• CommentTimeJan 21st, 2011 1:56pm (Jan 21st 2011) edited

We picked up Bam today, a day early! He's Lyle's new pet mouse, (both of ours really) it's just that Lyle chose the mouse and the name, and he's never had a mouse before :face-smile:

He's only a young boy. About 6 - 8 weeks old, absolutely adorable, the photo's don't show how cute he is. He is a real cool grey-brown colour with a white band around his body and a gorgeous white 'bolt' on his face.

We bought extra furnishings for his cage on the way home and set it all up for him. Exploring his bridge:
      bam1.jpg
      bam2.jpg
      bam3.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2011 1:57pm (Jan 21st 2011) edited

And exploring the rest of his cage....can't handle him for 24 hours now :001_rolleyes:

I was a bit worried the cage wasn't big enough so I checked on The Fun Mouse forum cage calculator and it's big enough for 2.6 mice, so I'm happy with that. And he'll obviously get lots of handling so he doesn't get lonely...shame he can't play with Pearl C:
      bam4.jpg
      bam5.jpg
      bam6.jpg
      bam7.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2011 6:43pm (Jan 21st 2011)

Another 1.6 mice and you'll be away then...
    He's lovely; Pearl will fall in love instantly!
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2011 8:17pm (Jan 21st 2011)

He is lovely! I love his big ears and white Adam Ant style streak! Why can't you handle him for 24 hours?
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2011 8:56pm (Jan 21st 2011)

Posted By: chief chickenAnother 1.6 mice and you'll be away then...
    He's lovely; Pearl will fall in love instantly!

No, he has to live on his own because male mice don't always get along :face-sad: I wish Pearl would fall in love with him, would be nice for them to be able to play...sadly they'd just try and kill each other if they ever met!!

Kate, I had to look up who Adam Ant was!! He has to settle in to his new house, as of 1pm tomorrow he will have been left alone for 24 hours and we can begin socialising him :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2011 8:59pm (Jan 21st 2011)

He seems like a really lovely little mouse. Very active, and confident around noises. He'd obviously never had a wheel before, he didn't have a clue what it was or how to use one! He's got the hang of it now, but still hasn't realised he's supposed to run in it he just walks :laugh:
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2011 7:30am (Jan 22nd 2011)

Awww..what a cute little guy, Red. He's darling!
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2011 9:21am (Jan 22nd 2011)

What a dear little chap he is, nice markings and such a colourful home for him too, love the semi detached west wing for him to burrow into. Hope he settles in nicely.
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2011 4:34pm (Jan 22nd 2011)

You've never heard of Adam Ant?! Now I do feel old! He has had a very turbulent life.

Does Bam let you pick him up?
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2011 8:09pm (Jan 22nd 2011) edited

He is beautiful, and a very sweet little guy too.

Kate, name might ring a bell but didn't know who he was. And no, we're having to start right from the beginning on hand taming him...first session in the bath tub tonight!

Also the stupid water bottle that came with the cage leaks constantly so we had to clean out half his shavings. I knew there was a reason I didn't like bottles!! We swapped to a dish and sawed the end of the bottle of so there isn't a huge gaping hole left in the top of the cage! Not sure if you can see in the first pic, but the end of the water bottle slotted into the cage roof...easy to fill the water bottle but not so good if you don't want to use it anymore!! We bought him another toy to climb too, which he has been enjoying.

So we had his first taming session in the bath tub tonight. His confidence grew as he was in there and we left it with him sniffing, stepping on our hands and allowing us to stroke his back as he moved. Good for the first night :smile:

Ah, and to show his wheel skills are coming on, one of him in his wheel!
      day2..jpg
      day21.jpg
      day22.jpg
      day23.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2011 8:13pm (Jan 22nd 2011) edited

And in the bath; a bit nervous to begin with but he soon started enjoying himself! Lyle wasn't too happy as he'd just cleaned out the bath ;)
      day2.jpg
      day25.jpg
      day24.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2011 11:55pm (Jan 22nd 2011)

Well you wouldn't put your newest baby in a dirty bath, would you?
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd, 2011 12:10am (Jan 23rd 2011)

I agree Ollie! He has a lovely sheen on his fur!
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd, 2011 5:10pm (Jan 23rd 2011)

Just cleaned him out and had him in the bath. Massive improvement! Was running about more in the open today, and let me hold him too :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd, 2011 6:23pm (Jan 23rd 2011)

He is Great red nice one.
    • CommentTimeJan 24th, 2011 7:06am (Jan 24th 2011)

But mices arent dirty they only get smelly if we hoomins dont clean their cage, right Red?
    What a little sweety, love him peeking out from the fold in the towel.
    • CommentTimeJan 24th, 2011 1:55pm (Jan 24th 2011) edited

Thanks Lee :face-smile:

TM, male mice are a lot smellier than female mice, partly because they scent their territory, and also partly because they do just smell more!! He'll scent more the first week he's here so his smell should calm down a little, but he'll probs always need cleaning out twice a week.

We got him out for the third time today, and that's it, he's hand tame! I forgot how much I loved mice, they're so intelligent :smile:

Photos of him today, and his new toy - it was a fish ornament from a pound shop, great for climbing!!
      tame1.jpg
      tame2.jpg
      tame3.jpg
      tame4.jpg
      tame5.jpg
      tame6.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2011 7:13pm (Jan 25th 2011) edited

Awwww he is sooo cute! Love having an animal that actually wants to be handled...Pearl tolerates it, but would rather be on her wheel, whereas Bam loves it!

Me handling him today...I even got a little mousey kiss!! :face-smile:
      today7.jpg
      today8.jpg
      today9..jpg
      today10.jpg
      today11.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2011 8:46pm (Jan 25th 2011)

I think that's the nice thing about rats too Red, they actually like human interaction. He is very cute!
    • CommentTimeJan 25th, 2011 10:43pm (Jan 25th 2011)

I didnt reralise that about mice or rats really, I knew they were friendly but it's lovely that they seek out your attention. So nice to be able to handle them.
    • CommentTimeJan 26th, 2011 5:09pm (Jan 26th 2011) edited

It's one of the reasons why they don't suit small kids really...hamsters are good because they can be tamed and handled but they don't need it, whereas mice and rats should be handled at least once a day, so require commitment to handle them often. Having said that I got my first mice when I was about 9 but they were handled all the time...

Another thing I love is how much they enjoy toys and things in their cage. Hamsters really don't care so long as they have a wheel; I haven't seen Pearl climbing her toys once. After I clean Bam out or add another toy he explores for about an hour before returning to his bed!
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2011 5:49pm (Jan 27th 2011)

He is lovely Red and like Kate said rats and mice do interact with humans really well i miss that with the Rats i used to have :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2011 3:20pm (Jan 28th 2011)

Thanks Lee!! I really love rats too, but the last pair put me off...definitely get some more in the future though, just from a breeder or GOOD pet shop!
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2011 12:41am (Jan 31st 2011) edited

Couldn't resist some more snaps of our little Bam-man playing on the couch tonight!! :laugh:

The tube is just a couple of toilet roll tubes glued together (with pet safe glue!) with the plastic from ear buds (cotton removed) poked through so he has to climb up! He loved it :smile:
      endjan8.jpg
      endjan9.jpg
      endjan10.jpg
      endjan11.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2011 5:02am (Jan 31st 2011)

oh man Bam is cute, and adventurous.
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2011 7:13am (Jan 31st 2011)

Red, Bam is just too cute. I love the last pic of him looking out of the tube.
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2011 7:49am (Jan 31st 2011)

Lovely Red he is very cute to. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2011 5:24pm (Jan 31st 2011)

He is gorgeous. we've started having play times on the couch and he loves being able to race around and climb all over you :face-smile:

Have some friends coming round tomorrow to see him and have a hold!
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2011 9:46pm (Jan 31st 2011)

I love how inventive you are with toys and habitats Red. Its a real skill you know! They get bored of bought ones - so much cheaper to make your own too!
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2011 11:28pm (Jan 31st 2011) edited

Thanks very much Kate!! I just enjoy trying new things because he loves exploring his toys. I usually put about four or five toys in their cage each week (Bam's and Pearl's) and then swap them with a new set...rotate the same ones in every few weeks or so :smile:

Here are some I made tonight from coffee stirrer things (they took aaaaages!) and a few cardboard ones I made a while ago.
      lazy1.jpg
      lazy2.jpg
      lazy3.jpg
      lazy4.jpg
      lazy5.jpg
      lazy6.jpg
      lazy8.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2011 11:33pm (Jan 31st 2011) edited

And Bam's cage at clean-out time!
      lazy9.jpg
      lazy10.jpg
      lazy11.jpg
      lazy12.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2011 4:11pm (Feb 1st 2011)

you see Red all those hours of watching Blue Peter has finally paid off you are a genius!!!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2011 10:01pm (Feb 1st 2011)

Hahaha, not quite Lee but thank you!!! :bigsmile: Never did like Blue Peter, but Art Attack and Smart were awesome ;)
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2011 11:19pm (Feb 1st 2011)

Yes, Blue Peter always expected you to have all the 'proper' stuff like sticky backed plastic, whereas Art Attack used stuff everyone had got like sellotape and toilet roll inners!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2011 10:22pm (Feb 2nd 2011)

I just never liked the people on Blue Peter...or anything at all about it really. My older cousin used to watch and I used to have to leave the room and do something else because I couldn't stand it.
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2011 7:35am (Feb 3rd 2011)

I thought it was pretty rubbish to Red.
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2011 12:44pm (Feb 3rd 2011)

In my day you were either Blue Peter or Magpie. I preferred Magpie (because Mick Robertson had hair like mine and made curly hair a bit more cool!) although I have got a silver BP badge. I won it in a fight off Alan Forbes. :devil:
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2011 3:59pm (Feb 3rd 2011)

Magpie now that was good as a young man i used to like the lady Jenny Hanley I think her name was very nice!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2011 7:42pm (Feb 3rd 2011) edited

Magpie?! :o

We have started having good long play times with Bam on the couch, where he just runs around and enjoys himself, and me and Lyle just sit and read or go on our laptops, and he can pootle up to us whenever he wants!

Love the last one :heart:
      earlyfeb2.jpg
      earlyfeb6.jpg
      earlyfeb9.jpg
      earlyfeb8.jpg
      earlyfeb7.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2011 8:38pm (Feb 3rd 2011)

Ooo, scary red eyes!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2011 9:21pm (Feb 3rd 2011)

How lovley that he has that free range time with you! He is an extremely handsome boy.
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2011 11:01pm (Feb 3rd 2011)

Yeah, he has awesome red eyes CC :bigsmile:

Thanks Kate! It's really easy to have him out that way as we can do other things and there's no way he can get into trouble or escape.
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th, 2011 6:00pm (Feb 15th 2011) edited

Bam has started waiting at his cage door when we get him out, and when we put him back he rushes to the door and stands there in the hope that we'll get him out again!! :heart:
      bam1.jpg
      bam2.jpg
      bam3.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th, 2011 6:03pm (Feb 15th 2011) edited

And his cage just so it's in here!
      cagedone3.2.jpg
      cagedone2.2.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th, 2011 7:02pm (Feb 15th 2011)

Bam sure has a fancy home, Red. I'm glad he is such a clever, loving little guy. I wish I could have one, but my Donald would freak out.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:31pm (Feb 17th 2011)

That's a shame Lynn, mice do make awesome pets. I always call Bam my mini-dog because he does remind me a lot of a dog...just a lot smaller!! :laugh:
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:50pm (Feb 17th 2011)

Oh he is a dear little mouse how lovely he is so tame and enjoys being out with you both. He has an awesome new home in so many ways.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 8:51pm (Feb 17th 2011) edited

He is perfect, I love him to bits!

He's adorably affectionate, so curious he loves to explore, intelligent...and a great big aw!
      newcam4.jpg
      newcam5.jpg
      newcam6.jpg
      newcam7.jpg
      newcam8.jpg
      newcam9.jpg
      newcam11.jpg
      newcam12.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 9:49pm (Feb 17th 2011)

Posted By: RedThat's a shame Lynn, mice do make awesome pets. I always call Bam my mini-dog because he does remind me a lot of a dog...just a lot smaller!!

I always say that about rats too, they are most similar to a dog - loyal, intelligent, loving and sociable.

Bam is a really gorgeous little thing. Its a shame mice and rats can't live together!
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2011 6:18pm (Feb 18th 2011)

It's a shame they don't have longer life spans! It's definitely the worst thing about them...that and Bam's smell I guess ;)
      pn11.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2011 11:02pm (Feb 18th 2011)

That's boys for you - of all species!!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2011 10:43pm (Feb 23rd 2011) edited

Lyle's Xbox recently came back from repair in a big cardboard box, so we've been storing all Bam's toys in there. Today we decided to make it into a playground for him to play in and the little guy loved it! :face-smile:

He is sooo cute!
      partytime7.jpg
      partytime9.jpg
      partytime8.jpg
      partytime10.jpg
      partytime11.jpg
      partytime12.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2011 4:59pm (Feb 24th 2011) edited

What a pretty little boy he is. I love the last picture just look at those cute little hands and feet.
    How is Pearl doing? we haven't heard about her for a couple of days. My Bill and Ben woke up yesterday I must get a couple of pics of them for you to see. They were eating for England after their long rest !!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2011 8:26pm (Feb 24th 2011)

He is gorgeous and sometimes he looks so darn cute in photos...still not as cute as real life though. Cleaning him out whilst Joe is here so Joe gets to handle and play with him :face-smile:

Pearl is still at Lyle's with Boggley so we've not seen her since then.
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th, 2011 8:42pm (Feb 24th 2011)

I love that last picture too. He is just the cutest little thing I've seen in a long time!
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2011 12:21pm (Feb 25th 2011)

What a lovely idea Red. Joe will really enjoy playing with Bam. I thought it was unusual of you not to mention Pearl, I didn't realise she was still on holiday with Lyles parents. Poor Boggle I had totally forgotten all about him. Sorry Boggle!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2011 9:13pm (Feb 25th 2011)

Bam behaved impeccably at play out time which is always nice with Joe to get him used to tame rodents. Bam and Pearl are his favourites haha :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th, 2011 9:38pm (Feb 25th 2011)

Oh he is a good little mouse and so trusting. It is so nice that Joe gets used to animals and by handling them it is the best way.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2011 12:37pm (Feb 28th 2011)

Well Joe has gerbils but he never handled them much so, whenever he tried as he got older, they nibbled through curiosity and Joe was scared because they had 'bitten' him. He's still wary when handling Pearl or Bam but he'll come around eventually :smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2011 12:39pm (Feb 28th 2011)

Bam's new tubes arrived before the weekend, so he now has a much easier gradient to climb :face-smile:
      panic.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2011 8:12pm (Feb 28th 2011)

Life has just become a whole lot easier for Bam the Mouse !!!!!!!!! that is so cool Red!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th, 2011 9:18pm (Feb 28th 2011)

He will be belting up and down now Bless him. It's a nice little set up for him.
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2011 1:10am (Mar 1st 2011) edited

Clean out time tonight, he's loving the new cage design! He has the massive chunk of wood that Joe gave us in the bottom cage now, which he loves to climb and chew. Food, water and his bed are also down there, and his wheel is upstairs.

He'd obviously missed us the night we spent away at Joe's, he ran to the cage door the night we were back and seemed to enjoy me grooming him whilst he lounged about :smile:
      better7.jpg
      better8.jpg
      better9.jpg
      better10.jpg
      better11.jpg
      better12.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 1st, 2011 7:39pm (Mar 1st 2011)

the last picture would have been a good one for the caption page Red it looks like Bam is say "eh, what, I heard that!!!"
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2011 5:49pm (Mar 2nd 2011)

Haha bless him! Think he was a bit miffed I caught him mid-scratch, it's not exactly a flattering look is it :tooth:
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2011 7:45pm (Mar 2nd 2011)

Good timing I should say, he reminds me of one of those deaf old men they always say "eh what !!!!" and half the time they have heard what you said the first time. Grandad North does that to me and it drives me nuts ha ha.:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2011 7:50pm (Mar 2nd 2011)

So does LSE. I automatically say everything twice like Fred Elliot, I say like Ftred Elliot...
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2011 7:57pm (Mar 2nd 2011)

Some times I ignore him and he answers anyhow. I think it is mainly a habit he has gottten into. I am always saying are you listening to me or did you hear what I said? As I said before it does my nut in sometimes.
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd, 2011 10:51pm (Mar 2nd 2011)

I will answer my hubby and then he will say "don't bother answering me then" and deny I said anything. Last night he accused the lads of leaving hair from where they've shaved in our sink. Mic hasn't shaved for a few days, and Danny shaved in Mic's room with the electric shaver. The only one who uses our sink is ... hubby! (Don't know why he moans - he doesn't clean it, I do!)
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 8:59pm (Mar 4th 2011)

Sounds similar to our house Kate.
    • CommentTimeMar 5th, 2011 10:01pm (Mar 5th 2011)

I had to laugh today - my hubby and son did the "pardon?" and answer thing. Hubby said "why did you say pardon when you obviously heard me". They didn't realise I was laughing at them!
    • CommentTimeMar 6th, 2011 9:46pm (Mar 6th 2011)

Ha ha you have to laugh else you would cry
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2011 8:03pm (Mar 14th 2011) edited

For the past two days we've been slightly concerned as, when we get Bam out, his whole body 'judders'...sort of like a spasm every other second or so. It starts to happen just after we get him out, he doesn't do it in his cage, and it doesn't happen continuously. He acts normally when this is happening though.

So, we asked some more experienced mice owners about it before we took him to the vets...and it turns out it's part of bruxing!

Now I've had mice and rats before, but when rats brux you can clearly hear and see their jaws move, and none of my other mice have behaved like this. Apparently it's when they're overjoyed, their whole body judders and they 'pop' in happiness.
    Awwww :face-smile:
      brux1.jpg
      brux2.jpg
      brux3.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2011 8:49pm (Mar 14th 2011)

Maybe he can tell that Pearl is around somewhere. It's Spring ya know.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMar 14th, 2011 10:44pm (Mar 14th 2011)

I thought it might be something like that - when female rats are in season they vibrate their ears so maybe that's something similar (not that I'm casting doubt on his gender or anything!!!)
    • CommentTimeMar 15th, 2011 7:15pm (Mar 15th 2011) edited

Hmm I hadn't thought of that!! Although I showed them a video and they seemed quite sure it was happy 'popping'...and hey, Pearl and Bam are supposed to be sworn enemies!!

I already posted this pic in the other thread, but here's Bam's play pen and a pic of him from time out last night on his see saw!
      imp1.jpg
      imp22.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 15th, 2011 10:37pm (Mar 15th 2011)

Ooo, it's like Blue Peter!
    • CommentTimeMar 16th, 2011 3:37pm (Mar 16th 2011) edited

Ha! Little pain didn't even spend more than five minutes in it...he was far too excited with the idea of climbing through my clothes and my sleeves *sigh*

He did have a quick whizz around though, and I guess he'll explore more when we're cleaning him out and he doesn't have anyone else to play with...spoilt brat that he is! :tooth:
      imp11.jpg
      imp12.jpg
      imp15.jpg
      imp17.jpg
      imp14.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 16th, 2011 6:14pm (Mar 16th 2011)

Red, that play pen must have taken hours to make and you did such a great job on it. It looks so cool. Bam is so lucky to have you and Lyle to take care of him.
    • CommentTimeMar 17th, 2011 6:00pm (Mar 17th 2011) edited

Thanks Lynn! I hope he's a very happy mouse, we love him so much. We left him on the couch last night with the play pen whilst I cleaned out his cage. He explored every single bit of it, but as soon as I'd done and sat down next to him he came rushing over, ran up my sleeves and didn't step foot on it again! :)
      imp27.jpg
      imp29.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 17th, 2011 8:20pm (Mar 17th 2011)

You have been busy Red and thought out the play boxes a treat. Now what you need is a pair of these as you can let Bam and pearl use them when you are not wearing them !!!
      article-1367221-0B37A36100000578-7_634x342.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 18th, 2011 9:44pm (Mar 18th 2011)

Haha they look brill! I never wear high shoes though, I bet Lyle could walk better in 'em than I could :laugh:
    • CommentTimeMar 19th, 2011 4:46pm (Mar 19th 2011)

Oh yes i must get a pair of these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :intello:
    • CommentTimeMar 19th, 2011 10:48pm (Mar 19th 2011)

• CommentTimeMar 20th, 2011 10:42am (Mar 20th 2011) edited

Perfect Red I can go to the royal wedding now!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2011 4:43pm (Mar 20th 2011) edited

Glad that's sorted Lee!!

Some of Bam's 'rabbit caught in the headlights' shots! And one where you can see his gorgeous banded pattern.
      deal18.jpg
      deal20.jpg
      deal17.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2011 5:54pm (Mar 20th 2011)

Posted By: RedLyle has a pink glittery feather boa you could borrow when you wear them, Lee!! ;)

:gasp:
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2011 6:55pm (Mar 20th 2011)

Bam is so special. He looks so gentle and sweet in the 2nd picture.
    • CommentTimeMar 20th, 2011 7:58pm (Mar 20th 2011)

CC, you wouldn't believe some of the things Lyle has... ;)

Kate, you are indeed right, he's a very special little guy. So special I was up at 2am last night, sat on the couch with him because I'd forgotten to get him out before we went to bed!!
    :tooth:
    • CommentTimeMar 21st, 2011 4:46am (Mar 21st 2011)

ooohhh dress ups I love them, I used to have a whole wardrobe of assorted bits but had to get rid of lots and make room for Brian and Thomas the cat:cheer:.
    • CommentTimeMar 28th, 2011 4:41pm (Mar 28th 2011) edited

Cleaned Bam out today so Kasper was introduced to Bam. Got a few quick pics of him looking round his clean cage :)
      kong7.jpg
      kong8.jpg
      kong9.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 28th, 2011 9:09pm (Mar 28th 2011)

He sure is checking every thing over and making sure all is in the right place Bless him.
    • CommentTimeMar 28th, 2011 10:23pm (Mar 28th 2011)

Ooo, I'd be scared to intro a dog to a mouse! You are very brave but it'll ultimately mean a peaceful and happy household.

I saw a van this morning going in the opposite direction and all it said on the side was Bam. Has he got his own company already?!!!!
    • CommentTimeMar 29th, 2011 10:26am (Mar 29th 2011)

Haha, well you know how popular he is with everyone!! :tooth:

Kate, I think I'd have been more scared if it was a different type of dog...but Kasper is so gentle and submissive I couldn't imagine there being any problems. We didn't make a big thing of it either and kept telling him 'gently', and it went well...had to make him leave the room when Bam was in his ball though because Kasper tried to play football with it!!

Bam didn't seem at all scared either. He was quite happy pootling about and leaving little 'presents' on Lyle's arm hahahaha
    • CommentTimeMar 29th, 2011 8:48pm (Mar 29th 2011)

That is so fabulous! YOu have wonderful harmony in your home - you should train as an animal psychologist or behaviourist or something.
    • CommentTimeMar 29th, 2011 10:27pm (Mar 29th 2011) edited

Posted By: KatebOoo, I'd be scared to intro a dog to a mouse!

This little guy is not scared of the dog
      41590_7059108723_4789249_n.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 30th, 2011 9:44am (Mar 30th 2011)

Yeah that was Bam lee, ha ha!

Thanks Kate :bigsmile: I bet to be an animal behaviourist though you would need science-y qualifications, and I'm no good at science...I passed GCSE with a grade C and then left it at that!
    • CommentTimeMar 30th, 2011 5:11pm (Mar 30th 2011)

Ooo, that's Mary, Mungo and Midge, isn't it - the pic, I mean?
    • CommentTimeMar 30th, 2011 9:51pm (Mar 30th 2011)

Yes CC it is. It was my favourite programme when I was a child. I loved the way they walked and how the mouse would press the lift button.

Wouldn't animal behaviourists be a psycho-watsit course? I think it would be very interesting!
    • CommentTimeMar 31st, 2011 5:46pm (Mar 31st 2011)

I dunno Kate. I'm reading Cat Counsellor at the moment, makes an interesting read...although the author keeps recommending her other books throughout which is quite tedious, heh :P