• CommentTimeSep 7th, 2011 9:37pm (Sep 7th 2011)

I awoke this morning to find Bunty one of my first Ex battery Hens Dead on the bottom of the coop,which was a big shock for me and i should think the rest of the girls to.This is the first time this has ever happened in the 6 years i have kept Hens.she was not suffering from any illness at all she was as fit as a fiddle !!so a big shock to me and very upsetting.
    I guess this is life much as it hurts.

I will miss you Bunty you were great, we will meet again one day i am sure.:heart: :heart:
      DSCF4518.JPG
    • CommentTimeSep 7th, 2011 11:17pm (Sep 7th 2011)

I am so sorry Lee. I suppose with ex-batts you don't know what stresses the hen has gone through that could've shortened her life. To be gone so suddenly with no apparent illness must point to heart failure.

Look at that picture of her though - you can see how happy she is strutting her stuff up and down the grass! She had a taste of freedom and life as it should be, and that is all thanks to you. I know it is still so sad for you and your family though.

Sleep soundly Bunty and scratch hard at the bridge. :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 8th, 2011 10:27am (Sep 8th 2011)

Bye Bye Bunty, what abeautiful girl Lee, you are a champ.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2011 3:33am (Sep 9th 2011)

Lovely pic; looks as though she's wearing a bonnet, bless her! You gave her a chance at real life, Lee, and thanks to you she didn't end her life in a little cramped cage. :heart:
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2011 5:33am (Sep 9th 2011)

She was a beautiful girl, Lee..I'm so very sorry for your loss:heart:..it is a great shock to just find them dead like that..it's happened to me before and it's a terrible shock.
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2011 7:22am (Sep 9th 2011)

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone you are a great bunch of human beings :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 9th, 2011 10:30pm (Sep 9th 2011)

Ah Lee I am so sorry to hear that :( She had a great time with you and she was a beautiful hen.