doing OK! I bet you're loving having your new rooms. What rooms are they?!
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeSep 15th, 2010 12:40pm (Sep 15th 2010)

hello and welcome back Volka.
    sorry to hear the sad news of Peanut and Red.
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2010 9:57am (Sep 16th 2010)

Volka thinking of you, it's never easy to say goodbye to our dear animal friends. Nice to have a supply of fresh eggs. I grew up surrounded by hens, none now, but I love them very much.
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2010 7:31pm (Sep 16th 2010)

Hi Volka sorry to here about your girls to.
    but glad to hear all is well with the rest of them.:bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeSep 16th, 2010 7:33pm (Sep 16th 2010)

Hello, Volka, we missed you! Sorry to hear your news though....:heart:
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2010 8:54pm (Sep 20th 2010)

We may have a new addition to our little flock, a friend at work says he's got one hen that is being totally bullied by his others. He's going to give it another week or so but if the situation doesn't improve, she's coming to us - hooray!

Our new rooms are a lovely little spare room (with a view of the garden and chickens) and my husband now has a massive office and dressing room (he has more clothes than me, unbelievably!). It wasn't cheap but we had put a bit away each week for it and did all the decorating ourselves so that saved a bundle.
    • CommentTimeSep 20th, 2010 9:32pm (Sep 20th 2010)

That's great news Volka! It would be lovely if she managed to settle where she is, but good to know she has a good home waiting for her if she doesn't.

Your rooms sound lovely. I must get my head around decorating. We've been here over 3 years now - its got to be done. [sigh!]
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2010 4:53pm (Sep 21st 2010)

We've been here 23 years and never decorated the kitchen...yet!
    • CommentTimeSep 21st, 2010 9:46pm (Sep 21st 2010)

That's because it doesn't get used enough CC!!!! :biggrin:
    • CommentAuthorvolka
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd, 2010 8:47am (Sep 22nd 2010)

like the saying: "i only have a kitchen because it came with the house"!
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd, 2010 6:33pm (Sep 22nd 2010)

I have a sign in the kitchen saying 'I understand the concept of cooking and cleaning, just not as it applies to me.'
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd, 2010 9:16pm (Sep 23rd 2010)

My kitchen signs are... Cats are like chips you can't have just one. The other is Cats leave paw prints on your heart.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2010 9:11am (Sep 24th 2010)

love 'em NN I have the cats and paw prints one too.
    • CommentTimeSep 24th, 2010 8:06pm (Sep 24th 2010)

Hi Trevs mum good to see you again. The cats paw prints one was given to me by my good friend and neighbour Margaret one birthday. She is a bit nervous of cats and Daisy is a little begger for sitting on her path staring at her knowing that it puts the wind up her!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2010 4:05pm (Sep 25th 2010)

I had a friend at college whose Alsatian guide dog would stare at nervy people on the tube if there were no seats,until they got up and then she'd put Bill in their seat...
    • CommentTimeSep 25th, 2010 8:07pm (Sep 25th 2010)

Oh Bless, that is just so sweet CC and what a superb guide dog that is just so clever.