• CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 1:40am (Apr 8th 2011)

Happy Birthday CC, love and big hugs from OZ.
    :aparty2::aparty2::aparty2::aparty2:
    :bdayparty:
    :aparty1:
    :aparty1:
    Enjoy your weeekend and have a gin or two to celebrate!!!
    :drinkparty::drinkparty::drinkparty::drinkparty:
    :bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 5:02am (Apr 8th 2011)

I hope you have a wonderful Birthday, CC
      LW_HBD-CC-11.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 12:55pm (Apr 8th 2011)

Have a good one CC! :bdayparty:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 1:14pm (Apr 8th 2011)

:cheer::cheer::cheer:Happy Birthday CC :cheer::cheer::cheer:

:_party::aparty2::_party::aparty2::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 4:35pm (Apr 8th 2011)

Have a lovely birthday CC
      happy-birthday.gif
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 5:53pm (Apr 8th 2011)

Aw, thank you everyone...I'm having a brilliant day and am being spoiled rotten. And I love it...:D
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 5:56pm (Apr 8th 2011)

PS Fifty must be the age you finally grow up; garlic prawns for lunch and NOT ONE DROP of garlic butter down me bib. Still needed 3 napkins to achieve that result though...:)
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2011 8:41pm (Apr 8th 2011)

Oh dammit, didn't realise it was the big FIVE-O!!! Hope you've had a great day. Have entrusted the Post Office with delivery of your card. Had I realised it was a 'special' birthday I'd have picked something much more insulting!!!

:aparty1: :aparty1: :aparty1:
    :bdayparty: :bdayparty: :bdayparty:
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2011 2:45am (Apr 9th 2011)

:face-smile:ha ha Kate that is funny.

oh CC a special one!!!

CC is 50 whooppeeeee:aparty1:

Oh 50 is fun, turning 50 is grand
    But in this retirement home's not what I planned

I’m going to escape, in the dead of the night
    it's off to the pub, I think I'll take flight

I'll order 3 gins and a tonic to splash
    then off to the movies I really must dash

back past the zoo, around by the sea
    oh quick I must hurry, I’m busting to pee!

along by the cake shop I pause for a look
    there's a damn funny cake and it's shaped like a chook

I grab a few loaves and some cheese that looks green
    I sneak by the post office 'fore I am seen

just near the duck pond I almost fall in
    as the handsome young gardener shows off all that skin

time to head back now before I am missed
    the policeman is looking, he might think I’m (p#^*&*d) tiddley!

bugger the crossing, I run without care
    the traffic is honking and people do stare

they must love my hat and my long purple gown
    it can’t be that strange to be wearing a crown

I‘m back at the home expecting a fuss
    but I notice that everyone’s boarding a bus

They’re off to the pub, then down to the beach
    I’m grounded it seems, they’ve a lesson to teach

I’ll sit here and wait, I’m hatching a plot
    As soon as lights out, I’m off like a shot.
    :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2011 2:32pm (Apr 9th 2011)

Happy Birthday CC hope you had a great time. :face-smile:
      Birthday Chicken.jpg
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2011 8:52pm (Apr 9th 2011)

That's well good TM!!! :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2011 10:53pm (Apr 9th 2011)

:rolling: How well you know me, Julie...and don't worry, I was insulted by your card anyway, Kate...:rolling:
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2011 11:32pm (Apr 9th 2011)

Happy Birthday CC.
    Wish I was 50 again!
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2011 12:57pm (Apr 10th 2011)

Thanks, ollie; it doesn't feel any different to 49! Or 39 or 29 come to that...:)
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2011 10:05pm (Apr 10th 2011)

Ah, 69 is where the rot starts to creep in!!!
    Up to then life just rolled along OK.
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2011 10:09pm (Apr 10th 2011)

That's a great poem TM!! Well done!
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2011 12:14pm (Apr 11th 2011)

Ta Kate,
    I wonder if CC has surfaced yet after her celebratory weekend?:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2011 4:17pm (Apr 11th 2011)

Ho yes, Phase VI was yesterday (dinner with friends - moment of high drama when glass dish exploded under Jamie Oliver's bread and butter pud made with hot cross buns; lovely! After a new dish was fetched, that is...), Phase VII tonight (friends round for drinks) and Phase VIII tomorrow (dinner at v. posh restaurant. Will I keep my shirt clean? I doubt it...):face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2011 12:51am (Apr 12th 2011)

Bread and butter pudding, I was just thinking of making one, it's very yummy, especially if you add the secret ingredient....some alcohol.
    Hot cross buns now that sounds really interesting CC.

I will write to Jamie and tell him his recipe is positively explosive.:face-devil-grin:

What is it with us and our shirts? Now days, (since I turned grown up) I manage to splosh things on my front!!! I am forver spraying or soaking my tops in strange concotions in a bucket. :face-devil-grin:

Keep up the celebrating!:drinkparty:
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2011 6:20pm (Apr 12th 2011)

She was supposed to put brandy in it, Julie, but only had port so used that. Still tasted yummy!
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2011 5:49pm (Apr 15th 2011)

We could do the 8th...if that's what you meant! If not, we can fix another day.