• CommentTimeOct 31st, 2011 6:33pm (Oct 31st 2011) edited

A huge welcome to Mallory Alice who was born on Sunday. I can hardly wait until Wednesday to go visit her and have a good snuggle. Look at her lovely blond curls, how lucky are we to have another stunning little girl in the family.
      Mallory.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2011 10:34pm (Oct 31st 2011)

She is a beauty NN you must be so proud of her congratulations I hope mother and daughter are doing just great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2011 10:39pm (Oct 31st 2011)

Oh how wonderful NN.
    That so very newborn picture - The translucency of the newborn skin and that wonderful smell. What memories it stirs in me.
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2011 11:24pm (Oct 31st 2011)

Oh NN, she is beautiful! Who does she get those curls from?!

Her name is very unusual - the only Mallory I know of is the race track and I'm sure she isn't named after that. Is there a story behind the name?

Congratulations to you all! :heart:
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2011 11:50pm (Oct 31st 2011)

What a BEAUTIFUL little baby girl, NN!!!!!! Congratulations on your lovely new Granddaughter.
      LW_babyMallory.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 1st, 2011 11:30am (Nov 1st 2011)

Welcome dear little Mallory, what a lovely mop of blonde curls NN. Congrats to all.
    • CommentTimeNov 1st, 2011 4:22pm (Nov 1st 2011)

Curly hair - poor thing! :D You'd better buy her a full set of Mallory Towers books, NN!
    • CommentTimeNov 1st, 2011 11:22pm (Nov 1st 2011)

Mallory Towers????
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2011 8:56am (Nov 2nd 2011)

Congrats on the new arrival :tooth:

I read Mallory Towers! They were some of the old books at my nana's when I was a kid...it was a boarding school, right...? I'm struggling to remember...
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2011 5:08pm (Nov 2nd 2011)

Enid Blyton, about a girls' boarding school. I was desperate to go to boarding school because of reading them...but would probably have hated it! :rolling: Can't believe you never read them, Kate! But then I read everything EB ever wrote I think. Shame I never felt the same about Dickens or Dostoevsky!
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2011 11:00pm (Nov 2nd 2011)

No, they completely passed me by! I used to read Dr Doolittle as a child and went to the mobile library every week so can't believe I never saw them!

How is she doing NN? Did you go to see her today?
    • CommentAuthorShobhna
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2011 12:59pm (Nov 4th 2011)

NN, Congratulations to you.
    What a lovely name.

CC, I too read all the books by EB. I think I read every book I laid my hands on in those days.
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2011 6:50pm (Nov 4th 2011)

Hi every one and thank you for your lovely comments, I went to see her Wednesday and she is so adorable, we are all thrilled to bits.
      m.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2011 6:57pm (Nov 4th 2011) edited

I asked about the name Mallory as like you Kate I thought about Mallory park and Clare had never heard of that !!! It was just an unusual name that they both liked. I had forgotten all about the Mallory towers books CC. Thank you for reminding me I will get her a set for sure. I loved Enid Blyton books and was an avid reader of any thing, I would even read the sauce HP sauce label while I ate !!!
    Anyhow here is a rare photo of me with her, and thats only cos I love her so much I just so hate having my picture taken so make the most of it, cos you won't see many !!!!!
      nanny and Mallory.jpg
    • CommentTimeNov 4th, 2011 10:37pm (Nov 4th 2011)

She is absolutely beautiful NN! I love the way newborns look like they have a healthy tan. She just looks absolutely perfect - that lovely button nose. Very munchable!
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2011 5:30pm (Nov 5th 2011)

Why is she asleep all the time - are you working her too hard, NN? :)
    I've just checked uyp, and Malory Towers is ONE L not two, like your little Mallory. But I don't spect she'll mind!
    • CommentTimeNov 5th, 2011 5:56pm (Nov 5th 2011)

NN, she really is beautiful..and so are you by the way. Mallory is a lovely name..I've met a couple of people with that name over the years and always thought is was a pretty name.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 12:58am (Dec 20th 2011)

Look at Aurelia playing peek a boo with Mallory so cute !!
      Peek a Boo.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 4:53pm (Dec 20th 2011)

NN, what beautiful grandchildren you have, sure is a cute picture.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 5:47pm (Dec 20th 2011)

Ahh that is so cute - Aurelia looks so grown up next to Mallory!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 8:55pm (Dec 20th 2011)

M looks decidedly unimpressed...a bit spooked, in fact!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 10:55pm (Dec 20th 2011)

They are very sweet NN. I think Mallory is thinking "how does she disappear so quickly! I was looking right at her then *poof* gone!"
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2011 8:45am (Dec 21st 2011)

Lovely pic NN.
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2011 12:44am (Dec 23rd 2011)

Woop-woop!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJan 4th, 2012 6:34pm (Jan 4th 2012)

Look at our sweet baby now, Nine weeks old and she is just so gorgeous. I just adore her.
      smile.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 4th, 2012 8:55pm (Jan 4th 2012)

What a lovely picture NN! She looks such a happy baby.
    • CommentTimeJan 4th, 2012 9:02pm (Jan 4th 2012)

NN, what a BEAUTIFUL baby!!!!! Who wouldn't adore that little darling. I love her eyes!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJan 5th, 2012 11:59am (Jan 5th 2012)

what a dear little poppet NN just lovely.
    • CommentTimeJan 5th, 2012 6:06pm (Jan 5th 2012)

That looks full of mischief to me; someone's going to have their hands full!
    • CommentTimeJan 5th, 2012 6:53pm (Jan 5th 2012)

Oh what a gorgeous smile :)