• CommentTimeJun 7th, 2011 2:22pm (Jun 7th 2011) edited

You might notice one of the views changed this morning - I'm pleased to announce the introduction of Frog Cam!!

It's a view watching a tiny little pond / waterfall thing in our garden with a lilly pad growing in it, and is home to a rather large frog!

He (she?) can often be found sat around the edge, or even on a lilly leaf - let us know if you spot the frog!

(oh, there's a fake stone frog on the side, and the duck is plastic too!)

Edit: Just spotted this little fella enjoying the view!

• CommentTimeJun 7th, 2011 6:38pm (Jun 7th 2011)

That little bird certainly loves the water I have seen it on there twice now. once at lunch time and again this evening. I haven't seen the froggie though. It is a lovely little feature. I woudn't mind one like it thats for sure .
    • CommentTimeJun 8th, 2011 12:02am (Jun 8th 2011)

How exciting - something new to look out for since Mel 'left'! On the night cam I thought it'd picked up the reflection of the frog's eyes, but they haven't moved for 10 minutes so it probably isn't it!
    • CommentTimeJun 8th, 2011 1:32am (Jun 8th 2011)

Neil you always manage to make such excellent use of hencam, thanks for the frog cam, well done.
    • CommentTimeJun 8th, 2011 10:57am (Jun 8th 2011)

Love frogs! :frog2:
    Have a few imitation round my pool, (a dark blue small corner bath) which I filled yesterday being inspired by Neil/Helen's creation.
    I don't have such a romantic setting though. I've just put the fountain in and added pool plants to my shopping list.
    I'll think about restocking it with fish but am still sore over the last ones being frozen along with some sleeping frogs last winter.
    When the moquito larvae arrrive I'll be down to the shop for the Golden Orfs!
    :fish:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJun 8th, 2011 1:18pm (Jun 8th 2011)

I quite like frogs too. nice idea.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJun 9th, 2011 3:56am (Jun 9th 2011)

I LOVE FROGS!! I always try to raise a few in my pond every year. I did see the frog last night in your pond Neil. It's cute.:frog1:
    • CommentTimeJun 9th, 2011 10:26am (Jun 9th 2011)

Excellent Lynn!!

You are the first to spot him/her on cam, even I haven't seen it for a few days! :)
    • CommentTimeJun 9th, 2011 6:42pm (Jun 9th 2011)

I keep looking, but no luck so far!
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJun 10th, 2011 1:43pm (Jun 10th 2011)

Now I want a frog of my own too !!!!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJun 11th, 2011 3:58am (Jun 11th 2011)

Frogy's eyes glow in the dark..the first time I saw it I thought it was a snake..LOL then when it moved I saw it was a frog..what are we going to name the frog?
    • CommentTimeJun 11th, 2011 5:30pm (Jun 11th 2011)

Fang. Or Rover, perhaps.
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJun 14th, 2011 1:28pm (Jun 14th 2011)

Prince......says the eternal optimist. :face-monkey:
    • CommentTimeJun 15th, 2011 3:40pm (Jun 15th 2011)

I like frog cam! Nice birdy clip too :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeJun 15th, 2011 8:15pm (Jun 15th 2011)

Are you SURE there's a frog in there?!
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2011 1:42pm (Jun 16th 2011)

He is camera shy !!
    • CommentTimeJun 16th, 2011 2:49pm (Jun 16th 2011)

Not seen him yet!
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2011 10:28pm (Jun 17th 2011)

The frogcam view is showing me something very strange - not sure if its just my computer or if its genuine. The only way I can describe it is like blue electricity running over the leaf in the centre of the pond. Can anyone else see it? I'm worried Froggy/Neil have/could be electrocuted!
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2011 10:35pm (Jun 17th 2011) edited

Waiting for the view to change...

Seems okay to me, Kate :/

Looks odd and bright in night vision, but can't see any 'lectrocuted frogs!
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2011 10:42pm (Jun 17th 2011)

It's not the rain close to the cam is it?! Seems to be raining over at hencam HQ.
    • CommentTimeJun 17th, 2011 10:59pm (Jun 17th 2011)

I don't know - I wondered if it was a strobe light or something! Maybe it is a combination of the rain and whatever lighting is there, but if you read this Neil just be a little bit wary, just in case!
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2011 6:53am (Jun 19th 2011)

The hencam has been off line all day, so I can't see anything at all right now.
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2011 10:38pm (Jun 20th 2011)

