• CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 5:25pm (Feb 17th 2011) edited

Hi there, sorry to have been away so long but I have been busy with several different projects....well you know me can not do one thing at a time have to do several just to add interest !!!!

I hope you all had a lovely valentines day. I didn't want flowers and chocolates this year but opted for a day out instead. Grandad North took the day off we packed up a luxury pic-nick and headed off to North Yorkshire. We stopped and had our lunch in a pretty little spot all mossy walls and snow drops
      snow drops.jpg
      moss.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 5:37pm (Feb 17th 2011) edited

It was nice and sunny but a bit chilly so of course we had to eat the pic-nick in the car.....just thought I would make that clear as I am not that brave !!!!. We then went to Hawes. It is a lovely little village Grandad North used to have an Auntie who lived there, many years ago so it was lovely having him show me around and tell me all about it. The river was amazing very fast and furious but clean and clear.
      hawes !.jpg
      hawes2.jpg
      hawes 3.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 5:49pm (Feb 17th 2011)

It goes without saying that we had to visit the Wensley Dale creamery while we were there. I love cheese and was in my element with all the tasters they provide. I must have had a good quarter of a pound of cheese by the time we had made our selection.....sod the diet we might not be back up there for a few months !!! Grandad North said oh look the moon is out early now don't go eating that it isn't really made from Cheese !!!!
      moon.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 5:56pm (Feb 17th 2011) edited

We had a explore around the country side and came across Castle Bolton it is a real impressive building. It is closed until March but we had to go and have a look round the outside. Well we would have done but it came over all dark and it hailed quite heavily. We still had coffee in the flask so finished that off while the hail turned to snow. As we were high up it was nice to watch it finally move across the landscape.
      castle Bolton.jpg
      castle bolton2.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:02pm (Feb 17th 2011)

Just as we were about to leave We noticed a sign saying wild boar park and lo and behold there was one. I had too brave the elements to go get a picture, well you know what I am like rushed out of the car with no coat no jumper then moaned I was cold when I got back in the car !!! I tell you what though I could see why it was wild I would have been as well having to live in all that mud poor thing
      wild boar.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:11pm (Feb 17th 2011) edited

We had a quick shufty through Catterick as Grandad North was stationed there eons ago and he really enjoyed seeing what was still there and what had changed. I was a tad disapointed though as I was hoping to see a tank or two. Must have been a bit to chilly to get them out or they had washed them and didn't want to get them muddied up again!!

We did have a quick look at Richmond as they have a lovely river there as well. Last time we were there was the summer and the kiddies were all playing on the rocks, the water was very low so it was quite safe for them. Different story this time though, it was so loud and in a massive hurry. The water was quite brown where it has come off the hills. I took many pictures as it was so fascinating. Here are a couple for you to enjoy
      richmond.jpg
      richmond 2.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:18pm (Feb 17th 2011) edited

We had a lovely day out and finished it off with a fish and chip supper at Murgatroyds near Bradford. The sky on the way home was so pretty. I did take a few pictures but just couldn't do it justice in a moving car. I hope you enjoyed reading all about it and it is a great shame you couldn't have tasted that cheese ummmmmmmmm.
      sky.jpg
      skye1.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:25pm (Feb 17th 2011)

What a lovely day out! But we're glad you came back to us...eventually! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:34pm (Feb 17th 2011)

Love all the water pics...and the boar is awesome!
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:43pm (Feb 17th 2011)

It was a lot smaller than I thought they were, but may have been a young one. We will go back in the summer to see the castle and will check up on it again. There must have been more in the wood.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:45pm (Feb 17th 2011)

Thanks CC, it's nice to be back.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:45pm (Feb 17th 2011) edited

Hmm I always imagine them to be quite big too.

I saw my first snowdrops of the spring in the park near our house the other day. Cheered me up a lot...that and the fact that Ron food is getting a whole lot easier to find!! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 6:57pm (Feb 17th 2011)

I used to have some in the garden but the hens scratted them all up which was an awful shame.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2011 10:05pm (Feb 17th 2011)

Beautiful pictures as ever NN! That river is amazing and the boar is lovely - I think it is a young one. Glad you had a good day out!
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2011 6:31pm (Feb 18th 2011)

Yes, what IS it about hens and snowdrops? I've had to rescue some scratted ones and put them up in a planter...
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2011 9:58pm (Feb 18th 2011)

Mine have scratted up a lovely patch grape hyacinth bulbs as well CC. Nearly all my crocus have been done as well. Little sods can't have nothing !!!!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2011 4:24pm (Feb 20th 2011)

just seen these NN you two are a couple of romantics !!!! I am glad you had a good time brilliant pictures again NN telling a whole story. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2011 7:01pm (Feb 20th 2011)

NN, those pictures are just so beautiful..I admire your talent to compose such lovely pictures. The river scenes were my favorite, but they were all wonderful.
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2011 10:06pm (Feb 21st 2011)

Why thank you Lynn, It is a pleasure to share it all with you xx