• CommentTimeApr 8th, 2012 6:33pm (Apr 8th 2012)

Photobucket

It had a massive lake and we brought some bread to feed the ducks - not that there were interested at all!

Photobucket

A few of the ducks sluggishly gave it a quick go...

Photobucket

But most of it was left!

I loved these two :smile:

Photobucket

"Just off to the tearoom!" :rolling:

Outside

Branches against the sky

Outside of the window

Photobucket

Inside of the window - I really like this pic!

Photobucket

PS I'm not done yet, sorry about the hundreds of pics!
    • CommentTimeApr 8th, 2012 6:36pm (Apr 8th 2012) edited

In the butterfly room waiting for a friend to have her face painted :laugh:

Walking around the gardens

Photobucket

I don't know why I took a photo of this, but strangely enough I kind of like it!

Photobucket

From across the gardens...

Photobucket

The crop circle in the overflow carpark!

Photobucket

I just like that I got a duck stretching his wings hahaha!

Odd building

Another tree (sorry!!)

Photobucket

And finally my friend's bunny called Charlie - it is Easter after all! :bigsmile:

Happy Easter everyone!
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2012 6:35am (Apr 9th 2012)

Beautiful pics Red, that building is fantastic so much atmosphere. Don't ever say sorry, please, you have a talent and I am so glad you share your pics with us.

The ducks are a really pretty colour too.

The trees without their leaves look so moody. It just shows that trees make excellent subjects in autumn/winter too, not just with all their clothes on.

I love that darling rabbit, how appropriate.:face-smile:
    Hope everyone had a pleasanrt easter.
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2012 10:20am (Apr 9th 2012) edited

Yes the architecture was amazing, I LOVE looking at old impressively built buildings, and I adore taking photos of them...it was a nice place, the only problem was the entrance fee - £5.70 to walk around a few dingy rooms!! Considering one of my favourite museums is Bolling Hall ( http://archive.bolling.net/bhall.html ) which is just as good, if not better, and free...I was very disappointed and slightly annoyed. But oh well, it's not like I'll go there again in any time soon :smile:

I love how orange and vibrant the ducks are, especially the white ones' bills! Trees are another favourite of mine to snap against a backdrop of the sky...I think they look very atmospheric!
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2012 11:26am (Apr 9th 2012)

Ah, Bolling Hall.
    I studied and drew that lovely place for my Art GCE A level. I could draw the front elevation from memory - think that's what got me the ticket.
    They had Cromwell's death mask at that time. I was mightily impressed, think it's been moved on now.

I still like architecture.
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2012 5:06pm (Apr 9th 2012)

Great pics Red, thanks for sharing!

I don't think the duck is going to the tea room, I think he's off to the shop to get some soup to go with all that bread!!!!
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2012 10:12pm (Apr 9th 2012) edited

Ah you know Bolling Hall Ollie!! I LOVE Bolling Hall, been going since I was a baby :)

I was there before the Ghost Room was open, whilst it was being built, and still go now! I know all the ghost stories about the place, the staff and security guards have all told me them over the years, awesome! :bigsmile:

Haha, thanks Kate!
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2012 5:36pm (Apr 10th 2012)

Ooo, what's the Ghost Room about?
    • CommentTimeApr 10th, 2012 11:20pm (Apr 10th 2012) edited

Ah, it's awesome! I don't remember the proper story with all the names though :(

It was during a Civil War I think (?) and the Earl was annoyed because Bradford wasn't doing what he wanted, so he said he was gonna kill everybody in Bradford, men, women, children, everybody.

He was woken in the night by a ghost at the foot of the bed saying "Pity poor Bradford! Pity poor Bradford!" and he completely changed his mind and promised only to kill those who deserved it and fought him...okay, told really badly, but that's the gist of it :smile:

But there's loads of other creepy cool stories about the place too...the bloodstain on the floor you can only see from the balcony which is apparently from where a husband got jealous and chucked his wife off and she cracked her head open and died there.

There's supposedly an underground tunnel leading from the house to somewhere in Bradford city centre but nobody has ever found it.

There's one room where several night-shift watchmen have reported a chair being lifted on top of the piano (this has happened A LOT and loads of guards have freaked and left after seeing 'people' walking around the place at night too) and the other thing is the old Grandfather clocks chiming either when they don't work, or at completely the wrong time :bigsmile:

Bolling Hall is the most haunted place in West Yorkshire (or was it Yorkshire??) and I think they now offer guests to stay over at night if you dare, although obviously you have to pay for that :tooth:
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2012 12:24pm (Apr 11th 2012)

Ooooooeeeer! I do love a good ghost story.
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2012 12:34pm (Apr 11th 2012)

The ghost room is such an ominous looking room...it has a real atmosphere. Once we were in there and there was a staff member hidden behind the door making ghost noises and banging on the door! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeApr 11th, 2012 5:55pm (Apr 11th 2012)

I'd freak out if people put a chair on the piano!! :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 12th, 2012 7:34pm (Apr 12th 2012)

Especially if it was an antique one :laugh: