• CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2011 9:35pm (Feb 18th 2011) edited

Black birds just love to bathe. I was really surprised at this one though as it enjoys it's bath in my pond instead of the bird bath
      the bath.jpg
      the bath 2.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2011 9:38pm (Feb 18th 2011) edited

The first time I saw it in there I was really worried in case it drowned, luckily my camera was handy this time so I could get a few pictures.
      the bath3.jpg
      the bath4.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2011 9:40pm (Feb 18th 2011) edited

it had a good old splash about even ducking under the water a few times. It always amazes me at how quickly they dry off after just a quick shake.
      the bath 5.jpg
      the bath 6.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2011 10:59pm (Feb 18th 2011)

She must feel safer there with the reeds around her than on the bird bath where its more open. She's beautiful - I think I'd have worried about her too. Glad she enjoys your pond!
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th, 2011 8:51pm (Feb 19th 2011)

The blackbird constantly flings all the water out of our birdbath!
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th, 2011 4:17pm (Feb 20th 2011)

Beautiful pictures NN you are always in the right place at the right time. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st, 2011 10:09pm (Feb 21st 2011)

Yes at the kitchen sink Lee Ha ha, Luckily I had cleaned the window the day before. It is nice to be able to look out over the garden while doing kitchen chores.
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2011 5:11pm (Feb 22nd 2011)

It's nicer to be looking over the garden while someone else does the kitchen chores...:tooth:
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2011 7:06pm (Feb 22nd 2011)

Fat chance of that CC, I had two men sitting here this evening while I was cooking our meal and hinted twice that we had to remember to do the bin. Yup you got it no takers, but there you go I always do it every week so guess it is considered MY job !!!!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd, 2011 8:55pm (Feb 22nd 2011)

Thanks NN, I've forgotten to do our bins too so had better get up off my backside and go do it. My hubby THINKS he puts the bins out. What he actually does is wheel it from the garage to the path (about 50 yards, if that). I have to go around emptying all the household bins, short out the recycling, and move it from the back of the house into the garage, which involves hoisting the wheelie bin up and over the BIG step into the garage ready for hubby.
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2011 5:39pm (Feb 23rd 2011)

Bit like men thinking they do a BBQ, Kate. Women invite the guests, buy the food, marinate the meat, get the plates/cutlery/glasses ready, buy the booze, organise seats, tables, etc. The man swans in and spends 10 mins burning the meat and everyone congratulates him. So I don't do BBQs...
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd, 2011 9:19pm (Feb 23rd 2011)

How very true CC.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 1:53pm (Mar 4th 2011)

NN, I have the starlings and blackbirds that empty the bird bath. Ssometimes I have filled it up twice in as many minutes and I swear they sit and watch me fill it up and then come down and have a good old water flinging session. I keep thinking that perhaps I should put a bit of bubble bath in there for them to make squeaky clean:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 8:53pm (Mar 4th 2011)

Yes they do that to my bird bath as well, I think thats why they have started using the pond. Jay is going to make a new cover for the pond next week so I will be filling the bird baths each day. I got three in my garden !!!
    Maybe they would come out chirrupy clean Shobhna :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeMar 4th, 2011 8:56pm (Mar 4th 2011)

I have a water dish for the birds all the time and they are constantly emptying it not by drinking it but washing them selfs in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile: