• CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 10:28pm (Dec 14th 2011) edited

Hi every one, sorry I haven't been about much of late been right busy, what with one thing and another but.... I just had to share these images with you all, they are just to cute to keep to myself.
      seal 1.jpg
      seal2.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 10:32pm (Dec 14th 2011) edited

Grandad North is on holiday this week and I asked him to take me to Donna Nook to see the seals. It was so special to see them in the wild and so close.
      seal3.jpg
      seal4.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 10:33pm (Dec 14th 2011) edited

I got so many pictures and they are all special it was had to choose what to show you
      seal5.jpg
      seal6.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 10:37pm (Dec 14th 2011) edited

It was real cold and we had to wrap up warm, my hands almost snapped off with the cold as I needed to use my camera and my gloves got in the way. The pups were so fat with blubber they didn't take any notice of the cold wind.
      seal7.jpg
      seal8.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 10:52pm (Dec 14th 2011) edited

They are quite curious and not at all afraid. The beach is fenced off to keep every one safe. A lot of the pups were snuggled up along the fence line.
      seal10.jpg
      seals9.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 10:54pm (Dec 14th 2011) edited

The pups have sharp claws and a good set of teeth !!!
      seal11.jpg
      seal12.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 10:56pm (Dec 14th 2011)

I do hope the enjoyed seeing them, I still got more to go through so if you want more just say !!!!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2011 11:17pm (Dec 14th 2011)

Oh NN, you've outdone yourself this time! They are wonderful!!! Where is Donna Nook? I've never heard of it.

The seals are so cute - every picture is lovely but that one of the pup with it's mom is very special. Thank you for sharing. x
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2011 12:03am (Dec 15th 2011) edited

Thank you Kate, my pooter crashed when you were on line so sorry I disapeared on you. Hopefully Hubby has fixed it now as it had crashed twice before.

Glad you liked the images I got pictures of the adults as well but the pups were just the sweetest little dears.

Donna Nook is along the Linconshire coast above Mablethorpe. The RAF does practise bombing at sea there, but hold off while the seal pups are born and until they are all old enough to go out to sea.
    The Mamma seal was so beautiful here she is again just for you
      mommy seal.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2011 8:03am (Dec 15th 2011)

WOW, NN..those are such wonderful pictures!!!!!!! I LOVE the seals, the little ones are sooo cute..well they are all cute, but the babies are just so darling.

It's good to see you back with us again. You have been missed!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2011 5:25pm (Dec 15th 2011)

:heart:! I wonder if we could fit a seal into our bird bath...? :)
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2011 7:34pm (Dec 15th 2011)

Thank you Lynn I guessed you would like the pictures. I would have loved to fetch one home as well CC. They are quite big though. I must admit I didn't realise just how big they would be.
      CommentAuthorBellmactom
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2011 10:34pm (Dec 15th 2011)

Your numb fingers are very much appreciated cos it allowed you to share your photo's, they are beautiful, and the pups are just adorable :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2011 11:38pm (Dec 15th 2011)

Its amazing how 'downy' the mom is. Usually the photos of them make them look like leather. Did you get to touch one at all or is that frowned on most severely? Or is it a dangerous venture looking at the teeth of those babies!
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2011 7:01pm (Dec 19th 2011)

Fantastic again NN Kate is right you have really excelled yourself this time, absolutely brilliant !!!!!!!!!!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 12:49am (Dec 20th 2011) edited

Thank you all for your kind comments. I so enjoyed getting these ones and I do love sharing my pictures with you all. I haven't been out far to take any for a while but hopefully will be up and about with camera ready again fairly soon.
    They dont like you touching the pups Kate as it can be distressing for them as so many go to visit also the mums could leave them if they dont smell right. The other thing is they are quite capable of giving a nasty bite they just look so cute with their liquid eyes it is hard to remember that they are wild animals. The big old Bull seals can move on land with surprising speed and can be very agressive as they want to mate before the females return to the sea. They all had bloody necks where they had been competing with each other. Here is an image of one getting a real good sleep !!
      bull.jpg
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 5:49pm (Dec 20th 2011)

Wow awesome pics! That Bull seal is very impressive looking and those pups are soooo cute!
    • CommentTimeDec 20th, 2011 11:16pm (Dec 20th 2011)

I thought as much NN, but wondered if they were more accepting of humans being in such close contact a lot of the time.

I'd never heard of Donna Nook before, but was watching a programme on TV tonight (think it was Gethin Jones and a lady) and they mentioned it!
    • CommentTimeDec 21st, 2011 8:47am (Dec 21st 2011)

oh NN just beautiful, nature is wonderful. Thank you.