• CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 8:42pm (Aug 19th 2011) edited

Hello from rainy Yorkshire - what a difference it is :bigsmile:

We finally have internet, so now it is time to bombard you with all the photos I have taken over the past 5 days...sorry :blush:

A final goodbye to the flat in Stoke!

Photobucket

When we first saw our flat we were *so* pleasantly surprised, my whole family has done such a great job with it...cleaned it, painted it, donated furnishings, bought us furniture, just everything. My mum spent days cleaning the place up and buying plants and such to make it look homely...so as soon as we stepped through the front door we knew we were home!

Our new living room, hi Ron!

Sofabed out C:

Photobucket

Our bedroom with the unpacking to do and no bed!

Photobucket

Our entrance hall behind the couch haha :P

Our bedroom with a bed!

Photobucket

It's a gorgeous little flat, we're in love ^__^

More pics to follow...
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 8:45pm (Aug 19th 2011)

This is the first thing we saw on our first dog walk, past Thornton Primary school :rolling:

Photobucket

And then these gorgeous views:

Photobucket

Lyle enjoying a good walk in Yorkshire

Photobucket

Kasper goes mental in this forest, you can hear him panting even when you're stood on the top of the hill, and if a rabbit gets away he whines and yelps like crazy!

Crazy dog running free!

Photobucket

Um...there's not too many more, honest... :blush:
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 8:50pm (Aug 19th 2011)

In the forest, there are sooo many rabbits everywhere you look!

Rockstar Lyle!!!

Photobucket

The view from the viaduct again

Photobucket

The viaduct in the distance from another field!

Photobucket

(next post is the last I promise!)
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 8:53pm (Aug 19th 2011) edited

Lynn, here's the Bronte birthplace for you (I asked one of my other friends if he'd heard of the Bronte's, and he hadn't either!)

Photobucket

And a close-up of the plaque

Photobucket

Last few are from another dog walk

Thornton church :smile:

Okay, that is all! :)
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 10:41pm (Aug 19th 2011)

Welcome back to Yorkshire Red.
    • CommentTimeAug 19th, 2011 11:44pm (Aug 19th 2011)

So glad you're happy in your new home! Aren't families wonderful.
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2011 7:06am (Aug 20th 2011)

Wow Red, what a lovely place you have! Thank you so very much for the pictures of the Bronte family house. How cool!! I can't believe that your friends hadn't heard of the Bronte family either. Have they read the books they wrote? They were required reading when I was in school over here. I loved the books.
    • CommentTimeAug 20th, 2011 5:55pm (Aug 20th 2011)

They SHOULD be required reading...but I don't think the curriculum includes any decent literature now, Lynn; they're even allowed to take their texts into exams with them now!!!!
    Red, your new flat is lovely; I hope you'll all be very very happy there. Congratulations! :heart:
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2011 2:59pm (Aug 21st 2011)

Thanks everybody, it's good to be back :)

Lynn, they've not read any of the books either. CC, the books we studied in English, after about Year 9, were all absolutely terrible and I LOVE reading...
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2011 8:51pm (Aug 21st 2011) edited

We went to my Grandparents for lunch today (which my parents, and I used to, do every Sunday), then afterwards they came back here to fit the kitchen with a new kitchen floor because the old one was apparently 'tatty' (it had a few tears in) :001_rolleyes:

New one looks great now, and they ended up staying right up until tea. Mum was with our dog for about seven hours in total and her allergies were fine, which is cool. Here are some before and after shots!
      new14.jpg
      nail2.jpg
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2011 9:06pm (Aug 21st 2011) edited

This must feel so nice for you and Lyle Red and having all the help from friends and family congratulations I am very happy for you both
    :face-smile: :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 21st, 2011 11:51pm (Aug 21st 2011)

That is a nice improvement Red - your floor looks so much better now! Glad your mom is coping Ok. Does it mean she's been fibbing all these years about being allergic just so that you didn't start your menagerie earlier?!! (Just joking Helen!!)
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2011 3:19am (Aug 22nd 2011)

The floor looks lovely, Red. You are so lucky to have family close by to help you.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd, 2011 6:16pm (Aug 22nd 2011)

Much better! Looks as though 60 Minute Muckup have been in...:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2011 8:40am (Aug 23rd 2011)

Thanks everybody, it's such a gorgeous and all the critters seem to live it too ^__^

Kate, if that was the plan she went about it the wrong way! The only reason I've had so many pets over the years is to try and make up for not having a dog :P

We're going over to my parents for tea tonight which means I'll get to see the chucks, James and Bam (my parents have stolen him because they said he'll stink out our little flat!!). We're going to take him a wheel and some toys over. Can't wait to see my girls again
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2011 9:20am (Aug 23rd 2011)

Oh Red what a lovely set up yout own place nice and handy to your folks and hencam land. I am so happy for you and Lyle.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd, 2011 7:16pm (Aug 23rd 2011)

Thanks TM, it's sure different to Stoke! It's nice to be back in Yorkshire, and Lyle's working on his Yorkshire-ism! Every time he hears me say aye he repeats it :001_rolleyes:
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2011 12:05am (Aug 24th 2011)

It is strange going back home isn't it, sort of 'comfortable'. Glad it's made you so happy - are you feeding Lyle Yorkshire tea? It always brings out the accent in us when we have it at work. Aye!
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2011 5:34pm (Aug 24th 2011)

..and bought 'im a flat cap and showed him how to put t'coal in t'bath. And Kaspar is now a Wilsden Whippet...:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2011 7:41pm (Aug 24th 2011)

Posted By: KatebIt is strange going back home isn't it, sort of 'comfortable'

I took Sara and my children to Coventry last year and showed them the two house,s i grew up in and the parks and shops i used to go to as a child, it was a very strange feeling for me to see it all again but like you said Kate comfortable
    • CommentTimeAug 24th, 2011 8:30pm (Aug 24th 2011) edited

CC, I took a photo of Lyle in a flat cap stood next to a tractor and he sent it to his parents :laugh:

It was weird being back home, actually inside, last night! I haven't been inside since last Christmas (and only then for a week) so it was strange being back - and my bedroom was all bare! I hadn't really spent much time in Wilsden for a few years either, and all the shops have changed and everything...very odd!

I've been showing Lyle the two places in Thornton where I used to live, and my old Nursery is next door which is cool :smile:
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2011 1:45pm (Aug 26th 2011)

CC and Lyle, congratulations to you both. I hope you are all settled in your new home now and that Kasper has got used to seeing so many rabbits.
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2011 6:08pm (Aug 26th 2011)

I'M not living with him - he's seen my housekeeping, he wouldn't have me! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeAug 26th, 2011 6:09pm (Aug 26th 2011)

PS I can't go to Yorkshire anyway - haven't had the injections...
    • CommentTimeAug 30th, 2011 10:20pm (Aug 30th 2011)

:rofl: on both accounts CC...and I'll bet Lyle's just as bad at housekeeping :P
      CommentAuthorChicken Wing
    • CommentTimeSep 1st, 2011 10:32pm (Sep 1st 2011)

Chicken Drumstick and I are off in the morning to......Yorkshire we will be staying at somewhere called Dewsbury. Would be nice if we could call in on Hencam HQ as we will be travelling around for a few days ending up at Whitby.

Really looking forward to the break. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2011 5:57pm (Sep 2nd 2011)

Make sure CD has his shed-breaking equipment and you'll be sure of a warm welcome, CW! When are you coming Down South (Bucks)??
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2011 8:25pm (Nov 8th 2011)

Well, I thought I would resurrect this thread seeing as we are hopefully moving again!

We looked around three houses today, and whilst they were all lovely the one in Cullingworth is gorgeous...so we've asked to start the application process :tooth:

Of course this doesn't mean it is ours at all, but it would be awesome if it all worked out. It's two doors away from where two of our friends live (the ones we stayed with on Halloween, with Kasper), there are two brilliant dog walks in the village that Kasper has been on numerous times, the house is a five minute walk to my nana, and just one bus ride to our market. Oh, we only have neighbours on one side, and our friends have said they are a lovely family with two young girls and are very quiet.

We can't help but be excited, but haven't pinned all our hopes on this property. It's a 2 bed house, with a huge living room, tiny kitchen tacked into a corner of the living room, and a cellar downstairs.
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2011 9:47pm (Nov 8th 2011)

When its just you, Lyle and the animals, I think location is far more important than the layout and size of the house. It sounds like its in a great spot - I hope all goes well. Have you got any more to look at?
    • CommentTimeNov 8th, 2011 10:44pm (Nov 8th 2011) edited

Thanks Kate! We have contacted another agent about another four houses I think, in pretty much the same areas, and are just waiting to hear back if they allow pets.

Location is an incredibly big deal to us, what with having a dog - and especially a dog like Kasper! We have realised living here just how important good, safe dog walks are, and that even in Yorkshire you can wind up in a place where there are no dog walks! It would be lovely to live so close to my nana as well as I absolutely adore her, as do Lyle and the dog :smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 9th, 2011 6:57am (Nov 9th 2011)

Red, it would be lovely if you could get the house that is close to your nana's place. It sounds perfect!
    • CommentTimeNov 9th, 2011 12:37pm (Nov 9th 2011)

Thanks Lynn - fingers crossed! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2011 3:51pm (Nov 11th 2011)

Good luck with the house hunting Red. This time you will find the right place I just know it.
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2011 7:00pm (Nov 11th 2011)

I really hope so TM! We're having to wait 10 days now for our bank statements to be posted out to us *sigh* Can't proceed with the application till that's done. Very annoying! We tried to sign up for online banking so we could print them out instead, but even then they have to send you a letter out with your username on, which can take 7 days, so there's no point...plus they didn't think Lyle was real and asked him to phone them to confirm it!! :laugh:

I just hope the lettings agency doesn't get bored of waiting for us...
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2011 9:31pm (Nov 11th 2011)

Posted By: Redplus they didn't think Lyle was real

Looks real to me Red !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2011 10:15pm (Nov 11th 2011)

Funny how all these folks deny Lyle exists.

Is it 'cos he has an unusual name, or is there something they think they know????

idjits.....
    • CommentTimeNov 11th, 2011 11:42pm (Nov 11th 2011)

Keep the letting agents updated - a quick call to say the bank are posting them out and you'll drop them in. Maybe pop in one day and let them know you're still waiting but are very keen - if they don't hear anything they'll assume you're not interested.

It's very exciting making all of these moves 'with' you!
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2011 7:27pm (Nov 14th 2011)

The house is definitely 100% ours now :tooth: It's even been taken down from all the websites. Good news, just need to complete the application process now. I like that we're not in any real rush to move as we don't need to move out by a certain date; we can take weeks moving all our stuff across if we want :smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2011 9:35pm (Nov 14th 2011)

So the only hold up right now is getting the place you're in, rented out to new people? Great news, Red! I hope all goes well with the move and you can do it ASAP.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2011 10:21pm (Nov 14th 2011)

Well done Red this is good news :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 14th, 2011 10:27pm (Nov 14th 2011)

That's great news Red! It's nice that you can be very relaxed about moving in too and it won't be a big rush. Congrats! (Don't forget the moving in photos!)
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2011 2:41pm (Nov 15th 2011) edited

Thanks everyone :) Yeah that's pretty much it Lynn. We still have a few things left to fill in for the application, which I think will take at least a week or two, but after that we're just hoping somebody wants this place!

Kate, I can post a few photos we were given by the agency. This is the outside...it looks a bit stubby because it's next to the offices, but it's normal-sized :smile: The house to the right is where the family live, and the one after that is the one our friends' are renting!

And living room:

• CommentTimeNov 15th, 2011 6:17pm (Nov 15th 2011)

It looks lovely - and how brilliant to be close to your friends!
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2011 10:49pm (Nov 15th 2011)

What a lovely house! I assume one of the windows to the right of the rental sign is yours and the other the neighbours, or are they both yours?
    • CommentTimeNov 16th, 2011 7:43am (Nov 16th 2011)

It's lovely, Red..it's going to be so nice, to be so close to your friends. I hope all goes well and you will be able to move to this pretty house very soon.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 16th, 2011 9:23am (Nov 16th 2011)

Thanks everyone - our friends are as excited as we are :tooth:

Um, the house begins at the door on the left and carries on to the lampost, before the other house's front door. So we have two upstairs windows and the big downstairs too :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeNov 16th, 2011 4:21pm (Nov 16th 2011)

Red this looks great well done the trouble with me red the room which is close to that street lamp would not be mine i cannot stand any light coming in my room at night time I have black out curtains in my room now and i don't have a light outside !!!!!!!! i am just a bit strange :winktongue: :wink2:
    • CommentTimeNov 16th, 2011 6:36pm (Nov 16th 2011)

...or perhaps a vampire...? :tooth:
    • CommentTimeNov 16th, 2011 11:45pm (Nov 16th 2011)

That's bigger than I thought - fantastic!

My mom used to have black out curtains Lee, because she worked nights. But it was really weird to be in a room with no seepage of light. I didn't like it!
    • CommentTimeNov 17th, 2011 4:58pm (Nov 17th 2011) edited

I used to be exactly the same Lee! When I lived with my parents at first I had black blinds that kept the room dark all night, but when my room got redecorated I got these light slatted blinds that were rubbish. I hated them...then I went to uni and always slept with my curtains open anyway because I was on the top floor and liked watching the sun rise, and it's been the same ever since!

It's a brilliant house, and bigger than we thought it would be too. Only problem is that there isn't any plumbing for a washing machine, which is fine as they've said we can get that done, but no idea where we could have it. The kitchen area by the sink is way too small; it'd be blocking the sink and the stairs. Only other option is the cellar...I think we might just be happy hand washing and using our friend's washing machine to be honest!

The only reason it's irritating is because this is our actual washing machine that my parent's bought for us :001_rolleyes:
    • CommentTimeNov 17th, 2011 7:47pm (Nov 17th 2011)

Research has shown you should sleep in complete blackness for optimum benefit.
    I have fairy lights on the bannisters and that is enough light for the in-the-night forays.
    • CommentTimeNov 18th, 2011 5:52pm (Nov 18th 2011)

Posted By: ollie in UKResearch has shown you should sleep in complete blackness for optimum benefit.

Well that works fine for me at the moment seeing as it's pitch black when I go to bed and only just getting light when I get up :smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2011 7:47am (Nov 20th 2011)

We could have had a complete new topic just on darkness in the bedroom !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2011 9:02am (Nov 20th 2011) edited

Night or day, it goes dark when I shut my eyes!!!:zzzzz-chick:
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2011 1:49pm (Nov 21st 2011)

Not for me seeing as I sometimes sleep with my eyes open Ollie!! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2011 2:00pm (Nov 21st 2011) edited

Ugh Halifax majorly messed up our bank statements (which we need before we can get the keys to the new house) It could be another ten days before they arrive...

We phoned up the letting agents to tell them that Lyle wouldn't be able to send his bank statements in as Halifax are all idiots :smile: The agency said they would phone the landlord and see if s/he will allow us to move in with the guarantor form and my bank statements. That way we could move in end of this week / early next week, and Lyle can take his bank statements in whenever they finally arrive...
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2011 5:00pm (Nov 21st 2011)

O no, what pillocks banks are! Never mind Red,I'm sure it'll sort itself out.
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2011 8:15pm (Nov 21st 2011)

No matter what country you are in, Banks mess up everything, Red. My bank messed up so often, I put them on speed dial.
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2011 10:20pm (Nov 21st 2011)

They're useless! I've never really had a problem with banks before...mind you I haven't asked them to do anything, they've just had my money in an account for years on end!
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2011 11:35pm (Nov 21st 2011)

Likewise Red, but you do find that when you ask for something its like getting blood out of a stone. They take so much of our money yet the service we get back is awful.
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd, 2011 6:39pm (Nov 22nd 2011) edited

Hahaha, very funny news!! We sent a huge complaint email yesterday, stating that we had gone into the bank and they hadn't been helpful, we phoned them up and they were useless, etc etc...and they have given us £25 each for 'Inconvenience and Distress' pay - the bank's are paying us! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

We went to Cullingworth today to see our friends and decided whilst we were there we would go check out routes for Harden moor, a walk we'd be doing with Kasper. There are plenty of places to go (we took him up there recently but went a route that lead to a road and didn't fancy doing that with Kasper every day) and I remembered to take my camera with me and get pics :smile:

The calves were soooo small!
      ard5.jpg
      ard7.jpg
      ard9.jpg
      ard10.jpg
      ard13.jpg
      ard15.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd, 2011 6:53pm (Nov 22nd 2011)

In the third photo you can almost see where our house is, but it's hard to make out unless you really know the area...!

Oh oh also, we're getting the keys this Saturday :bigsmile: So our moving day is Monday
    :cheer:
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd, 2011 11:36pm (Nov 22nd 2011)

I'm so pleased for you Red! What fantastic news! And as for the bank, it's always worth complaining. I thought you'd probably get a tenner, but you did fab!
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2011 2:40am (Nov 23rd 2011)

Red, that is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! now, I don't have to worry about you and Lyle dying from the mold in the bedroom!:woohoo::yay_jump::cheer:

The countryside you'll be taking your dog walks in, is so beautiful, Red.
    I love the view in the third picture down.
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2011 11:43am (Nov 23rd 2011)

Thanks both :bigsmile:

It was gorgeous on't moor a few months back because all the heather was bright purple - I'll have to get a photo next year! It's a great place to go bilberry'ing too...you have to spend a lot longer picking them to get enough to make a pie though haha :P
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd, 2011 4:49pm (Nov 23rd 2011)

bRilliant news about the move - and the wonga!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2011 1:44pm (Nov 25th 2011) edited

Mega busy here - glad we have a few weeks off our market! :smile:
    WE GET THE KEYS TOMORROW :crazy:

Packed quite a few things we can take across in the next few days, and then on Monday we've hired a man with a van to take the big furniture across. If there's anything left after that we can take it across in bits!

I'm glad that you can get unlimited bus tickets for a day, we'll be needing them for the next week! :laugh:
    • CommentTimeNov 26th, 2011 8:11pm (Nov 26th 2011) edited

We got the keys :) It was awesome to go in and be able to say "this is OUR house"...just got to move all our things over now. We were supposed to shift some today, but by the time we got back from signing the keys and taking the dog out again, the weather was HORRIBLE and we were both shattered. It means we have more to do tomorrow though, I don't know how many buses we'll be getting on, laden down with bags :P

I did a little film tour but...it's very poor quality...it's very blurred and bumpy and...I sound like a total doofus :tooth:

• CommentTimeNov 27th, 2011 10:08pm (Nov 27th 2011)

Love it Red you have both done very well its so exciting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 27th, 2011 11:24pm (Nov 27th 2011)

The video was OK for a quick home movie most likely shot on a phone! Was that a cellar?! That second bedroom is just about big enough for Ron! Shouldn't there be a door between the stairs and the kitchen for fire regulations?

Its a weird layout but your bedroom is a lovely size, and the bathroom looked really nice too. And best of all, no mould!!!!
    • CommentTimeNov 28th, 2011 5:13pm (Nov 28th 2011)

Lovely. Happy new home!
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2011 10:21am (Nov 29th 2011)

Ah at last a real place to call home Red.....and a nice pad for Ron!
    • CommentTimeNov 29th, 2011 11:08pm (Nov 29th 2011)

I presume we won't hear much from Red for a while until she gets her internet sorted out!
    • CommentTimeDec 5th, 2011 5:55pm (Dec 5th 2011) edited

Enough snow for you now, Red?
    Kasper must be having a ball!

:weather_snowing::running_dog:
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2011 7:32am (Dec 6th 2011)

Beautiful new home, Red. I love the bedroom. I hope you get internet soon so you can tell us all about your new place.