• CommentTimeOct 26th, 2010 12:23am (Oct 26th 2010) edited

I usually keep an eye on birthday list but let this one slip by me. I know we havent seen Diane on here as much lately but stil want to wish her a happy birthday for last Friday.
    Hope you had a really enjoyable day dear girl filled with love, laughter and cake!!!
    :bdayhappy_balloons:
    :bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:
    :bdayparty:
    • CommentTimeOct 26th, 2010 9:53am (Oct 26th 2010)

I don't think Diane has been on here since mid-June, so it looks like she's abandoned us... :face-crying:
    • CommentTimeOct 26th, 2010 2:09pm (Oct 26th 2010)

Well, :bdayparty: if she ever comes back!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 26th, 2010 7:11pm (Oct 26th 2010)

Wow. Thanks you guys. These greetings mean a lot. I hope everyone is very well. I had a GREAT birthday weekend (3 cakes in total) - thanks, Trev's Mum. :)

I haven't intended to abandon my beloved hencam, I just miss Milly. Sorry to bring up a sad subject - but I wanted to explain. And, after a computer crash, I am on a borrowed (Mac) computer which, no matter how much I try, will not download the needed plug in to see the cams...

Anyway. THANKS for thinking of me !!
    • CommentTimeOct 26th, 2010 7:15pm (Oct 26th 2010)

Happy belated birthday Diane, so good to see you again. Three cakes crikey that sure is a lot of cake !!!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 26th, 2010 7:17pm (Oct 26th 2010)

:) Never too much cake though. :) Thanks NN!
    • CommentTimeOct 26th, 2010 8:21pm (Oct 26th 2010)

Hope it was a happy day, chicken! :heart:
    • CommentTimeOct 26th, 2010 10:13pm (Oct 26th 2010)

I hope you had a wonderful day!
      LW_HBD-Diane-10.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 26th, 2010 11:34pm (Oct 26th 2010)

I checked my birthday book today and realised I had missed your birthday Diane - I am so sorry! Glad to hear you had a good day - I can't see the cams on our mac so use the old laptop instead!

Great to see you popped back for a quick visit. xx
    • CommentTimeOct 27th, 2010 9:26am (Oct 27th 2010)

It's really good to see you back here again Diane, and you have been missed, (in fact the fact you weren't around as much kept cropping up in several threads), so it's very nice to hear from you, and glad you had a great birthday!

I'm not too up with Macs so I can't promise I can offer much help, but if you can let me know what o/s it's running I can try and see if anyone else has had the same problem...
    • CommentTimeOct 27th, 2010 10:45pm (Oct 27th 2010)

Er, our Mac has Safari? (Is that what you mean?!!!) I'm quite happy to use the laptop - its a good excuse to sit in the rat room with the TV and laptop and not have to worry about anyone else needing the puter!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 28th, 2010 12:04am (Oct 28th 2010)

Hi Neil - its a Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 Thanks so much. I know almost nothing about Macs. The problem I'm having is that it wants additional plug ins but nothing seems to work. I've added these: wmpfirefoxplugin.exe, WM Components 2.3.4.1.dmg, QuickTime766Leopard.dmg, Flip4Mac WMV 2.3.5.4.dmg. Also WM Components 2.1.2.72.dmg (previous attempt) and Firefox 3.6.3.dmg. (So, I'm using Firefox...)
    • CommentTimeOct 28th, 2010 5:56pm (Oct 28th 2010)

Was that English...?:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 28th, 2010 8:08pm (Oct 28th 2010)

Ditto! :laugh:
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeOct 28th, 2010 9:22pm (Oct 28th 2010)

No, that be Mac-ish.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 28th, 2010 10:42pm (Oct 28th 2010)

Er, I tried a couple of things that it wanted me to try, but they didn't help. (That's the non-techy version of what Diane said!!!)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2010 2:54am (Oct 31st 2010) edited

Posted By: chief chicken: Was that English...?

Yurt.
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2010 3:40pm (Oct 31st 2010)

Thrunge.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2010 4:18pm (Nov 2nd 2010)

LOL Do you realize that, backwards, that is Eg-nurht. Which rhymes with ... Yurt!
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2010 10:25pm (Nov 2nd 2010)

And contains real eg. No offence, Red...:tooth:
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2010 1:05pm (Nov 3rd 2010)

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyHi Neil - its a Mac OS X Version 10.4.11

Posted By: DianeonWhidbeyMac OS X Version 10.4.11

Ok, the only help I can offer is to try Flip4Mac (as advised by Microsoft).

The site is: http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm

There is a free "WMV Player" which will:

Play Windows Media files on your Mac using QuickTime Player or Safari Web Browser

Let me know if that helps at all :-)