Site Tag Cloud

CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 8:29am (Dec 18th 2007) edited

no longer a member

neil how do you get links to other websites to work..

ie; a hyperlink to another forum of page of a website ?

anyone?

so if I want to show you my regular forum I would type it in and it would go to a hyperlink automatically

www.5ive-o.com
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 12:33pm (Dec 18th 2007)

erm, it's normal html, so as long as you have "format comments as: HTML", then just use normal anchor tags.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 2:36pm (Dec 18th 2007) edited

no longer a member

Huh what ever thast means ???? Anchor tags ?

I am in HTML on Format comments

I copy and paste the link and it does not appear as a Link to click on ??
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 3:01pm (Dec 18th 2007)

But copying it and pasting it into the browser address bar works OK, so don't worry!
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 6:42pm (Dec 18th 2007) edited

Sorry, I'm surrounded by Internet web designers/developers all day so didn't explain myself very clearly!

An anchor tag is simply <a href='http://www.batteryhens.co.uk' target='_blank'>click me to visit batteryhens</a>

Most forums don't allow HTML as it's often abused for link spamming etc...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 8:32pm (Dec 18th 2007) edited

If you use this html code (below-just a slight addition to what Neil wrote) then the new web site will open without taking the reader out of our beloved hen site:

<a href='www.batteryhens.co.uk' target='_blank'>HenAbuse</a>

Note: The first insert (www.batteryhens.co.uk) is where you type in the address of the site. The second insert (HenAbuse) is where you write in what you want to name it.

If you want, just copy either Neil's html code (last post) or mine here into a word document. Then you can copy and paste it back into any forum post where you need it and make the address and name replacements...

By the way, I believe anchor tags are the <a> </a> which are code for 'it starts here and stops here' - is that right Neil? I've learned all my html by the seat of my pants so I'm often wrong...
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2007 9:14pm (Dec 18th 2007)

Wow Diane, you go girl!! IT guru in the making!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 8:09am (Dec 19th 2007)

I'm an IT ! :)
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 1:31pm (Dec 19th 2007) edited

no longer a member

ooooooooooooooooooooooh Diane you are so knowledgeable.... I am proud to be of your aquaintance

You are IT HOP and WHOOT go girl go
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 4:46pm (Dec 19th 2007)

Oh yeah, please do add the target='_blank' in any links you post..... :) I forgot :\
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 6:17pm (Dec 19th 2007)

'Scuse me, was any of that English? I've understood about one word in ten on this thread...don't know why I read it, really! ;)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 19th, 2007 7:13pm (Dec 19th 2007) edited

Good to hear Neil - I wondered later if there was some (virus related) reason you might have wanted to leave it out! Whew.

Thanks Wazza! Always good to be adored by the police :)
      CommentAuthorLuke
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2008 5:20pm (Jan 6th 2008) edited

For some strange reason I can't post links/insert images anymore?
    HenAbuse
    I've got the comments Formatted as Html and it still dont work?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2008 7:10pm (Jan 6th 2008)

Let me see if it works where I am...

HenAbuse
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2008 7:11pm (Jan 6th 2008)

Hmmm... Looks like its with you Luke ?
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2008 9:47pm (Jan 6th 2008)

So Red's going to dish the dirt - great! If we can help just let us know. Good luck!
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2008 9:54pm (Jan 6th 2008) edited

What a dope! I just read back up and realised the link was posted in Dec! I thought it was chat about how to post links and didn't realise it was to that site so never checked it out. I really should take more time and care over reading the posts!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2008 2:42am (Jan 7th 2008) edited

A few more smiley's :D

Sad with tears.
    :'( the code follows, just take out the spaces : ' (

<3 (its a heart. Doesn't work in this forum.)

: (I) (and a monkey! Really wish this one worked!)

:> (and now for my invention - THE HEN!)
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2008 2:58pm (Jan 7th 2008) edited

Oo, I like the hen...it's a bit like the badge I designed for the Ancient Order of the Rubber Chicken! A was the beak, O was the head, R was the comb and C was the eye.
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2008 6:35pm (Jan 7th 2008)

I could've incorporated that into The Blanket if I'd seen it before finishing!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2008 6:48pm (Jan 7th 2008)

LOL - funny funny women. Do you realize The Blanket has kind of replaced The CD? ;)
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2008 6:49pm (Jan 7th 2008)

So what will supercede The Blanket?!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2008 6:50pm (Jan 7th 2008)

NOTHING - ever. Parish the thought!! (The CD had kind of burned out...)
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2008 7:03pm (Jan 7th 2008)

More melted away than burned out! :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2008 7:04pm (Jan 7th 2008)

Thanks for noticing my pun - he he.
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2008 8:04pm (Jan 7th 2008)

I don't have to come here to have my cooking insulted, you know; there's hundreds of people here in Buckinghamshire to do that! :D
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2008 4:58am (Jan 8th 2008)

CC. You know. Hmmm. I think I've laughed to the full extent of the joke and then. Well. There YOU come - and every unfortunate in my proximity has to instantly decide between covering their ears and saving the drums therein or clutching their hearts in shock.
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2008 10:22am (Jan 8th 2008)

no longer a member

well I can defo say her Bics taste nice and the tea is tasty.. will try CC's cooking next time what will we have Roast ********** ???
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2008 4:29pm (Jan 8th 2008)

I have never cooked a roast in my life - can't handle the timimg. It'd be a 14 course meal if I did - 'Right, the gravy's ready; pint or half?...peas are done, how many spoons?...how hard do you like your spuds?....etc., etc.