• CommentTimeMar 24th, 2011 4:19pm (Mar 24th 2011) edited

Sadly Ellie, my Aunty and Uncle's 13-year-old Collie cross had to be put to sleep yesterday morning, who they've had since she was a puppy.

Photobucket

She had problems with her kidney and just wasn't enjoying life any more. We hated to see her suffering. She was a gorgeous dog; loyal, perfect around other dogs, obedient, and knew so many different commands. As my Nana said, we have all lost a true friend.

This is from the last time me and Lyle walked her :(

Photobucket

And one of our many walks, this one in 2006:
    Photobucket

RIP Ellie, you were a perfect dog and a great friend, and I'm glad we got to spend so much time with you <3
    • CommentTimeMar 24th, 2011 5:48pm (Mar 24th 2011)

Oh, what sad news. I'm so very sorry -, Red. She was such a dear girl and I know you all are going to really miss her. R.I.P. Ellie :face-crying::face-crying:
    • CommentTimeMar 24th, 2011 9:15pm (Mar 24th 2011)

I'm so sorry Red. I'm sure she had a lovely life with your Aunty and brought a lot of joy to your lives. Sleep soundly Ellie. :heart:
    • CommentTimeMar 25th, 2011 7:18am (Mar 25th 2011)

Very sad to hear about Ellie Red she sounded a perfect companion :face-crying:
    • CommentTimeMar 25th, 2011 6:31pm (Mar 25th 2011) edited

:flowers: :heart: She had a fantastic life and a dignified and loving end, Red; nobody could wish for more. :heart:
    • CommentTimeMar 25th, 2011 8:17pm (Mar 25th 2011)

So sorry to hear about Ellie. She had a lovely life and was well loved now She is sleeping in comfort with no pain.
    • CommentTimeMar 25th, 2011 8:35pm (Mar 25th 2011)

Thanks everybody, Lee she was, she was perfect in every way.

It was a very sad start to our dog ownership, but Kasper already reminds me of her so much...I guess it's the collie in him. I know she would have loved him back when she was younger.
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2011 12:14am (Mar 26th 2011)

Goodbye Ellie, a loving and much loved companion.