Watching the pool and there was this glowing eye watching back at me, at about "twenty-to" on a clock and under that white rock. Then a dark scurry as the raindrops started rippling the pool.
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2011 3:21pm (Jun 21st 2011)

I'm still yet to see it on the cam!
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2011 1:24am (Jul 8th 2011)

Each time I view the pond the leaves are growing more and more over the water, must be the nice weather.
    Still have'nt seen froggy yet,:face-sad: we should name him/her something original like.....:frog1: Kermit:face-smile:
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2011 9:16pm (Jul 12th 2011) edited

Can you find the frog?
    If you have not seen it during the daytime you may see his eyes looking at you when it gets dark at HenCam HQ.
    Its eyes will glow from the cam ir light. You might see one eye or both at times.
    Look at the bottom right of the picture. It seems to spend its time there under the lilly pad between the rocks.
      frog_1.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2011 10:58pm (Jul 12th 2011)

I saw that in the first day or so the camera was on the pond, but thought it was reflection off the water! That's a good shot of him though - can see his face properly (I could only see the headlights!)
    • CommentTimeJul 12th, 2011 11:14pm (Jul 12th 2011)

That is cuuuute! :)
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2011 12:24pm (Jul 13th 2011)

I think that frog knows that he is on camera.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2011 8:39pm (Jul 14th 2011)

At last there he is for real!!!!!!!!!! or is it just a big joke Neil is playing on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder
    :face-smile: :face-smile: :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2011 10:36pm (Jul 14th 2011)

I've been seeing Mr Froggie's lights since 10.00 but then he seemed to squiggle and I thought he was coming out. There are some nice juicy bugs flying around but he must have gone to his back door.
    • CommentTimeJul 15th, 2011 5:18pm (Jul 15th 2011)

Still not seen him *grumble grumble*
    • CommentTimeJul 15th, 2011 10:40pm (Jul 15th 2011)

You're right Ron, he does like it there! I was having a look at the Lilly's flower that's coming up, and could see the frog in that exact position - didn't seem bothered by me prodding about in the leaves of the lilly at all, bless him!

Which reminds me... we need to top the pond up - it's only small so hot days can lower the level quite a bit!
    • CommentTimeJul 18th, 2011 8:30pm (Jul 18th 2011)

Haha aw bless him, he's gettin' tame :tooth:

You should give him some cucumber!
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd, 2011 12:47am (Jul 22nd 2011)

I missed seeing the frog for several days, but its still at the same locaion under the lilly pad between the rocks.
      Frog_3.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2011 6:57am (Jul 31st 2011)

I saw Froggy out on the rocks to left, tonight..he seems to be getting bigger..he must be finding lots of nice bugs to eat.
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2011 10:50pm (Jul 31st 2011)

I was watching the F1 race replay and looked over at my computer and.....
      Frog_4.jpg
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2011 10:52pm (Jul 31st 2011)

and....
      Frog_5.jpg
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2011 7:26am (Aug 1st 2011)

there he is a real frog!!!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile: :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2011 11:48am (Aug 1st 2011)

aw he is so cute! I'll be crawling around in my parent's garden in the dark looking for him :tooth:
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2011 4:30pm (Aug 1st 2011)

Posted By: Redaw he is so cute! I'll be crawling around in my parent's garden in the dark looking for him

In your Red Onesy !!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2011 5:30pm (Aug 1st 2011)

Looking for froggy's headlights - they're really bright in your pics, Ronald!
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2011 11:46pm (Aug 1st 2011)

Took me ages to see him - I need new glasses!!!
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd, 2011 10:04pm (Aug 2nd 2011) edited

The Frog is out on the rock and boy what a fat little fellow it is.
    edit: The frog was out on the rocks for about 20 to 25 minutes before move off to the left of the cam view.
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2011 7:49pm (Aug 4th 2011)

Haha, too right Lee, the neighbours would wonder what I was doing!!!

I'll have to have a look around that time Ron, still not seen him.
    • CommentTimeAug 7th, 2011 9:30pm (Aug 7th 2011) edited

I'm sure that duck is growing bigger.

Wonder if he's French...

:grubby_duck: :frog1:

and dines on frog's legs?
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 12:34pm (Aug 8th 2011)

Still havnet see the little guy 'live' but will keep trying.
    • CommentTimeDec 9th, 2011 10:44am (Dec 9th 2011)

Well winter has certainly come to the pool.
    The lily has all but gone.

There was a lovely robin hunting for goodies on the water's edge yesterday. They are such pretty and tame birds, so delightful to watch. Their little round bodies remind me of Santa Clause.