• CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2011 4:51pm (Apr 14th 2011)

Hello,

In a random search for chicken related material on the web i stumbled onto here.

I work for an animation company who are currently making a short film titled Why Did The Chicken Cross the Road? and thought you guys may like to chick out our little trailer!

You can find out more about our funny little film here:

and here:

Thanks

Jake
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2011 11:11pm (Apr 14th 2011)

Looks brilliant! There needs to be more chicken films out there :laugh:
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2011 10:34am (Apr 15th 2011)

Thanks very much :D :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2011 3:29pm (Apr 15th 2011)

Really like it, can't wait to see the conclusion!
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2011 3:53pm (Apr 15th 2011)

Hopefully it won't be too long until we can share the conclusion.

Lets just say the answer is not as simple as first thought!
    • CommentTimeApr 15th, 2011 5:06pm (Apr 15th 2011)

Chickens aren't as simple as I first thought either
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2011 5:10am (Apr 17th 2011)

oh Jake the answer at last to THE question how wonderful, good luck with funding and here's to more stories about chickens.
    I live in Oz but look forward to hearing more.
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2011 5:48pm (May 3rd 2011)

We have been busy animating away and have just added some of the latest stills from the film to our blog. :face-smile:

• CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2011 7:51pm (May 3rd 2011)

Ah no the link won't work for me! I think it might just be my internet playing up though :/
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd, 2011 9:12pm (May 3rd 2011)

No, nor me! It does if you type it in though.
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2011 9:04am (May 4th 2011)

Oh no! The link seems to work for me, just incase hopefully this one will work if you have any problems with the other one!!

• CommentTimeMay 4th, 2011 5:18pm (May 4th 2011) edited

Ah that one works, I love it, especially when he escaped XD :bigsmile:
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2011 6:34pm (May 4th 2011)

I think he was trying to cross the road again when he escaped and he ate all our custard creams. The pesky little chicken!!
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2011 11:18pm (May 4th 2011)

It's true, chickens are partial to a few custard creams...
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeMay 10th, 2011 5:42pm (May 10th 2011)

Just added a fun little game to our site, can you help Mr Chicken catch all the falling eggs and reach the top of the leaderboard?!

Warning may be addictive!!
    • CommentTimeMay 11th, 2011 12:58pm (May 11th 2011)

Oh yeah, that's addictive!

9th place at 320 points :bigsmile:
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeMay 11th, 2011 1:17pm (May 11th 2011)

Productivity at our studio has gone down hill as the battle for 1st place has commenced!!
    • CommentTimeMay 11th, 2011 10:34pm (May 11th 2011)

I tried and was rubbish! BUT - I am blaming the mouse which just didn't want to respond. When I'm back at work we'll have to have a competition based on this one!! Thanks Jake!
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2011 1:22pm (May 12th 2011)

I had a go on Lyle's laptop and he likes his mouse much more sensitive than me so it made it really hard!
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2011 4:47pm (May 12th 2011)

My mouse just wouldn't move when I asked it to! Its usually OK so I assume it just doesn't like the game or the web site. It'll give me something to do when I'm bored at work (after I've spent a month catching up on the work I should be doing now!)
    • CommentTimeMay 12th, 2011 6:10pm (May 12th 2011)

My mouse was the same, Kate; suddenly 'jumped' to the top of the picture. Odd.
    • CommentTimeMay 13th, 2011 1:53pm (May 13th 2011)

Mine kept sticking at the side! Maybe its fixed so that we can't beat the score of the developers!! :wink:
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 12:00pm (May 16th 2011)

I have made the mouse cursor visible instead of hidden during the game, which should eradicate the sticky problem caused when the mouse slips off the screen!

:face-smile:
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 7:06pm (May 16th 2011)

After a few more small tweaks, the stickyness should be smoothed out.

Thanks for your feedback on the game.

Good luck in getting to the top of the leaderboard!
    • CommentTimeMay 16th, 2011 7:57pm (May 16th 2011)

Oooh awesome, will have to try it after tea :smile:
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeJun 6th, 2011 1:31pm (Jun 6th 2011)

Mr Chicken Chickens Eggciting Eggcatching Eggtravaganza now available for the iphone (3GS and higher) and for free!!

• CommentTimeJun 15th, 2011 4:06pm (Jun 15th 2011)

I seem to be doing rubbish at the catching the eggs game recently - mouse controls much better now too! I have a question, do the eggs get harder to catch the longer you're playing, or is it luck?! :smile:
    • CommentAuthorjake0606
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd, 2011 3:45pm (Aug 3rd 2011)

Applogies for such a delayed response.

The eggs do indeed get harder to catch as the game goes on. Theres an increase in the amount of eggs generated as you play. An element of luck is involved which comes down to how many of the blue trill boxes you are lucky enough to see and catch! 980 is the current top score which has been there for quite some time!!

Latest film stills: