• CommentTimeSep 28th, 2010 4:36am (Sep 28th 2010)

Thomas the Amazing Cat is 19 today
    (other wise known as Survivor cat or Houdini!)

Well here we are, another birthday for Thomas. He was not expected to make it to 18 and he is still going.
    After numerous health problems heart, kidney disease, pancreatitis and lately a diagnosis of diabetes he is putting on weight again, definitely stronger in body, eating well and all major organs are functioning fine including the midnight ‘meow’ one.
    He loves the staircase Brian made for him to pop up onto our bed so easily and especially loves the new gas log fire in the family room which he is certain we installed for his benefit.

He loves the patch of afternoon sun in the craft room and watches me as I work on my cards and paper craft.

Grand daughter Isabelle is here today and we took morning tea to the vet staff as they have been so wonderful especially over the past 6 months. We will just enjoy his company for as long as we can. He is such a great little companion. Pets certainly enhance our lives.

Photobucket
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2010 4:37am (Sep 28th 2010)

Thomas is 19 today
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2010 4:39am (Sep 28th 2010)

Photobucket

Photobucket
    • CommentAuthorfrogdust
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2010 5:59am (Sep 28th 2010)

:frog3::_party: May he have many more to come ! WOW that cake looks so good!:woohoo:
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2010 9:39am (Sep 28th 2010)

Happy Birthday Thomas you are indeed a beautiful boy. I wish I could give you a cuddle but I am sure your Mum will give you a good cuddle for me xx Thank you for sharing his birthday with us Julie and for the beautiful photos.
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2010 10:52am (Sep 28th 2010)

Nom Nom very nice choc mud cake with strawberry and choc sauce drizzled over it.
    Thomas has had lots of pats and cuddles. NN I gave him a cuddle and told him his hencam friends are thinking of him.

We had a lovely fun day although when we took grand daughter home it took ages to travel across Geelong as this week the UCI world cycling championships are here and there are many road blocks but we don't mind as it has put us on the map in the cycling world, it's second only to the Tour de France apparently.
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2010 6:55pm (Sep 28th 2010)

:cat::bdayhappy_balloons::bdayparty::bdaycake:Happy birthday, handsome!
    Magical looking cake, Julie; did you make it?
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2010 8:29pm (Sep 28th 2010)

Thank you for passing on my cuddle to Thomas Julie, Bless him.... I told my cats about him and Kimmi jumped off the back of the settee to the arm beside me to have a snuggle as well so I will pass that one on to him from Kimmi as well. The cake sounds so yummy it has made me drool thinking about it. I am glad you all had a lovely day together.
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2010 9:45pm (Sep 28th 2010)

And a happy birthday and cuddle from me too! (er, for Thomas, not you TM! LOL!!) Lovely cake - never seen one like that. Thank you for the pictures of him - he doesn't look his age at all!
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2010 4:26am (Sep 29th 2010)

Thanks folks, I cannot tell a lie,:666: even though I am way over here, I didnt make the cake:biggrin:.
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2010 5:54pm (Sep 29th 2010)

Happy Birthday to Thomas from your English (Though originally from Burma too) pals, Brown and Blue.
    Obvious how we were named.
    This one is Brown and the other is Blue!

We admire your lovely dark tail and legs, ours haven't got dark at all yet as we brothers are only two years old.
    • CommentTimeSep 29th, 2010 6:26pm (Sep 29th 2010)

That cake looks awesome Julie!!!!!!!!!! and well done to Thomas for making it to 19!!! its amazing!!! :hurray:
    • CommentTimeOct 12th, 2010 1:02pm (Oct 12th 2010)

Aw, a VERY late belated Happy Birthday to Thomas, he is beautiful <3