• CommentTimeNov 30th, 2010 6:23pm (Nov 30th 2010) edited

I looked out of the bedroom window this morning to see how the road was with the snow and my friend Margaret across from me was putting up her Christmas tree. I took a quick picture of it this evening and then thought it would be nice to start the Chrismas thread with it.
      first christmas tree this year.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2010 8:23pm (Nov 30th 2010)

What a lovely tree, NN. I'm thinking of putting mine up this week too. It's fake, so I can put it up anytime.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2010 10:53pm (Nov 30th 2010)

I've got to go and buy a tree - I threw mine away 2 years ago, and then left it too late to buy one last year (the nice ones were all sold). I suspect I might be too late again this year!
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2010 2:57pm (Dec 1st 2010)

Mine is fake as well Lynn. I hate to see a real one chopped off at the roots just for a couple of weeks pleasure. Poor things.

Now come on Kate its time to get out there and choose one. No you are not to late yet and we all want you to have a nice tree this year, I did say I would remind you so have the Christmas thread up nice and early so you got no excuses !!!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2010 10:32pm (Dec 1st 2010)

I just can't see one I like! I am too fussy obviously - either that or don't want to pay £50 for a tree that looks like it came from the pound shop. I really wanted a really nice one and am happy to pay a reasonable amount - after all this is our 27th Christmas together and my first tree came from Woolworths (£35, had it for about 16 years) and the second was one my hubby's best mate was throwing out because they'd bought a new one so he brought it home so that "we didn't have to waste money on one". We had that for about 8 years before I threw it out.
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2010 7:07pm (Dec 2nd 2010)

Keep you eye open Kate you will come across one when you least expect it.
    I got my first card today it was from Margaret she popped it through the door when I was out seeing to the girls lunch time. She is getting so excited Bless her as she will be a Grandma for the first time in aprox one weeks time.

I got my presents wrapped this afternoon so am really on the ball with them this year. I am still making cards and am behind with those still I will get there eventually.
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2010 10:00pm (Dec 2nd 2010)

Oh NN I am so jealous! I really have got to get my finger out and go buy some stuff. I just can't seem to get around to it - I seem to have too many other things running around in my head to get to grips with present buying.
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2010 6:17pm (Dec 6th 2010) edited

We bought out tree today!!

It's similar to Gaylande last year, a real tree but in a pot so we can plant it in the woods afterwards, he is alive and well and won't die :tooth:
    He is called Lyude, Lee for short :face-smile:

Not decorated yet as some friends are coming around tonight to help out as they aren't allowed trees on campus!
      lyude.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2010 9:02pm (Dec 6th 2010)

Not allowed trees?? Why on earth not??
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2010 9:23pm (Dec 6th 2010) edited

In case they try to eat or drink it. You know what students are like!!!

I just said in another thread that I've finally bought a plastic tree - 5'. Think I might decorate it with white/silver/glass as its got quite dense 'fake' branches.
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2010 10:06pm (Dec 6th 2010)

Posted By: chief chickenNot allowed trees?? Why on earth not??

Fire hazard...*rolls eyes*
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2010 10:07pm (Dec 6th 2010) edited

We just decorated the tree, and the room, and Ron's house!!
    We're all sat here listening to Christmas music and playing games :tooth:
      lyudenew.jpg
      lyudenew2.jpg
      lyudenew3.jpg
      lyudenew4.jpg
      lyudenew5.jpg
      lyudenew6.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2010 4:09am (Dec 7th 2010)

Beautiful little tree, Red. I love the decorations!
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2010 5:34am (Dec 7th 2010)

• CommentTimeDec 7th, 2010 9:59am (Dec 7th 2010)

Beautiful tree Red, and the lights are so pretty. Well done for being the first Hencammer to get their tree up.
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2010 10:01am (Dec 7th 2010) edited

Click here for your card.
    I hope this works and it should have sound
    Opps that don't work lets try another way...........................
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2010 10:03am (Dec 7th 2010) edited

• CommentTimeDec 7th, 2010 2:46pm (Dec 7th 2010)

Posted By: Trevs MumOh pretty lights Red, what is the glow in the secnd last pic? looks like a space ship landing in your garden.

Hahaha, it's Ron's house!

We lost the star to go on top of the tree so one of our friends made one out of a cardboard box and a toilet roll tube - I think it looks real good!

NN, that card is awesome :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2010 5:23pm (Dec 7th 2010)

Posted By: Red
    Posted By: chief chickenNot allowed trees?? Why on earth not??

Fire hazard...*rolls eyes*

Many's the Christmas I've spent watching the Christmas tree blazing merrily...
    Lovely tree, Red! Even if it isn't burning...:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2010 6:53pm (Dec 7th 2010) edited

Hahahaha!!!! Thanks CC :tooth:

Photo of most of us with the tree after decorating!
      treeee.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2010 10:15pm (Dec 7th 2010)

Thnk you NN a lovely card indeed, I have sent it to my grand daughter Isabelle.
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 3:48pm (Dec 8th 2010)

Glad you enjoyed it TM and I hope Isabelle does as well.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:13pm (Dec 8th 2010) edited

NN said i needed to put my Christmas photos on here so here they are.
    My £15 Asda tree in the first photo and my £13 Fibre optic tree in the second.
      DSCF5454 (1296 x 972).jpg
      DSCF5445 (1296 x 972).jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:16pm (Dec 8th 2010)

And this is Rene the Reindeer who we love!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      DSCF5457 (1296 x 972).jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:29pm (Dec 8th 2010)

Lovely pictures Lee and I adore Rene, has he been in the family a long while Lee? He looks as if he may have a story to tell. You did well with new tree it looks real good. I must make an effort and get going with mine. It takes me ages prinking about with getting it all just so !!!
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:38pm (Dec 8th 2010)

Well NN he is new this year Sara bought him in a place called Lewes nr Brighton lovely place his name is Rene because when she was looking at him (or should i say falling in love with him)there was a little girl in front and she said to Sara that is not Rudolf you no because he has not got a red nose!!!!! so hence Rene!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:48pm (Dec 8th 2010)

I know Lewes we used to have a friend that lives there, she was a wonderful pianist and had a lovely old house full of interesting things.

I love how he got his name children don't miss much do they ? I see why Sara fell in love with him he is just so unusual.
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:50pm (Dec 8th 2010)

Lovely trees! But OMG...what a tidy house!! You'd better wear shades if you ever visit us...:D
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:53pm (Dec 8th 2010)

Same as my house then CC hee hee
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:54pm (Dec 8th 2010)

That's a relief....housewife of thwe year I ain't... :rolling:
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:57pm (Dec 8th 2010)

Sara said the dust does not show on the photos!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:58pm (Dec 8th 2010)

No me neither, we must be too artistic I like a little bit of dust about the place I always wonder if it is some one comming or going... you know dust to dust !!
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 5:59pm (Dec 8th 2010)

Oh Bless her bet she is pleased you are a good photographer !!!
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 6:17pm (Dec 8th 2010)

If the house is tidy, Eric always asks who's coming...
    • CommentTimeDec 8th, 2010 6:23pm (Dec 8th 2010)

Ha ha mine dont even notice
    • CommentTimeDec 9th, 2010 4:24am (Dec 9th 2010)

Lovely trees Lee and I LOVE Rene!!!! he is cute.
    • CommentTimeDec 12th, 2010 11:06pm (Dec 12th 2010)

I hope this link works it is really lovely and just what I needed on a Monday morning to get me going as I still dont feel better yet, this bug is hanging on and on.
    It made me smile and laugh and get teary all at once, just magic.

• CommentTimeDec 13th, 2010 7:50am (Dec 13th 2010) edited

Very good indeed perhaps its time for the students in this country to do something artistic in protest of Student fees people might stop look and listen !!!!!!!!!!!! I no the violence is a hard core minority but it is doing no good. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2010 11:24am (Dec 13th 2010)

That was FANTASTICO.
    Helped a lovely Monday morning to get even better.

There was as similar "surprise" event in a prog I watched on tv a couple of days ago.
    A single clog dancer in a shopping street, started to clickety click. Then another joined in... It ended with a mass dancing, loads of them in their clogs.

Such a beautiful presentation, all the better for well planned "spontaneity".
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2010 4:42pm (Dec 13th 2010) edited

Reminds me of these:

• CommentTimeDec 13th, 2010 10:25pm (Dec 13th 2010)

I love the happy flash mob things. Here's another - this makes me teary (but then, so do they all!)

• CommentTimeDec 14th, 2010 3:42am (Dec 14th 2010)

These flash mob happenings are just absolutely fabulous I cant stop raving about them, it makes you smile and feel so great. I hope all our hencammers see them here.:face-smile:

Now here's a Christmas song, really clever and I think the only animal missing is a hen!!!!!

• CommentTimeDec 14th, 2010 11:28pm (Dec 14th 2010)

Love that one TM!! Especially the white cat that didn't want to sing his line! Very clever and cute!
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2010 8:50pm (Dec 16th 2010)

Oh I do love the singing animals thanks for putting it on Julie. I think I will watch it again in a minute.
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2010 8:53pm (Dec 16th 2010)

I finally got my decorations finished today. I will take pictures tomorrow as I feel to tired now and in desperate need for chocolate !!!
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2010 9:05pm (Dec 16th 2010)

My tree is up!!!!! I'll take a photo later and post it. Its nothing special, but at least I've got it up now!
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2010 9:06pm (Dec 16th 2010)

We have snow inside seeing as the outside snow is failing!
      xmasdec2.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 16th, 2010 9:15pm (Dec 16th 2010)

Ohh I am looking forward to seeing your tree Kate I am sure it is lovely. I have gone way over the top as usual. Grandad North had been in at leat four minutes before he realised something was different ...........Men.... still I love doing Christmas so thats the main thing.

I love the mantlepiece snow Red that is real effective
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:17am (Dec 17th 2010)

Here's my new tree (with old decorations!) I just kept going until I got fed up (you can see I have a low boredom threshold!) It looks lovely when the main light is off and its just the tree. Excuse the bits on the floor - hubby said he thought I'd bought a fake tree so that it didn't drop any needles, but I said that's the beauty of modern fakes - realistic to the end!!!!!!
      Tree.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:38pm (Dec 17th 2010)

Thats a real nice tree Kate beautiful and bushy. You have decorated it a treat. I love having just my tree on at night time. The lights look so pretty and gives the room such a soft glow.
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:41pm (Dec 17th 2010) edited

As you all know I go well over the top with my Christmas decorations !!! I took pictures today so here we go.
      robin wreath wall.jpg
      robin wreath.jpg
      robin.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:43pm (Dec 17th 2010)

Really lovely tree Kate, like the swathes of soft ??? sweeping around the branches....and one lonely pressie at the base...he he he. I have heaps of pressies wrapped and one tiny tree about a foot tall. Too embarrased to take a pic. Am only just starting to feel a bit 'humin' again after the virus and didnt get the biggy out this year.
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:45pm (Dec 17th 2010) edited

got loads more yet !!!
      baubles.jpg
      dresser.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:46pm (Dec 17th 2010)

Its a sheer fabric that's sold in the local garden centre with the christmas decorations. Its a bit unusual and I've gone off tinsel for now! CC will recognise the pressie ....!
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:48pm (Dec 17th 2010) edited

another wall has.....
      sleigh wall.jpg
      reindeer.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:50pm (Dec 17th 2010) edited

It is hard to get good pictures of my tree as it is fibre optic so you can not see the lights very well
      tree2.jpg
      tree22.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:51pm (Dec 17th 2010)

I love that reindeer!
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:52pm (Dec 17th 2010)

redressed my sweet little fairy this year she is the same age as me and seems to be in better shape ha ha
      Fairy.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2010 9:56pm (Dec 17th 2010) edited

I am glad you are feeling a bit better Julie. Come on post a picture of your tree large or small we love them all.
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2010 9:21am (Dec 18th 2010)

Lovely and Christmasy NN :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2010 7:13pm (Dec 18th 2010)

Beautiful, Kate and NN!
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2010 9:31am (Dec 19th 2010)

Really lovely decs and tree NN just beatiful especially the PUPRPLE/MAUVE frock on the fairy!!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2010 3:43pm (Dec 19th 2010)

Can't beat a purple frock on a fairy, I always say...
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2010 6:18pm (Dec 19th 2010)

Your decorations are beautiful, NN. Mine look the same every year. (I'm at that age when I don't like "change" anymore. :face-smile: )
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2010 6:57pm (Dec 19th 2010)

Thank you all for your kind comments and am gl;ad you like the colour of my fairys dress.

My decorations are usually very similar year to year Lynn. I have decide that all being well I will have a complete rehash of them all. The robin and poinsetta over the fire place is new though.
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2010 9:58pm (Dec 19th 2010)

I would love to have a completely new set of decs but I just can't make a choice - I'm like a kid in a candy shop! Then I look at my old decs and they're pretty 'basic' so go with anything and I do still like them. What I would like is a garland to go down the stairs but I can't find one.
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2010 10:41pm (Dec 19th 2010)

I've got a string of fary lights down my bannister.
    In fact they are there all year and work on a time switch.
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2010 11:46pm (Dec 19th 2010)

That's a lovely idea Ollie. I've put a string of big silver balls there for now. Bought them for the tree but they didn't look right.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2010 10:31am (Dec 20th 2010)

My daughter has a rope light down hers but tucked into the side of each tread. Lights up enough for safer night navigation.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2010 3:01pm (Dec 20th 2010)

This is the only time of year when I have a viable excuse for all my fairy lights...and Eric stops muttering darkly about the leccy bill. But not for long...
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2010 3:30pm (Dec 20th 2010) edited

I have Christmas pics to post... :face-smile:

Here is one of my mum's fake tree (blurred, sorry!) and the real one - now the downstairs room is almost finished we can have a real tree again because it won't affect her allergies so bad! She was up until 3am decorating it (major perfectionist *roll eyes*), so it's only half done here...
      tree3.jpg
      tree32.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2010 3:31pm (Dec 20th 2010) edited

And Lyle opening his Christmas pressies!! We're having Christmas today :bigsmile: :crazy:

Lookit how happy he is, awww...
      xmas1.jpg
      xmas3.jpg
      xmas5.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2010 7:01pm (Dec 20th 2010)

Lovely trees Red they look professionaly done. Happy Christmas for today as well.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2010 7:28pm (Dec 20th 2010)

Oi! How come you're getting Christmas early???
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2010 3:02am (Dec 21st 2010) edited

What is Lyles pressie? its a Pokemon something???
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2010 7:09am (Dec 21st 2010)

I love that great big pink Star on the top Red looks really good :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2010 10:53am (Dec 21st 2010)

Thanks NN!

Posted By: chief chickenOi! How come you're getting Christmas early???

I get three Christmasses!! One yesterday, real Christmas, then one at Lyle's!!

Posted By: Trevs MumReally nice trees Red (and Helen) ...um I cant tell which is which they both look real to me!!!!!

What is Lyles pressie? its a Pokemon something???

The first one is the real one ;)

It's Pokemon Guess Who!!!!!! Can't believe I found it, it's brilliant :bigsmile:
    Cheers Lee :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2010 12:52pm (Dec 21st 2010)

That's a great present! You are very thoughtful to have found that.
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2010 9:19pm (Dec 21st 2010)

penguin clip
      pengi clip.gif
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2010 8:28am (Dec 22nd 2010)

:rolling:
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2010 10:37am (Dec 22nd 2010) edited

Red I love Guess Who? I am on my way!!!!!

NN the are penguins very funny.

Ok here is my ridiculously tiny fibre optic tree, but I promise next year I will have the works. I am well on the way to kicking this virus at last!

The big pressie on top left is Trevor and Anna's engagement gift but he doesnt know and we are giving it to him Christmas day as he will have Anna with us via Skype and she can see him open it when family are all together.

Minitature tree somewhere
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2010 7:07pm (Dec 22nd 2010)

Thats a dear little tree Julie, and looks so cute sitting there guarding the presents. I am glad you are feeling a lot better now.

That looks like a super engagement gift you will have to get a photo of him opening it with Anna watching.

Glad the penguins cheered you up a little bit they make me smile.
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2010 8:14pm (Dec 22nd 2010)

Posted By: nanny northThat looks like a super engagement gift

Is it a house?? :tooth:
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2010 8:59pm (Dec 22nd 2010)

Its a toaster!!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2010 7:20pm (Dec 23rd 2010)

could be a breadmaker !!!
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2010 8:59pm (Dec 23rd 2010)

Its a set of egg cups wrapped up in a REALLY big box!
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2010 9:21pm (Dec 23rd 2010)

Ha ha I like it.
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2010 2:00am (Dec 24th 2010)

I like all your guesses!!:face-smile:
    I will tell you!! Trev has been told not to look here till after Christmas.
    It is a really super wok with a nice long handle and a short one on the other side for ease of lifting, along with a straining basket, some nice wooden stir fry stirrers and a packet of chop sticks. Appropriate I think as Trevor doesn't have a wok and what would Annna say coming to a home without a wok!!!!

CC funny you should say a house because in the other large box under the engagement gift Brian packed loads of newspapers and then wrapped a house brick. I stuck a sign on it saying 'We wanted to give you a house but every large project starts with one step"!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2010 6:15am (Dec 24th 2010) edited

Yay... it's Christmas Eve it's Christmas Eve it's Christmas Eve.
    Brian and I are going to have a drink now :drinkparty: then start nibbling Danish bits and pieces thru the evening and watch the carols on tele at 8.30pm. It's our tradition each year then we get together with family for Christmas day.
    Merry Christmas everyone and have a really happy celebration.:cheer::biggrin::swingin:
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2010 7:26am (Dec 24th 2010)

Merry Christmas to you Julie and have a great time xx :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2010 4:23pm (Dec 24th 2010)

:snow:May I wish all my friends on Hencam a wonderful Christmas and may Santa bring all the things you are longing for.:snow:
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2010 7:36pm (Dec 24th 2010)

Hear hear, Ollie; a merry, happy and peaceful Christmas, everyone! :drinkparty:
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2010 7:55pm (Dec 24th 2010)

Wishing a joyful Christmas to everyone.
      LW_MCHencam-10.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2010 9:52pm (Dec 24th 2010)

Have a great Christmas everybody :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 24th, 2010 10:27pm (Dec 24th 2010)

And likewise from us. Mery Christmas to everyone!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 25th, 2010 8:13pm (Dec 25th 2010)

Merry Christmas to every one. I hope you all had a super day with lots of good things, nice food and loving company.
    • CommentTimeDec 25th, 2010 8:50pm (Dec 25th 2010) edited

We got Aurelia a chalk board as one of her gifts. She loved it and rushed off to get this peak hat thingie to put on before she used it !!! It made us all laugh but she didn't care. We did her gifts in about four stages as she had so many.
      EASEL.jpg
      PEAK.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 25th, 2010 10:38pm (Dec 25th 2010)

We got Caitlyn a camera and she loved it! She's taken some lovely pictures already. Mic (eldest son) bought her a toy story night light/torch which I think is her favourite. I had to keep sitting in the downstairs loo with her with the door closed so that she could use it!

And I forgot how noisy hungry hippos is! Caitlyn loved it and was very concerned that each hippo had something to 'eat'! This has been the best Christmas in years!
    • CommentTimeDec 25th, 2010 11:35pm (Dec 25th 2010) edited

Here's Shaun - the littlest santa!
      IMG_0194.2.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 26th, 2010 2:59am (Dec 26th 2010)

ah I love the pics and have to say that having littlies around really does make it a lovey Christmas. Isabelle has just turned 8 and still into all the Santa thing so we hope she will stay 'niave' a little longer. She loved her gifts but as is the way of things loved the giant plastic...um.. it looks like a big bicylce pump but it shoots water out the end. It was 27C here yesterday just perfect and by the end of the week it will be 39C so we are all planning lots of cool refreshing food and drink for the weekend. We have another family birthday, our son Shane (Isabelle's dad) so the partying continues.