• CommentAuthorjerrypage
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 12:48pm (Feb 17th 2011)

We have found a 160g egg in the hen house this morning!
    All girls are well!
      photo.JPG
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 3:10pm (Feb 17th 2011) edited

Oh my!! She won't be able to sit down for a week...

I think someone in your coop deserves treats and some words of sympathy!

If it's anything like our last one like that, it will be a double-yolker (happens when for some reason - maybe a scare - a hen gets interrupted in the egg-making process at just the right time).
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:20pm (Feb 17th 2011) edited

Whoa, impressive...but OUCH! :gasp:

I bet that's a triple yolker!! Apparently an egg with nine yolks was once reported, so be sure to let us know what's inside it!! ;)

Posted By: neil(happens when for some reason - maybe a scare - a hen gets interrupted in the egg-making process at just the right time).

Nope, it's when two yolks accidentally get released from the hen's ovary at the same time...the shell gets wrapped around them both.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:28pm (Feb 17th 2011)

Owie...big omelette coming up!
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 7:02pm (Feb 17th 2011)

Hi Jerry and welcome to the forum, that sure is a large egg. I bet you were mega suprised finding it. May thanks for posting a picture of it. Please do stay and join in the with forum, it is nice to have new people to chat to.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 9:53pm (Feb 17th 2011)

Its huge! My first thought was 'ouch'!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2011 4:29pm (Feb 20th 2011)

Oh my that is impressive Jerry nice to here from you keep in touch!!!
      welcome chicken.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2011 5:38pm (Feb 21st 2011)

He won't keep in touch with the likes of us...I'm sure I saw the egg and his hen (Hattie) featured in The Daily Mail today...he's FAMOUS now! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2011 10:12pm (Feb 21st 2011)

I saw that as well CC and wondered if it was the same person.
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2011 5:25pm (Feb 22nd 2011)

His name was Jeremy Paget, which fits the name Jerrypage.
    Should've been a private eye, me...:D
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2011 7:08pm (Feb 22nd 2011)

Cor you certainly should have CC, I didn't twig that.
    • CommentAuthorukhunter08
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th, 2011 10:51am (Feb 27th 2011)

Very impressive jerrypage. I no it has been said already but plenty of treats for your hen i think:face-smile:
    • CommentAuthorjerrypage
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 3:48pm (Oct 15th 2014)

Sorry to say that Hattie passed away this week. One amazing hen :-(:face-sad:
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 3:58pm (Oct 15th 2014)

Bless her; she made the national papers though, what a hen!
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2014 7:15pm (Oct 15th 2014)

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that :( :heart:
    • CommentTimeOct 17th, 2014 6:04pm (Oct 17th 2014)

Jerry,I'm so very sorry to hear you lost your little Hattie. :044: