• CommentTimeMar 31st, 2011 9:11pm (Mar 31st 2011)

If you come across any good tips please do share them with me Red, I might find them useful on a Saturday morning!
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2011 10:57am (Apr 4th 2011)

I found quite a lot of it interesting, but I think that's cos I knew next to nothing about cats and their behaviour, seeing as I'm not a cat person. By the end of it though I wasn't half sick of her mentioning her previous books!!

One of the things I thought was amazing was how strongly cats are affected by 'their' humans emotions, and how if the owner was feeling anxious about something it reinforced the cat's idea that there was reason to be afraid of it, and made the cat more anxious and behave worse...don't know if I explained that very well :)
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2011 4:42pm (Apr 4th 2011)

You explained it brilliantly, Red. Tuppence has been very upset and unsettled and not eating since Bits died, but since I pulled myself together she's eating.
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2011 9:48pm (Apr 4th 2011)

Yes, cats are very sensitive to their human's emotions. I think that's why a lot of them have problems in the rehoming centres because they don't have a 'constant' around for that reassurance.

Glad to hear Tuppence is picking up a little bit CC, and that you are feeling better too. :heart:
    • CommentTimeApr 4th, 2011 10:28pm (Apr 4th 2011)

Thanks CC, and I'm glad to hear you and Tuppence are doing a bit better :)
    • CommentTimeApr 5th, 2011 1:50am (Apr 5th 2011)

So glad to hear you all are doing well CC. It takes a while to settle back down after something so sad.xx
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2011 9:21am (Apr 7th 2011)

Glad you and Tuppence are eating again CC, look after yourselves, you need a little treat.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2011 5:37pm (Apr 7th 2011)

I always WAS eating,(try stopping me!) it was Tuppence who stopped. But as soon as I felt better she started to eat again.
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 4:13am (Apr 8th 2011)

Our pets certainly do pick up on our vibes don't they?
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 10:45pm (Apr 8th 2011) edited

Posted By: Trevs MumOur pets certainly do pick up on our vibes don't they?

Totally.

It was Stinky's clean out today! He had only been using his top cage again (miserable bugger!) so it really stank after a few days...he seemed very happy with himself and loved all the fuss :P
      collar7.jpg
      collar8.jpg
      collar9.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2011 6:14pm (Apr 10th 2011) edited

Today we Bam a mousie mountain on our bed...he loved it! :laugh: Although we've had to wash all the sheets now, haha, but he had fun.

Had a hard time getting him out at the end, and of course Kasper wanted to help...!
      good2.jpg
      good3.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2011 6:24pm (Apr 14th 2011)

That Bam is just so cute Red i love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2011 10:24am (Apr 15th 2011)

He is lovely :) Just a shame he is so smelly too :tooth:

He did that thing where he refused to go in the bottom cage again for about a week. Whenever he does it he always scents like crazy, so I assume it's because he gets his old smell (in the bottom cage) confused and thinks it's a different mouse. We always have to physically put him in the bottom cage so the little dope can see that it's HIS cage!
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2011 1:17pm (Apr 30th 2011) edited

Ahh I got the CUTEST pics of Bam ever!! :heartsabove:

And we made a castle tower for him too :D
      apple29.jpg
      apple30.jpg
      apple24.jpg
      apple31.jpg
      apple32.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2011 8:35pm (Apr 30th 2011)

ha ha too cute for words, peeping out over his wheel, I just want to tickle his wickle tummy. Seeing him on your sleeve he is bigger than you realise.
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2011 8:39pm (Apr 30th 2011) edited

I know :rofl: He is the sweetest mouselet ever :)
    • CommentTimeApr 30th, 2011 9:54pm (Apr 30th 2011)

That's fantastic! His lovely round tummy so kissable!
    • CommentTimeMay 1st, 2011 1:23pm (May 1st 2011)

He's such a poser :001_rolleyes:
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2011 8:34pm (May 3rd 2011) edited

I want him he is just so cute red!!!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2011 1:09am (May 4th 2011)

Yes he is.

I was wondering where you had got to Lee, too much Ribald Royal Revelry I was imagining!.
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2011 5:12pm (May 4th 2011)

Haha, I'd deffo recommend getting a male mouse - especially if you lack a sense of smell! :laugh:
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 7:18pm (May 16th 2011) edited

We bought Bam a new cage from our local pet shop today. He's getting on a bit now and we don't want him to have to climb the tubes anymore, plus it'll be nice for him to have a bit more space. His new pad is massive, we've really packed it out with toys and he seems to absolutely love it :smile:

It looks like a mini version of Ron's house! Apparently it's big enough for five mice so he has plenty of room haha :cool:

Here's a video of his first few minute's exploration C:
      cp32.jpg
      cp35.jpg
      cp36.jpg
      cp37.jpg
      cp38.jpg
      cp39.jpg
      cp40.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 9:54pm (May 16th 2011)

It's fabulous Red! Do mice like shelves? I never bought from this site because by the time I found it my girls were too old, but they fit any type of cage. http://www.shelfridges.co.uk
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 10:50pm (May 16th 2011) edited

Thank you! That's a cool site Kate, I'll have to bookmark it for future use :)

Bam would use a shelf, but mice don't 'live' on them...that is, they will eat on them, climb on them, but the majority of their time in spent on the floor. It's why the mouse cage calculator doesn't take tube or shelving space into account, just the floor of the tank.

We were going to get the shelf with the cage, then decided that it wouldn't fit in there anyway (what with all the clutter :P ) and would just take up space in our flat, so opted against it in the end.

I'm happy that he has lots of bars now. He used to enjoy climbing the bars in his other cage but because there weren't that many he could only go up and down!
    • CommentTimeMay 17th, 2011 3:44pm (May 17th 2011)

Mouse Mansion!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 12:00am (May 18th 2011)

My rats just used to use them to get around the cage, jumping from one to another, whereas the previous pair would sit on them for a long while. I had a huge cage though so it helped with safety too.
    • CommentTimeMay 18th, 2011 9:12pm (May 18th 2011)

He seems to be enjoying it so far...we have to move him into the kitchen at night as the wheel that came with the cage is so noisy.

We were hoping it was going to be quiet, at least for a while...we have seven old wheels now, none of them are quiet, only Pearl's Silent Spinner. The 6.5 inch Silent Spinner costs £10+ but I guess they're worth their money 'cos she's had hers since last summer now.
    • CommentTimeJun 5th, 2011 9:44pm (Jun 5th 2011)

We stuffed a toilet roll tube with tissue paper tonight and hid dog treats in there for Bam. When we were putting it into his cage we alerted Kasper to Bam's presence, so the dog went over and sniffed at the cage, tail wagging. Bam sniffed back then promptly biffed Kasper's nose with both paws several times. It was brilliant! Kasper looked baffled and quite disappointed :tooth:
    • CommentTimeJun 5th, 2011 11:54pm (Jun 5th 2011)

Bam living up to his name!!!!! Shame you didn't get it on film, it would've been worth watching!
    • CommentTimeJun 6th, 2011 11:17pm (Jun 6th 2011)

oh bless him. Lucky he didn't bite his nose. That happened to Charlie (Tims dog) once with a rat and he didn't like them ever again !!
    • CommentTimeJun 15th, 2011 3:34pm (Jun 15th 2011)

Kasper held no grudges! He sat in a corner sulking, then tried again about half an hour later :tooth:
    • CommentTimeJul 29th, 2011 12:30pm (Jul 29th 2011) edited

Photos of the little man!

He's back in his smaller cage for easier packing reasons, so I was careful to really make it fun for him, and he seemed to enjoy himself. If it looks a mess, that is the way mice like it! :smile:

That last photo is one of my favourites of Bam.
      boo3.jpg
      boo4.jpg
      boo5.jpg
      boo6.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 30th, 2011 7:06pm (Jul 30th 2011)

He looks sweet! When is moving day?
    • CommentTimeJul 30th, 2011 9:07pm (Jul 30th 2011) edited

Bam the mouse we have missed you !!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2011 6:35am (Jul 31st 2011)

It's nice to see pictures of Bam again..he's a cutie..your right Red..the last pic is the very best one of him.
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2011 3:25pm (Jul 31st 2011) edited

Thanks all! Kate, about three weeks time. Lee and Lynn, here are some more Bam pics for you then - he's been neglected in the photo department recently hasn't he?! :tooth:
    Bam had a peanut butter treat - yes that's pb not runny poo! :)
      das1.jpg
      das2.jpg
      das4.jpg
      das3.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2011 5:58pm (Jul 31st 2011)

He is just the best Red even though he is a bit stinky now and then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Look at him :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2011 8:39pm (Jul 31st 2011)

AWWWW..he looks so cute eating the peanut butter!!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2011 11:57am (Aug 1st 2011)

He's a darling when he wants to be :) I swear though, sometimes he saves up all his pee until you get him out...
    :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd, 2011 2:16am (Aug 3rd 2011)

Posted By: RedI swear though, sometimes he saves up all his pee until you get him out...

Oh not little Bam..he'd never do anything like that.
    :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2011 7:45pm (Aug 4th 2011)

That's what you think; it's easy to trick people and stop them being angry with you when you're that cute!!
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 12:26pm (Aug 8th 2011)

What a sweety eating up his peanut butter.
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 3:55pm (Aug 8th 2011) edited

More pics of Bammy-boo and the nest he's built...I think Joe's donating his gerbillarium to us when we move, if so we're going to move Bam into the 4 foot aquarium tank...ONCE we've fitted a lid onto it of course! How much will he love that?! :bigsmile:

I love the last three pics ^__^
      last1.jpg
      last2.jpg
      last7.jpg
      last4.jpg
      last5.jpg
      last6.jpg
      last8.jpg
      last9.jpg
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 5:19pm (Aug 8th 2011)

I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 11:15pm (Aug 8th 2011)

He is luvverly...but you're not having him Lee, you have a puppy on the way! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 11:31pm (Aug 8th 2011)

He always looks so soft! I've never seen a mouse with colouring like that round these parts (as in, pet shops near here!)
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 11:36pm (Aug 8th 2011)

Bailey and Wombat were that colour in the litter Martha gave birth to, but it's not as common as dark brown...he is quite silky smooth; I always thought it was because he was just a baby, but he's at least middle aged now!
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2011 1:23pm (Aug 11th 2011) edited

What a widdle sweety he is, I just want to hug him, 'cept there's not much to hug.
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2011 8:02pm (Sep 1st 2011) edited

Hmm, he is quite tricky to hug :P

We bought him this awesome play house the other day (the day we found out he was in a shed and thought we would be able to free him!) - it's made by the same company that made Pearl and Bam's see-saw, and it's really cute! There's a house to hide / sleep in, a see-saw, swing and ladders :smile:

We've also realised, for when we bring him back to ours', we can put him in my old females' mouse cage! It's in my parents' shed, and it's a great sized cage with different platforms and all sorts - he's not too old for climbing just yet!
      11k.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2011 5:58pm (Sep 2nd 2011)

Looks like rodent paradise...!
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2011 6:02pm (Sep 3rd 2011)

Can't wait to give him it tonight - shall post pics of him in his new cage with accessories once he's safely back at ours :smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2011 1:02am (Sep 4th 2011) edited

We have Bam!!! :)

Ah, we have missed him! I couldn't find the flipping cage we were planning to put him in though, even though we had it about four months ago...so we had to buy him another new one! :001_rolleyes:

We made a bin cage from a storage box, and it's really cool. He seems happy enough in there and is still busy exploring it - it's really nice because we can watch him in there on the bookshelf from the couch! It's way bigger than his little cage too, although I want to get some branches or something to fill the height space.

(and yes, my dad and Lyle are idiots :rolling: )
      ba19.jpg
      ba20.jpg
      ba22.jpg
      ba23.jpg
      ba24.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2011 1:14am (Sep 4th 2011) edited

Compared to his old cage...
      ba27.jpg
      ba28.jpg
      ba29.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2011 7:12am (Sep 4th 2011)

Red, that pen for Bam looks like mouse paradise!
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2011 7:38am (Sep 4th 2011)

Hi Ya Bam, its great to see the little fella again Red.
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2011 10:28am (Sep 4th 2011) edited

Thanks both, it is nice to have him back - even if he did tip his water everywhere in the night :001_rolleyes:

Does anybody know how much ventilation is enough? We're going to watch the condensation levels over the next few days to see if we need to add more holes...although I guess there'll be more condensation now that he's spilt his water, although I'll be cleaning that up after the dog walk!

The little dots are all breathing holes, small enough so that Bam can't get his nose and teeth in them! There are 110 in total.
      ba30.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 4th, 2011 11:27pm (Sep 4th 2011) edited

I don't know Red. The thing with a 'real' cage is that it is very open so there's constant air flow, but it looks like there are plenty. The only thing I thought of was are the holes big enough to let air in? The plastic isn't just pushed out a bit is it so that it looks like a hole but in reality its still pretty closed? Can't tell from the pic.

Didn't Bam climb the bars of the cage? I have heard of people keeping rats in vivariums but they really enjoy climbing the bars so it's not really a good habitat for them. I think its usual (in rat vivs) to use a grid or bars as the top. For Bam you could use a cooling rack or oven shelf (if you could find one with narrow enough bars!) and then you'd have the bars to hang things off (another downside to a rat vivarium - nothing to attach the hammocks to!)

Don't mice have little hidey-houses too so that they can be out of the way of prying eyes?!
    • CommentTimeSep 5th, 2011 2:25pm (Sep 5th 2011) edited

Haha, no the holes are definitely all the way through...I know this because I smushed my mouth against the plastic and breathed through them to see how much air they let through!!! :rolling: That and I kept making dints in the carpet... :blush:

I've added a row to the top, on the sides, to try and encourage air to actually pass *through* the RUB, sort of like the barred sections in his old cage.

Aha, I thought of the climbing thing last night too! Although he has plenty to climb in there, I had a stroke of genius (heh, maybe not) and added the barred section from his old cage! So he has that to climb now! He was very interested in it when we first put it in ^__^

We used the mouse cage calculator to work out how many mice it's big enough for: 4.2! I'm happy with that, I think it's roomy enough for our little guy :bigsmile:
      31.jpg
      32.jpg
      33.jpg
      35.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 5th, 2011 2:31pm (Sep 5th 2011) edited

And he has the following hidey holes:

1. The bed he sleeps in
    2. Underneath the wooden seasaw (he hardly ever goes across it, always under!)
    3. His pot (tell me that's not the cutest pic ever :bigsmile: )
    4. wheel
    5. toilet roll tubes, only he shredded his last for bedding :smile:

And cuute Bam pics...I love his massive ears ^__^
    Bam has been acting a little older too...and I think Pearl looks a lot older recently. Ah, all my pets are aging :(
      25.jpg
      34.jpg
      37.jpg
      36.jpg
      27.jpg
      28.jpg
      30.jpg
      38.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 5th, 2011 7:32pm (Sep 5th 2011)

Love the ones of him climbing up the bars Red he is to cute for words :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 5th, 2011 11:28pm (Sep 5th 2011)

Oh that picture of him in the pot IS the cutest ever! I adore Bam, he is such a lovely mouse.

The box is obviously big enough - it must be almost double the size of the old cage - and he has lots of stimulation in it. I think it is a very inventive home for him.

Its sad when you realise how they're ageing isn't it. I was coo-ing over rats in the garden centre today - a black rex and a lovely sandy brown really appealed to me. I must find a way to get Danny a place of his own so's I can have my rat room back!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 6th, 2011 1:22pm (Sep 6th 2011)

What a sweety he is Red, love the climbing frame, I thought my eyesight was going then realised it is the opaque of the plastic sides. he he.
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2011 3:23pm (Sep 7th 2011)

You really should get a mouse, Lee ;) And Kate, have you ever thought about having mice over rats?! :bigsmile:

We worked out how old Bam is the other day: they guessed 8 weeks when we rescued him so he's probably around 10 months old now...that's old for a little mousey! We're very impressed with his new house so far, and I think he feels more secure in there because he's scenting less - great news because it doesn't really smell! I suppose it's more contained so he doesn't have to scent constantly :smile:

More good news, he hasn't even tried to chew his way out yet hahaha! Apparently some mice you just can't keep them in bin cages because they chew there way out in hours. Every toilet roll tube I've put in for him so far has been shredded for bedding though!
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2011 11:21pm (Sep 7th 2011)

I never thought of him chewing his way out! I suppose while he has a better option (the toilet rolls) he won't try it.

No, I haven't thought of having mice. I had some when I was a child (I'd forgotten that - isn't that weird) they were white and I remember how cute they were. Maybe that's why I've never been bothered by them or rats. The thing that puts me off having either is their short life spans. It breaks my heart to see them go so quickly.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2011 10:34pm (Sep 9th 2011) edited

Hopefully not! Knowing him he'd try (and succeed) in finding a way down to the ground and we'd have a right hard time finding him - unless the dog found him first!

Hmm, it is very sad that they don't live long. If you get them from a good breeding background they can live around 18 months, but my first lot were terribly bred, the oldest one lived just over or under a year, I don't remember which...Mice were the one rodent I didn't have as a child :smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd, 2011 5:26pm (Sep 22nd 2011) edited

Some photos of Bam-boo!

(I'm having to rush all my photos up at once before my laptop dies!)
      aok32.jpg
      aok33.jpg
      aok34.jpg
      aok35.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd, 2011 6:34pm (Sep 22nd 2011)

That mouse is so cute red i love him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd, 2011 11:34pm (Sep 22nd 2011)

Me too Red. He's starting to look older now though isn't he - still cute as a button though!
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2011 1:24pm (Sep 27th 2011)

He's a lot fatter now hehe. I think it's from the time with my parents without a wheel...here's when we first got him, he's a lot *ahem* plumper now! :tooth:
      day22.jpg
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2011 7:38pm (Sep 27th 2011)

I can see tiny little rolls on him now..:lol: He's just pleasingly plump, Red...not fat.
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2011 7:44pm (Sep 27th 2011) edited

:rolling: I think he's allowed to be plump at his age, don't you think?! That's my excuse anyway :smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2011 11:44pm (Sep 27th 2011)

Yes, he's allowed to be spoilt now that he's in the twilight years!
    • CommentTimeSep 27th, 2011 11:49pm (Sep 27th 2011)

Yep, he can get as "fluffy" as he wants now.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 28th, 2011 1:59pm (Sep 28th 2011)

Haha, fat not fluffy, love it Lynn!
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2011 8:14pm (Nov 8th 2011) edited

Well, I have been picking the peanuts and sunflower seeds out of Bam's food and he seems to have lost a bit of weight, I think!

I had him out for ages last night (shook a fair few mouse 'presents' out of my sleeve after our play session - eww!) but it was impossible to get any good photos - he's very sprightly for his age haha!

What do you think, he looks a little slimmer right?!
      move10.jpg
      move11.jpg
      move12.jpg
      move13.jpg
      move14.jpg
      move15.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2011 8:20pm (Nov 8th 2011)

Actually I'm not sure if he does looking back at the photos...ah well :rolling:
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2011 9:55pm (Nov 8th 2011)

I think he does! That third photo is so lovely! Along with the last one he is looking more like a little old man. But a sprightly one at that!
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2011 10:31pm (Nov 8th 2011)

Ha, thanks Kate, all those minutes spent sifting through food are paying off! :tooth:

He is gorgeous. I had him out for ages last night because Kasper was away in bed and Lyle was doing all the cage cleaning so I could just sit with Bam. He was climbing all inside my jacket, along the couch on my shoulders etc and he didn't scent once!! I've noted he doesn't do it much anymore at his age (not out of the cage anyway) but he does still leave me presents!
    • CommentTimeNov 9th, 2011 9:06pm (Nov 9th 2011) edited

Bam was being SUCH a poser tonight!! Hence the extra photos :blush:

Lyle tried to get photos of Bam being handled, but stupid man isn't very good with a camera so they are not very good :tooth:

We gave him a massive chunk of bread for a while too, so I took some snaps of diet-mouse gorging himself stupid!!

There are a lot of pics...I told you he was in a posing mood! *sigh* I love Bam :)
      bke1.jpg
      bke2.jpg
      bke4.jpg
      bke5.jpg
      bke7.jpg
      bke8.jpg
      bke9.jpg
      bke10.jpg
      bke11.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 9th, 2011 11:21pm (Nov 9th 2011)

His ears look insanely HUGE in those pictures! Just adds to the overall cuteness!
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2011 8:02am (Nov 10th 2011)

He is just so cute..his ears do look bigger..Kate's right it does just add to his cuteness.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 10th, 2011 6:02pm (Nov 10th 2011)

Nice to see you again bam !!!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2011 4:14pm (Nov 11th 2011)

what a sweety and such perfectly scrolled ears.
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2011 7:01pm (Nov 11th 2011) edited

I adore Bam, I love his time out. He's still very quick and an awesome climber for his age. He was born around the end of December so it'll be his first birthday soon :smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2011 9:29pm (Nov 11th 2011)

Blimey Bam nearly one got to start taking it easy mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 12th, 2011 10:50pm (Nov 12th 2011)

That's what we keep telling him Lee, fat chance! He's always busy doing something. We'll have to have a very special birthday; he'll be my first mouse to live to a year old (because he totally is going to)!
    • CommentTimeNov 13th, 2011 5:02pm (Nov 13th 2011)

He looks so sleek and healthy, Red - he's a lovely little chap.
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2011 9:24am (Nov 14th 2011) edited

Thanks CC :) I wasn't impressed last night, got him out and afterwards shook the poo's out of my sleeve as usual, then realised there was a wet patch too...yup, he'd decided to scent on me! Baaaam...

