• CommentAuthorzz9zzzalpha
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2012 12:57pm (Jun 20th 2012)

Today Karen brought in the smallest egg we have had:cute-chick:. We know it was laid by one of the Warrens by the colour. The Warrens normally lay large brown eggs but this is probibly a 1/3rd of their normal size. Any thoughts:confused1:
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2012 4:07pm (Jun 20th 2012)

Beginning / end of a laying season, sudden change in weather or very hot weather...it's usually nothing to worry about and, if you're in the UK which I *think* you are, then yes at the moment it's probably caused by the weather! They can happen for no reason, too...we've had small eggs, gigantic eggs, eggs with wrinkles, rubber shells, fart (hollow) eggs...all met with much amusement :bigsmile:

I think someone else asked about this recently on the forum...
    • CommentTimeJun 20th, 2012 4:30pm (Jun 20th 2012)

Me! Someone laid a Cadbury's mini-egg sized one last week.
    • CommentTimeJun 21st, 2012 8:38pm (Jun 21st 2012)

I thought so :smile: Gotta love the odd eggs!
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2012 10:41pm (Aug 13th 2012)

Having some fantastic weather here.... WE (family) having a couple of weeks at the huge villa, with all mod-cons, on The Alcarve, that we rent when we can save up enough.

High 30's Friday and Saturday, then cooler to mid 30's.

Really nice, though we did have a couple of days before this in the UK that were good too.
    :sun::sun::sun:
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2012 4:13pm (Aug 14th 2012)

Glad you're enjoying the weather Ollie: come back brown and slightly crispy at the edges!
    • CommentTimeAug 14th, 2012 11:32pm (Aug 14th 2012)

And bring some of that sunshine with you!!!
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2012 5:21am (Aug 16th 2012)

I could send you some sunshine, Kate..it was 90F degrees here and it's going to get upper 90's for the next couple of days..I don't do well in the heat. We did finally get the new chicken pens done, so I won't have to stand outside in the sun and sweat all day..only took Don and me 2 months to get them all done..gawd..it's hell to get old..I can't do a lot of the things I use to be able to do, or I can do them, but it takes me forever. Still haven't taken any pictures of them. I'll wait till it cools off a bit.
    :weather_hot:
    • CommentTimeAug 16th, 2012 11:19pm (Aug 16th 2012)

I was reading about the heat waves you've been having - seems like you have our sun and we've got your rain! If only it could be balanced out, then we'd all be happy. Not sure I'd want 90+ degrees (I'm sure CC won't!) but a bit more than we've got would be nice!
    :weather_rain: