• CommentTimeDec 11th, 2011 9:29am (Dec 11th 2011) edited

I really liked last year's thread where everyone posted pictures of their tree, so here is this year's!

To start us off, here's my big sister's (and her husband Mark, and kids Aidan, Fran and Kay!)

And the obligatory chicken decoration!

• CommentTimeDec 11th, 2011 2:27pm (Dec 11th 2011)

I like that chicken!!! Just reprint my pic I sent last year - mine always looks the same!
    • CommentTimeDec 11th, 2011 6:10pm (Dec 11th 2011)

Mine looks about the same every year too, but as soon as I can find my camera I'll take another picture.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 11th, 2011 6:59pm (Dec 11th 2011)

I put mine up today and I hate it. :face-sad: it looks dull and miserable. I think I need to throw all my decorations away and buy some new ones!
    • CommentTimeDec 12th, 2011 9:33am (Dec 12th 2011)

Aww I bet it's not Kate, maybe you just need some rat baubles or chicken decorations? :-)

Helen got a lot of her baubles (ooer!) last year from Ikea they were a lot cheaper than most places...
    • CommentTimeDec 12th, 2011 10:58pm (Dec 12th 2011)

I've got a ton of baubles, just got fed up putting them on the tree! I can never decide what 'theme' (for want of a better word) I want for it, so it looks really messy. Then I make the mistake of going to the local garden centre to see what they're like there and come away feeling very inferior!!!

I get really grumpy after being scratched over and over by the branches too, but at least it meant I tidied out the cupboard under the stairs to get at the tree. Maybe I should post a picture of my tidy(ier) cupboard!
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2011 1:56am (Dec 13th 2011)

Tha's athought Kate and we can applaud your tidy cupboard.

Here is this years effort. Not that good at taking pics but you get the idea.

Photobucket
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2011 1:48pm (Dec 13th 2011)

Is that a festive reindeer I see? :)
    • CommentAuthorCheshireChicken
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2011 2:19pm (Dec 13th 2011)

Hi, I am new here. I just wanted to share with you the best X-mas decoration ever. A very special Nativity Set with Stew as the little Baby Jesus in the manger.
    She has a broken leg and is currently enjoying bed rest and pampering.:milly_hen:
      stew2.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2011 9:43pm (Dec 13th 2011)

• CommentTimeDec 13th, 2011 11:03pm (Dec 13th 2011)

That explains why she couldn't walk then! She looks very festive in her straw 'manger' in front of the tree. I hope she gets better soon and doesn't get too used to all the pampering and attention!
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2011 11:05pm (Dec 13th 2011)

Both of the light fixtures in the living room have stopped working - doesn't bode well in a 4 year old house does it! The only light we have is the TV and the christmas tree so I'm glad I put it up after all. Have 'borrowed' the lamp from the bedroom for a bit of added light.
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 7:12am (Dec 14th 2011)

Was the Secondary School carol concert last night, quite nice....

Their Christmas tree was beautiful but the star at the top had a photo on it of THE HEAD MISTRESS.
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 2:26pm (Dec 14th 2011) edited

CheshireChicken, that is fab (apart from poor Stew's broken leg of course!) - so cute!

We have some glass chicken baubles but definitely as good as the real thing.

Posted By: ollie in UKLooks like she's going to have a much better Christmas than a lot of other fowl.

Too true. :-)

Helen's favourite decoration on our tree:

• CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 7:30pm (Dec 14th 2011)

Kate, your house should be covered by the NHBC still at that age. Contact them! Or the builder in the first instance.
    Stew is lovely. And if you think she's going back outside in a cold henhouse when her leg's better...!
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 11:15pm (Dec 14th 2011)

Hi Cheshire chicken sorry to hear about your little hens leg. She looks so sweet there in front of the tree.

Some lovely trees already this year I haven't done mine yet but hopefully will start this weekend all being well. Tim has made me some lovely Germans stars that I am having to keep away from the cats until I can get them up
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 11:22pm (Dec 14th 2011)

That's a very novel fairy for the tree Neil!

What are German stars NN? Look forward to seeing a picture of them and your tree.

Not sure about the cover we have CC, certain things are only covered for 2 years, but its worth asking. Don't know why I didn't think of that! We went to B&Q and got new fittings and 2 normal bayonet bulbs that are a darn sight brighter than the ones we had in. £15 and its sorted. (We couldn't agree on a pair of nice new lights - I don't think hubby realised how expensive they are!)
    • CommentAuthorRonald
    • CommentTimeDec 17th, 2011 3:29am (Dec 17th 2011)

CommentAuthorBellmactom
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2011 10:16am (Dec 18th 2011) edited

Just like Helen, Belle's favourite part of our tree........... the topper
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2011 7:59am (Dec 19th 2011)

Here is our front room tree and Dodger decided he had to get in on the photo.
      2011-12-15 17.05.26.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2011 4:40pm (Dec 19th 2011)

Looks as though he's lining up one of the tree baubles to me! :D
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2011 6:38pm (Dec 19th 2011)

Your Absolutely right CC he had already destroyed 3 by this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :face-sad:
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2011 11:11pm (Dec 19th 2011)

Wow, Shaun has only managed to destroy 2 of mine! Dog beats baby again!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 12:18am (Dec 20th 2011)

Awww look at little Dodger, Bless him. You are right CC he has his eye on that Gold bauble for sure. So far this year my cats have been good and left every thing alone.
    I love the Mac'c tree topper and Helen's decoration are they Jessica Rabbit ?
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 12:22am (Dec 20th 2011) edited

As most of you know I love Christmas and doing my decorations so do tend to go over the top a tiny bit !! They are similar to last years although I have redone most of it..... so here you go. First off my mantle piece and opposite wall.
      mantle.jpg
      opp wall.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 12:25am (Dec 20th 2011) edited

Close up of one of the big wreaths and Sootz lending a helpful paw
      wreath.jpg
      sootz.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 12:27am (Dec 20th 2011) edited

Here is my tree fairy she is sixty five now and very special. and finally the tree its self.
      fairy.jpg
      tree.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 12:31am (Dec 20th 2011)

Oh I meant to say thank you Ron for the lovely card, I really enjoyed seeing it.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 5:14pm (Dec 20th 2011)

Your decorations are so pretty, NN..you always have the nicest looking trees.
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 5:25pm (Dec 20th 2011) edited

Hiya everyone - I felt my first post on return should be a festive one :bigsmile:

And I have tons of pics so shall start with the tree ones...!

If it looks close to the roof, that's because it is...we got a 6 foot tree and had to chip quite a bit off! We also ran out of tinsel as you can see; we're used to having a tiny one! :laugh: Kasper's not too interested in our tree, 'cos it's on a table I think. He was terrified when we first got it out and was decorating it, he wouldn't come near us...I think he's had a bad experiene with Christmas trees in the past :(

I like that Dodger's found a way to the tree, Lee :rolling:
      ..36.jpg
      ..37.jpg
      ..38.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 5:31pm (Dec 20th 2011) edited

And here are some of our festive Christmas treats too - the purple splodges are cranberries :)
      ..28.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 8:57pm (Dec 20th 2011)

Lovely - everyone's so creative!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 10:52pm (Dec 20th 2011)

Do you make new wreaths each year NN, or are they the same ones re-touched? They look fab, and Sootz obviously approves!

Maybe Kasper just thinks a tree should be out there in the garden for him to pee up rather than in the house!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2011 8:38am (Dec 21st 2011)

Lovely trees and decs and pics everyone. Stew get well and heal up soon she looks so cute in basket.
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2011 8:03pm (Dec 22nd 2011)

Posted By: RedI like that Dodger's found a way to the tree, Lee

He thinks he is a Goat Red. Great to have you back. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2011 9:14pm (Dec 22nd 2011) edited

Not trees....but on a Christmas theme.... I got my Christmas cakes finished today, the first one is for a gift and the second one is mine. Took ages making the penguins. I made a few spare then felt sorry for the ones that were left behind so added them all in the end !!!!!
      cake1.jpg
      cake 2.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2011 9:18pm (Dec 22nd 2011) edited

When you are little and Christmas is just soooo exciting that you could almost strangle Rudolf Then it all gets too much and you are just sooooo tired but dont want to nod off and miss anything. Thats when only a Nanny Chick Chick understands and makes you a special tent to have forty winks in.
      lol.jpg
      tent.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd, 2011 11:09pm (Dec 22nd 2011)

Your cakes are so lovely NN!

How did you get her to have a nap?! We can't even get Caitlyn to sit down, never mind doze off - it's very rare nowadays. Wonder if a special tent would help her too? I love the names they have for us too - Nanny chick-chick is great! Caitlyn calls her other nan nanny Jess (after the dog). A friend last week made the mistake of saying to her "is this your grandma?" and pointing to me. She replied "no, grandma is grandad's mommy. This is nanny".
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2011 12:32am (Dec 23rd 2011)

NN, your cakes are sooooo pretty..and I love the tent you made! Wonderful pictures!:face-smile:
      CommentAuthorJonny
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2011 1:20am (Dec 23rd 2011)

Alas no tree here... :( Only I would be here to appreciate it...

I like living by your trees anyways. :)

Jonny!
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2011 6:32pm (Dec 23rd 2011)

Bless her :)

We've officially got all our pressies under the tree now...looks very festive! Just gotta find some Christmassy catch-up things to watch now :tooth:
      ..48.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2011 6:52pm (Dec 23rd 2011)

Your cakes are fantastic, NN - and the laudanum in it evidently worked putting her ladyship to sleep...:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2011 8:15pm (Dec 23rd 2011)

Thank you one and all.
    Poor little mite was totally worn out Kate, she had been at her Nanna Pat's for a week and couldn't settle down to sleep there,so didn't need a lot of encouragement, just the odd Christmas ornament for company and a little shack of her own !!!!
    Yes it is funny what they like to call you. Her Mum always wanted her to call me Nanny North and her Mum Nanna South, but she wasn't having any of that and came up with her own names. I introduced her to Peggy the other day and said this is Aurelia and she quickly said Yes and this is my Nanny Chick Chick !!!! SO Nanny North isn't really Nanny North sorry about that must be a bit like finding out there isn't really an Easter Bunny !!!
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2011 8:37pm (Dec 23rd 2011)

You will always be the one and only Nanny North to us 'Unforgettable' and incredibly talented

:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd, 2011 8:42pm (Dec 23rd 2011)

Hee hee thank you Lee, I got time to play now I am retired so that helps a little bit.
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd, 2012 4:39am (Jan 2nd 2012)

NN lovely cakes and cute pic of grand daughter too.

Jonny where you been buddy? we haven't heard from you in ages!!!!! Good to hear from you.
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd, 2012 11:37pm (Jan 2nd 2012)

My tree is back in the cupboard under the stairs and living room back to normal. Feels so much better!
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd, 2012 5:51am (Jan 3rd 2012)

Me too Kate, I suddenly feel all closed in and horrid if the tree is up for too long especially as we are having a heat wave here. I do love Christmas though.
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd, 2012 12:20pm (Jan 3rd 2012)

We usually have ours up half the year after christmas, but might have to take it down so the table can be moved easier by floor-guy...
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd, 2012 5:20pm (Jan 3rd 2012)

I don't take ours down until the very very very last second!
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd, 2012 7:21pm (Jan 3rd 2012) edited

I took my tree down yesterday...I hate to see it go..I kinda love Christmas:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd, 2012 9:40pm (Jan 3rd 2012)

I really WANTED to love Christmas this year, and preferred it to most years, but still didn't quite get into the whole spirit of it. Will try harder next Christmas. (Remind me about this in, er, October time will you?!)
    • CommentTimeJan 4th, 2012 3:10am (Jan 4th 2012)

I'll email you in October, Kate:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJan 4th, 2012 3:56pm (Jan 4th 2012)

I didn't enjoy Christmas at all this year, for the first time ever. Ruined by Borlase school & illness. But THIS year I'm going to go mad to make up for last year. :tooth:
    • CommentTimeJan 4th, 2012 6:22pm (Jan 4th 2012)

So sorry that you didn't enjoy Christmas this year Kate and CC.
    I think this little tinkerbell made mine a more special than it usually is. She is looking as if she is on a cunning mission with those red eyes though !!!
      tinkerbell.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 4th, 2012 9:09pm (Jan 4th 2012)

I love your little Tinkerbell, NN! She does look like she's up to something.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2012 7:45pm (Jan 8th 2012)

She looks wonderful NN !!!!!!!! :face-smile: