• CommentTimeJul 26th, 2011 3:40pm (Jul 26th 2011) edited

We just got back from our holiday in Chesterfield...it was very eventful!!

We had a good time for the most part though!

One day we drove to a little village and Kasper had a massive 5.5 mile walk around all the fields and he LOVED it. My dad, Joe, Lyle and myself took him out, attempting to follow these directions...we stumbled through the first half, then somehow found ourselves back on the right path and managed to follow them to the end!! There were some gorgeous views, beautiful fields and we got to say hi to plenty of cows. It was great fun and I have never seen the dog so tired :smile:

Of course when we got back Kasper was sick twice because he'd eaten so much cow poo hahaha!! I was very pleased I'd brought the stain and odour spray with me :rofl:

Then yesterday we walked Kasper in this nice little park we had found, and he emerged from the bushes COVERED in blood...all his paws were bright red, his stomach was bright red, his tail, his throat
    :gasp:

We called him over, panicking massively, and tried to locate the cut/s. Found one on his paw which was pumping out blood; the bit of grass we sat at looked like a murder scene! The blood was coming out so fast we couldn't even see the cut. We stripped our socks off and used them as a bandage, then tried to get Kasper back as soon as possible. Of course he spent all the way back chewing off the socks and then, because he was annoyed, bit the lead once...

Got back and rushed him to the vets, the cut was only bleeding a little by then, and the vets bandaged him up. These two vets were brilliant, the best yet with our dog, and for the first time Kasper actually liked the vets.
    Anyhoo, here are some pics from the hotel :)
      cfield2.jpg
      cfield3.jpg
      cfield4.jpg
      cfield5.jpg
      cfield6.jpg
      cfield8.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 26th, 2011 3:45pm (Jul 26th 2011) edited

From some walks :)
      cfield9.jpg
      cfield10.jpg
      cfield11.jpg
      cfield12.jpg
      cfield13.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 26th, 2011 3:49pm (Jul 26th 2011) edited

Kasper claimed our duvet as his own, and we played Trivial Pursuits which I won! I never win, Lyle normally wipes the floor with me :tooth: We have three different sets of questions: child's, modern adult's, and then extremely hard ones from like 1960's!
      cfield15.jpg
      cfield16.jpg
      cfield19.jpg
      cfield20.jpg
      cfield14.jpg
      cfield22.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 26th, 2011 3:56pm (Jul 26th 2011) edited

And finally, that fateful walk!!

It's a shame it ended badly because he had great fun on it and he absolutely exhausted himself. It's been a good learning experience for me and Lyle though; if we ever see him bleeding like that again, we'll know not to panic so much.

Kasper felt *very* sorry for himself afterwards, and even though the cut was only small it bled a lot and quickly soaked through the bandage. Hopefully it's a fast healer!
      cfield23.jpg
      cfield24.jpg
      cfield25.jpg
      cfield26.jpg
      cfield27.jpg
      cfield28.jpg
    • CommentTimeJul 26th, 2011 9:45pm (Jul 26th 2011)

Lovely pictures Red I hope Kasper is OK, he is a boy isn't he looks like you had a great time ......love your red Jarmers Red!!!

:face-smile::face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 26th, 2011 10:17pm (Jul 26th 2011)

Kasper must be thinking that collar is a part of normal life now! I've never known a dog cut his feet so much - does he need to walk on hard ground more to toughen them up, or does he need some doggie shoes to protect them?!!!! Poor boy (poor bank account!)

Your hair matches your onesy!
    • CommentTimeJul 29th, 2011 11:50am (Jul 29th 2011) edited

Haha, thanks Lee! My family were all laughing because I was wandering around the hotel corridor in my onesy :laugh:

His feet are the same as any dog heh, he just batters them more!! We duct taped the bottom of his bandage a few times because it was getting worn down, and the tape's in tatters now after a few walks.

We think it's age and breed mix...and of course summer brings with it more scrotes who leave broken glass around. The amount of glass from beer bottles around all the walks near us is beyond ridiculous, and we daren't even take him in the child's play park...it's sick that people would purposefully leave shattered glass where children play. Grr, don't even get me started! :mad:

We put his injuries down to his age, but then again Vince (who's seven now!) is always getting injured. I think that's more to do with Vince's complete obsession with the ball though (he will follow that ball anywhere) rather than normal dog behaviour, but he's as accident prone as Kasper :smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 31st, 2011 6:07pm (Jul 31st 2011)

You can always rely on a scrote for broken glass Red !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2011 11:53am (Aug 1st 2011)

It's everywhere at the moment, we're really struggling to walk Kasper...can't wait until we move to Yorkshire, at least there are more out-of-the-way fields there. Around here all the paths are covered with glass (even the dirt ones through the forests) and the fields are full of ******** riding motorbikes. Great!

Bring on the move...
    • CommentTimeAug 1st, 2011 11:54pm (Aug 1st 2011)

We took the grandkids for a walk to the park yesterday, and the river is completely choked by weeds. There was one small section that was a little bit clearer, and all you could see was an old road sign, various empty cans/bottles/packaging. Strangely enough though, no shopping trolley! It was horrid. And dog poo everywhere, even though several bins are provided along the way.
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd, 2011 6:39pm (Aug 2nd 2011)

An old road sign...? :)
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd, 2011 10:49pm (Aug 2nd 2011)

Yes - relocated to the river by the local yobs!
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd, 2011 6:28pm (Aug 3rd 2011)

Hmmm...how old?
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2011 7:53pm (Aug 4th 2011)

:rofl:
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2011 7:57pm (Aug 4th 2011)

How well she knows me...and has seen, er, a few signs knocking round our house! :D
    • CommentTimeAug 4th, 2011 9:28pm (Aug 4th 2011)

It was upside down and I had no intention of wading in to find out. The river stinks!!
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2011 7:08pm (Aug 5th 2011)

:face-crying:But...but...*sob*...I thought you were my friend...:face-sad:
    • CommentTimeAug 5th, 2011 9:08pm (Aug 5th 2011)

Even our friendship has limits, and that limit seems to be a riverbank!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 12:37pm (Aug 8th 2011)

ha ha CC and her signs, love it.
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 8:41pm (Aug 8th 2011)

See, JULIE would wade into a smelly river and get it for me, WOULDN'T you, Julie...?:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 11:17pm (Aug 8th 2011)

I'd send Lyle in to get it for you :)
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 11:27pm (Aug 8th 2011)

[sigh] if only I had a Lyle too ... or a pair of wellies ... Who am I kidding - knowing my luck I'd get arrested for stealing council property or something stupid like that!
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 11:31pm (Aug 8th 2011)

Either that or get stuck in the mud and not be able to get out!!

I will lend you a Lyle ~ how does £10 a day sound?! :P
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 11:41pm (Aug 8th 2011)

I can see the newspaper report now: "local woman is arrested for stealing traffic signs and dumping them in the river. She claimed she was 'retrieving' it for a friend, but this was not believed by the court. "Who'd want something like THAT in their home?" said Judge Richpants "I certainly wouldn't want it cluttering up my £2million mansion. These commoners need to be taught a lesson" and jailed her for 2 years with no time off for good behaviour".

Sounds like a bargain!!! Does he eat much? Is he well behaved? I've already got 3 useless men in my house, don't want to add a fourth!!
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2011 11:48pm (Aug 8th 2011)

:rolling: :rofl:

Hmm, he's a great cook, he's good with animals, brilliant at games and computer-type-things...doesn't eat too much, and is generally well behaved. Oh, he's useless at cleaning though!
    • CommentTimeAug 9th, 2011 12:05am (Aug 9th 2011)

Dammit - they all have a fault don't they?! Never yet found one that can clean!
    • CommentTimeAug 9th, 2011 5:25pm (Aug 9th 2011)

Haha, he *can* clean...he just won't! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeAug 9th, 2011 11:30pm (Aug 9th 2011)

Oh, that's their game is it? Well there's a few things us girls can refuse to do too!!
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2011 7:04am (Aug 10th 2011)

Well you best enlighten us then Kate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2011 3:53pm (Aug 10th 2011)

....play with the dog?! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeAug 10th, 2011 11:08pm (Aug 10th 2011)

Besides refusing to do the cleaning ourselves - do the cooking, drive them around when they can't be bothered, change the beds, do the shopping, care for the pets ... why, what did you think I meant Lee? :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2011 8:12pm (Aug 11th 2011) edited

Posted By: Katebwhy, what did you think I meant Lee?

Giving us a big cuddle and telling us you love us!! :face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2011 8:21pm (Aug 12th 2011)

I may be doing that wrong, Lyle tells me he loves me wayyy more than I say it to him, and I usually tell him to shut up!! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2011 2:45am (Sep 30th 2011)

Oh Red Chesterfield is not far from where I live what a shame I didn't know else I could have hopped on the bus and met up with you. Never mind there will be other times I am sure.
    • CommentTimeSep 30th, 2011 9:00pm (Sep 30th 2011)

Ah no that's a right shame NN!