Got some cute photos though :tooth:
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2011 7:22pm (Nov 14th 2011) edited

Last night Bam...you can see how he's made his house with strips of toilet roll tube and tissue paper! (and yes, the first photo is just after I'd woken him up :tooth: )

It took him aaages to come out, because I think he really wasn't impressed I woke him up...he kept trying to go back to sleep and I was like "No Bam, plaaay time!" :rolling:
      bc4.jpg
      bc5.jpg
      bc6.jpg
      bc7.jpg
      bc8.jpg
      bc9.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2011 10:35pm (Nov 14th 2011)

I LOVE the first picture of Bam, so cute and sleepy..what a darling boy he is!
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2011 10:40pm (Nov 14th 2011)

I love the fourth one down - "just fyve moor minnits mama!"
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2011 2:39pm (Nov 15th 2011)

Oh yeah, I had to *force* him out of his bed...if he'd missed his play time he'd have only been moaning later on :001_rolleyes: He got me back though by scenting on me I guess!!
    • CommentTimeNov 16th, 2011 4:25pm (Nov 16th 2011)

I don,t no what to say about Bam that has not been said before he is just the cutest thing ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 17th, 2011 5:00pm (Nov 17th 2011)

He *is* smelly though! :P

I was trying hard to persuade Lyle to let us adopt three female mice that are at Animal Care...they are gorgeous and I'd love to have mice that could live with others again. Lyle quite rightly said no though, especially because we already have two elderly rodents and we're moving house soon...oh well!
    They were rehomed within a few days anyway so were obviously wanted :)
    • CommentTimeNov 17th, 2011 11:36pm (Nov 17th 2011)

2 elderly rodents??? Bam and ... I can't think of another?
    • CommentTimeNov 18th, 2011 5:17pm (Nov 18th 2011)

Pearl!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 18th, 2011 5:49pm (Nov 18th 2011)

What CC said ;)

Tada!
      apple25.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 18th, 2011 5:56pm (Nov 18th 2011)

Seems a bit wrong to put this here, but we're thinking of getting rats for our 'next' pet when we have a bit more time and room. Only problem with rats is that I'd definitely want to get them from a reputable breeder, so wouldn't be able to 'rescue' them...I've only just started wanting rats again after my last two continuously bit me to the bone 9 years ago!!! :ack2:

I want to try and stop that from happening by buying well brought up rats that are used to being handled...
    • CommentTimeNov 18th, 2011 11:47pm (Nov 18th 2011)

Doh! I forgot about Pearl - sorry! Haven't seen any pics of her for so long you see! :wink:

I completely agree Red, it does make a difference if they've been handled regularly from birth rather than being left in a pet shop.
    • CommentTimeNov 19th, 2011 4:42pm (Nov 19th 2011) edited

Our first four rats we got lucky...first boys were from Luthers, a really bad pet shop (the animals are loved but it's been open for years and years and the shop's still run old school...the mice all live in same-sex pens and breed, the rodents have tumours, the kittens are all ill and the pups are back yard bred...but the animals all obviously love the owner) and they were the best rats I've ever had.

We used to let them have the run of our front room and they came when called...my dad once accidentally crushed one against the beam in my bedroom when it was on his shoulder, and it didn't even bite! They used to sit on our laps and watch TV, or our shoulders and sleep...very lazy boys! The only time one bit was when it was dying, and to try ease his pain we had to spray warm water in his face...Charles / Sydney didn't like that and bit.

Then my next two were females. One of them was a rescue and she was always quite nervous but they never bit and both enjoyed being handled and played with.

Then my last rats, my second pair of boys, were absolutely horrible. We got them from a bad pet shop, but they were young and friendly. Handled them happily for a while (I don't remember how long) then one day when being loved by my dad, he turned around and bit him. After that they both bit at every opportunity, as hard as they could. They got to my bone several times...

And I've never wanted rats again...until now! :smile: