• CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2010 9:57am (Nov 3rd 2010)

First of all, happy Halloween for yesterday!

And we'd also like you to join us (virtually, seen as you probably live in another country than us!) for our bonfire celebrations on Friday 5th November, starting around 7:30pm.

*I originally posted it was on Saturday, apparently it's not... oops!*

Can't guarantee an amazing firework display but hopefully it will be fun anyway!

Hope to see you there...
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2010 10:40am (Nov 3rd 2010) edited

I'll enjoy very much joining your bonfire party at the weekend Neil. Thank you very much for the invitation.
    I live close enough :seeya: (about 15miles as the squib flies) to actually see for real any particularly great rocket you send up. Last year's was lots of fun!
    The virtual pie 'n peas was the greatest, a bit moore ont' mint sauce this time please. :drool:
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2010 10:48am (Nov 3rd 2010) edited

Ollie, if the virtual pie-n-peas isn't right this time, you are more than welcome to attend in person! :face-smile:

Could bring grand-daughter too, but chickens will be in bed so no meet & greets I'm afraid!
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2010 1:37pm (Nov 3rd 2010)

I'mma be getting them up anyway :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2010 2:13pm (Nov 3rd 2010)

:face-smile:
    Hmmmmm.....
    Shobhna is just pondering if she fancies a drive oooop Norf on Friday.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2010 7:20pm (Nov 3rd 2010) edited

You could touch a snake, tick it off the list ;) :wink:
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2010 10:36pm (Nov 3rd 2010)

I hope your forecast for Friday is better than ours!
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2010 12:13am (Nov 4th 2010)

Hmm, heavy rain :/
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2010 1:14am (Nov 4th 2010)

Righto I will be there Neil!!!! and bring Brian and Trevor. Anna can pop over from China. I will bring a plate or two, my famous Mex layered dip goes down a treat and my warm cheese dip in a cob loaf and a bottle of non alcoholic gin :drinkparty:and and and ah well I can wish. Have an enjoyable night folks, I will watch out for the fireworks.
    :biggrinjester:
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2010 6:50am (Nov 4th 2010)

That would be amaaaazing if everyone turned up! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2010 4:32pm (Nov 4th 2010)

I wish I could be there in person, but I'll be there via the internet anyway, I've enjoyed the past Bonfire nights very much, Neil.
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2010 5:30pm (Nov 4th 2010)

I can't come that far north, I've not had my injections....but I'll be there via pooter!
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2010 8:05pm (Nov 4th 2010)

It's gonna blummin' rain but will be fun anyhoo :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 5:59pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I hope the bonfire won't get rained out. I'm waiting for the party to start. I can hear a few fireworks in the distance now.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 6:28pm (Nov 5th 2010) edited

Hi there every one!
    I am here in the ether (well that's what it feels like after my first sherry of the evening).
    LOvely bangs coming from Hencam. They don't seem to bother the chucks.

I am eagerly watching Neil's, already ajar, back door for the arrival o't pies and t' crates etc.

At the same time watching the Space Station, on the
    net, approaching Hencam at five miles per second to arrive there at seven o clock. Do shout "Hi Guys" to them as you see them pass over. = Appear as a bright light - can be confused with a plane's headlight going West to East.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 6:53pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I'm here too, Ollie, awaiting the party to begin. I can see fireworks from across the valley and I can hear them. The hens don't seem to be bothered by the noise.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 6:56pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I see Neil coming out the back door.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 6:59pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I think he just pinched the moving camera from the coop.
    Getting excited now !!!!

Here come more guests.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 6:59pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Hi every one this is fun, I am so pleased I came on line tonight.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:00pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Hi NN..this always is a fun night!
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:01pm (Nov 5th 2010)

MY poor Kimmi cat is hiding in the cupboard under the stairs he gets so frightened poor little boy. The other cats take no notice.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:04pm (Nov 5th 2010)

My old pup "Sniz", has gone outside because she does't like the noise coming from the PC.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:38pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Tuppence is in her air raid shelter under the piano stool with a thick blanket over it....
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:40pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Oh poor Tuppence...My Sniz thinks it's New Years Eve again..I guess I should turn the volume down a little bit on the PC.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:43pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I see people eating something...so what are we having tonight..Soup???..Ice cream??
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:44pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I'm halfway down a bag of salt and vinegar crisps (:face-smile: )and a glass of ginger beer (antibiotics...:face-sad: ).
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:51pm (Nov 5th 2010)

i'm eating a stilton omlette with a chopped salad dressed with plain yogurt.
    Now CC, that's what you need to keep your gut flora established - plain yogurt daily. not a lot and not those silly little expensive pots either.
    I use the Onken big pots all the time instead of salad dressings (yuk) and also in place of cream or custard.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:54pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I'm trying to not eat too much today..it's either go on a diet or buy a bigger size of pants. I've got "too much junk in my trunk" and can't get them zipped.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 7:56pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Hi Neil.
    He just came to the camera and showed us his eating stuff. ! ! !
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:02pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Ah. Camera adjustment. Much better view now. Thanks.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:19pm (Nov 5th 2010)

sorry I got called away and couldn't get back till just now.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:24pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I can not put my sound on as Grandad North is watching TV. I dont want to upset him as he has been a good lad all day and made me a real nice spice rack this afternoon.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:26pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I see Neil and is that Joe. I think that is Scarlet or is it Helen they are very much alike and it is hard to tell from here !
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:26pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Have you tried an ear piece that plugs into the side NN?
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:29pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I have the same trouble Lynn with my jeans. I keep trying to diet but don't eat much as it is. mind you I just has five chocolates as I needed a treat !!!
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:30pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I think I have one somewhere Ollie but didnt get on to well with it last time.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:32pm (Nov 5th 2010)

ohh a catherine wheel
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:36pm (Nov 5th 2010)

That Catherine wheel was quite something.
    The effect on the camera was very different, pity we can't give a replay.

Oooh here come the drinks...
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:38pm (Nov 5th 2010)

looks like everyone has gone back inside at hencam.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:40pm (Nov 5th 2010)

It could be raining there its hard to tell. We have had some rain this evening but it is dry at the mo
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:42pm (Nov 5th 2010)

It does look like the rain has started to come down there, NN.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:43pm (Nov 5th 2010)

• CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:47pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Oh don't Ollie I am still full from our evening meal. Ohh they have roused the fire up again.

It has been a fairly decent day here Lynn I got a load of garden jobs done and even cut the grass. The hens helped give the veg garden a bit of a make over as I didnt close the gate properly and they thought it would suprise me :face-plain:
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:49pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Posted By: ollie in UKNo, they've gone in for the nosh. All those lovely pies 'n peas with mint sauce and vinegar. Yum, yum.

I think I'll skip dinner..ok? :svengo:
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:51pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I got the leaves off the lawns but left them on the beds.
    I have a beautiful red acer and love it's leaves so leave then on where ever I can. (!)
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:52pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Ha ha it is one of the local delicasie's this way Lynn, I must admit it isn't something I would care for either.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:53pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Posted By: nanny northhelped give the veg garden a bit of a make over as I didnt close the gate properly and they thought it would suprise me

My little darlings try to "help" me too, NN. I could do without the help, but it makes them feel good, so I just let them do what they want.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:54pm (Nov 5th 2010)

The leaves have been beautiful this year haven't they, best display for a long while. We went to Crich Wednesday and the woods there were delightful I hadnt got my camera with me unfortunatly.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 8:58pm (Nov 5th 2010)

They are such sweeties I love it when I am weeding and there little feathery bodies rub against me, and they way they murmur little encouragements.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:00pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Looks like they have all gone for a walk now
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:01pm (Nov 5th 2010)

They must be walking off the pies 'n peas with mint sauce and vinegar.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:03pm (Nov 5th 2010)

The cam has changed back to the regular view, so the party must be over.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:05pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Thanks for a lovely party Neil (burp)
    'scuse me pls!...
    Looking forward to next year and a really good "neet art".
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:05pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I trained Baby Blue to eat corn from a mug so it was easy for Aurelia to feed her, but it rather backfired the other day as Baby Blue saw Aurelia with the corn mug and came running over at full pelt. Aurelia thought she was going to chase her so turned and ran and baby blue ran behind her and scared her so she was screaming !!! I did have to laugh as they did look real funny.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:07pm (Nov 5th 2010)

I don't go out nights much nowadays. so it made a nice change Thanks Neil and Family xx
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:08pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Thank you for the Party, Neil..it was fun to see. I really had a good time.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:10pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Ah, talking of blue..
    I have made a "Blue-bottle-tree".

It is the arch I made in spring with lavetera tied down. Now it is being trimmed back a bit, I have stuck empty sherry bottles onto the thicker stems. Looks wonderful with the sun shinning through in the afternoon.

I used the idea from a gardening magazine.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:14pm (Nov 5th 2010)

That sounds really interesting Ollie, What a good idea. I should love to see that.

I have made some "flowers" from egg shaped polystyrene shapes and fabric, last week. I will take some pictures when I get a free moment.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:20pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Posted By: ollie in UKI have made a "Blue-bottle-tree".

That sounds lovely, Ollie..could you take a picture of it? I would so love to see it.
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 9:26pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Here is a picture of Aurelia with one of the little pumpkins we grew
      009.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2010 11:11pm (Nov 5th 2010)

Oh NN, that is a great picture!!! LOL!!! I laughed about baby blue chasing her too - it must've been a very funny sight.

I missed the party because we had to go to Ikea. My pets have coped quite well with the noise this year. Maybe its because they're so old now they can't be bothered to run and hide!
    • CommentTimeNov 6th, 2010 7:58pm (Nov 6th 2010)

IKEA??? Dear God Kate, what a dreadful alternative to a jolly bonny party....
    Ollie, you're so right re the yoghurt; I buy huuuuge pots of the Greek stuff...and i want to see a pic of the bluebottle tree too,please!
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2010 1:15am (Nov 8th 2010)

49 posts about bonfire night, wow you were busy girls. Sounds like a nice way to spend the evening cosy inside enjoying a snack and the fire works or two.

NN pumpkin photo is funny, lovely drees on Aurelia and that story about the hen chasing her just too funny.

Ollie I liked the sound of your omelette, yummy.

CC salt and vinegar chips NOM NOM NOM!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2010 1:40pm (Nov 8th 2010)

Not sure if the view was the best from the cam we had set up so apologies if you only saw people stood in front of it but I did try and place the last one (the big catherine wheel) right in front of it!

Scarlet filmed one of our huge rockets going off so I'll try and post that too!
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2010 8:31pm (Nov 8th 2010)

Beckie got Aurelia a halloween outfit Julie, but the sleeves were very rough and rubbed her arms really badly. So she had to wear her butterfly party dress. It is so pretty, she has some lovely clothes.
    We managed Neil and thank you for thinking of us.
    • CommentTimeMar 31st, 2011 11:41pm (Mar 31st 2011)

I'm highjacking this thread to say how very many posts there have been today (also want to get it in before midnight)
    I thought there was a lot last bonfire night when we were all toasting ourselves up there at HenCam Bonfire but today has exceeded that.
    77 posts !!!
    I can't see any particular reason for the flood but it's great !
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2011 7:28am (Apr 1st 2011)

Nice one ollie we need some one like you to tell us things like that 77 posts ha we will be really famous soon :face-smile:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2011 12:36pm (Apr 1st 2011)

:face-smile:
    And I looked on here to see if we were having another Bonfire Party. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2011 1:52pm (Apr 1st 2011)

No it wasn't an April Fool.
    That's why I was keen to get it in before midnight!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2011 4:35pm (Apr 1st 2011)

It is good to have a decent amount of posts for a change. It is a great shame that more people don't post you know the saying use it or loose it and that would be real sad.
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2011 7:04pm (Apr 1st 2011)

Well I'm going to let off some rockets anyway. :tooth:
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2011 7:30pm (Apr 1st 2011) edited

Ok CC tell me what time you will let the Rockets off i will set my Air Bombs off!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2011 8:50pm (Apr 1st 2011)

cool I think I will break out my stash of catherine wheels :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeApr 1st, 2011 9:15pm (Apr 1st 2011)

Right NN you have really done it now ......Iam getting out my Sparklers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd, 2011 12:59am (Apr 2nd 2011)

Hey, I have some of those light sticks kids wave at parties.
    Oh and a few Chinese lanterns.

Whoopee! Party Time again.
    :aparty1: