• CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 1:33am (Oct 14th 2012)

I now have two new fur babies.... I got them for Aurelia and Aprilia but mostly for myself to be honest ha ha. They are New Zealand whites and are four months old. Grandad North built them a nice big mansion and they are allowed to run free on the patio when we are at home.
      bracken and willow.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 1:34am (Oct 14th 2012)

These pictures are when we first brought them home this is Aurelia with her bunny Bracken
      brac.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 1:37am (Oct 14th 2012)

And this is Aprilia's bunny Willow with Aurelia and myself
      happy bunnies.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 1:40am (Oct 14th 2012)

Aprilia is only six months old and as she was asleep at the time she got left out on the pictures. They have settled in well and get up to all sorts of tricks and are a joy to watch as they skip about and play. I will post more pictures soon
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 3:23pm (Oct 14th 2012)

What dear little bunnies, NN...and what a darling granddaughter you have!! I'd love to see a picture of Aprilia.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 4:35pm (Oct 14th 2012)

They're lovely bunnies, NN - I have 2 new bunnies since we spoke last and one of them, Fred, is just like your 2 except with red eyes (because he is a devil rabbit. He was eating Eric's shed door this afternoon...).
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 6:17pm (Oct 14th 2012)

So pleased to hear about your new bunnies CC. I was very sad when I heard about you loosing your others. Ha ha Fred sounds to be just like my two. I caught Bracken nibbling away at a breeze block the other day. it was one of the ones that hold up the waterbutt so I spos I got to watch out in case it gets too bad. I would love to see pictures of them.
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 6:24pm (Oct 14th 2012)

Thank you Lynn they are huge already so goodness knows how big they will be when grown up. I choose a large breed as we get hawks round here and would be scared to let a smaller breed run free. Luckily I found a breeder at Pleasly wich is right on our doorstep. He had them on his allotment so they are used to eating all manner of spare vegies and such. Here are a couple of photos of Aprilia that you asked for
      Aprilia.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 6:25pm (Oct 14th 2012)

She loves to ride in her buggy with her feet up it makes every one laugh
      Aps.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 6:26pm (Oct 14th 2012)

Here is a cute one of Aurelia I dont have her so much now she has started full time school.
      cheeky monkey.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 14th, 2012 10:33pm (Oct 14th 2012)

Your bunnies and your granddaughters are adorable NN! I so missed your photos when you were away. Those bunnies are going to be big aren't they! I'm looking forward to 'growing' pictures.

Aprilia is so cute, and funny with that legs-up pose! We found a picture last week of my son when he was 3 and Shaun is a dead-ringer for him. Caitlyn doesn't believe its her dad and insists its Shaun! It really is like watching him grow up again.

Caitlyn is at school full-time too now. I must say I am very impressed with her handwriting - the teacher says its the best in the class, and that she is a very popular member of the class. I can well believe that. She was very shy when she was little, but loves to be the centre of attention now. How is Aurelia getting on? Does she enjoy school?
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2012 8:42pm (Oct 15th 2012)

NN, thank you for posting pictures of your beautiful granddaughters. Aprilia is just the cutest little baby girl!!! Aurelia has gotten soooo big and in school full time school already..it just doesn't seem possible.

I can't believe Caitlyn is old enough to be in full time school either..didn't you just make "the blanket" like.. yesterday?:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 15th, 2012 9:34pm (Oct 15th 2012)

Glad you liked the photos, I must sort one out of little Mallory for you she is one very soon. It is a shame as I dont get to see her very often and she is such a sweet socialble little girl. The time just seems to fly by. It doesnt seem that long ago that I was telling you I was flying out to Germany to see the newborn Aurelia.

How sweet that Shaun takes after his Dad. Aurelia looks just like her Mum did at that age and I think Aprilia will as well.

Caitlyn is a bit older than Aurelia. I am glad she is settled in school. Aurelia is finding it very hard and doesnt like it at all she gets very anxious. Her Mum and Dad split up just before the school holidays and it has hit her very hard poor child.
    • CommentTimeOct 16th, 2012 12:03am (Oct 16th 2012)

Yes, time has flown by so fast, and I think my fingers have only just recovered from the trauma that was The Blanket!!!

I'm sorry Aurelia is finding it hard, it can't be easy for her when her home life has changed so much in such a short space of time. Danny worries that Caitlyn will suddenly realise that she hasn't got a mommy and daddy at home, but I told him that where she goes to school a lot of the kids don't even have a daddy, let alone one that sees as much of her as he does! They've been living this way for over 18 months now. Shaun won't remember it any other way, and I am sure Caitlyn will soon learn how to use it to her advantage being the princess of manipulation that she is! All you can do is try to be a constant in her life if you are able - I am very lucky in that regard. Maybe the routine of school will eventually help her to cope with it - kids are amazingly resilient.

A photo of Mallory would be fantastic - such a pretty baby, I can't believe she's almost one!
    • CommentTimeOct 18th, 2012 1:10am (Oct 18th 2012)

Here you go Kate she is such a sweetie and into every thing
      377339_10152133708085294_778527932_n.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 18th, 2012 10:30pm (Oct 18th 2012) edited

She is beautiful! Look at that lovely blonde hair and blue eyes!! And I just luurrrrvvveeee baby feet ... !

Thank you!
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd, 2012 7:27pm (Oct 23rd 2012)

Oh WOW, NN... Mallory is sooooo cute!! I love her blue eyes!
    • CommentTimeOct 24th, 2012 1:26pm (Oct 24th 2012)

Babies have blue eyes that change to their permanent colour over the following months. (Some have already started to change before birth)

What colour do you expect Mallory's to be, or will they stay that lovely shade?

My babies all kept the green colour they started with.
    • CommentTimeOct 27th, 2012 1:55am (Oct 27th 2012)

I am not sure what colour they will end up Ollie but I do hope it will be that beautiful blue they are so stricking with her blond curls. I will get to see her Sunday for her first birthday so am looking forward to that. I have made her cake today and will decorate it tomorrow. I am just hoping that I feel well enough not to bodge it up !!!
    • CommentTimeOct 28th, 2012 12:12am (Oct 28th 2012)

She looks almost Swedish in that photo with her blond hair, blue eyes and fair skin!
    • CommentTimeOct 28th, 2012 1:50pm (Oct 28th 2012)

"Angels" to quote someone or other...:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeOct 29th, 2012 6:51pm (Oct 29th 2012) edited

We had a lovely time at Mallorys birthday party. I just dosed myself up so I could go as I needed to get out of the house. I feel a lot better today so it did me good !!1 Here are the pictures of the cake. It wasn't too bad an effort seeings as I was poorly.
      cake.jpg
      bear.jpg
    • CommentTimeOct 29th, 2012 11:24pm (Oct 29th 2012)

Wow, you make a better cake when you're ill than I could ever dream of making when I'm hale and hearty!!! It's lovely NN!
    :bdayhappy_balloons:
    Happy birthday Mallory!
    • CommentTimeOct 30th, 2012 4:03pm (Oct 30th 2012)

It's wonderful, NN; you're VERY clever and those kids are VERY lucky to have an NN like you!
    • CommentTimeOct 31st, 2012 6:56pm (Oct 31st 2012)

Thank you kindly. I must get to grips with the Christmas cakes next. I also want to make some Christmas Piccalilli as I promised G/N that I would.
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2012 5:59am (Nov 3rd 2012)

Wow, NN..what a lovely cake! I hope little Mallory had a wonderful birthday!
    :bdayparty:
    • CommentTimeNov 6th, 2012 3:57pm (Nov 6th 2012)

Thank you Lynn and yes she had a very good day with so many cards and presents it was untrue. We managed to go and see them all this Sunday also because Grandad North has had a short holiday. So that was a nice treat, but a very tiring day the weather was awful with some flooding in several places so we have to make a few detours.
    • CommentTimeDec 11th, 2012 5:52pm (Dec 11th 2012)

Bunny update for you,,,.. they are still growing and eating just about every thing. They have blocks of wood to chew on but have decided the back gate tastes best. All my flowere tubs have been dug up now. Tim filled them all back in so they had another digging session and we got strawberry plants and bulbs all over the patio. I will get more pictures when I get a moment. How are your bunnies doing CC ?
    • CommentTimeDec 11th, 2012 11:13pm (Dec 11th 2012)

I love the fact that they are wreaking destruction all over the garden but you're just "hey, so what"! As long as they're happy!! :bunny::bunny:
    • CommentTimeDec 12th, 2012 4:06pm (Dec 12th 2012)

Garden looks like the Somme (no change there) and the little s*ds are using the henhouse as a public toilet! I kept the chickens in their house today as it was so cold (let them out for an hour or so this afternoon to scrat about a bit) and when I let the rabbits out this morning Fred rushed up to the henhouse door and looked exactly like a kid hopping about desperate for the loo. They both eventually 'went' on poor Trouble's grave - glad she's not around to see it! Can rabbits be anti-henouse-trained, d'you know?
    • CommentTimeDec 12th, 2012 11:59pm (Dec 12th 2012)

Very funny mental image of Fred!!!! :toilet_wait:
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2012 6:22pm (Dec 13th 2012)

Ha ha thats funny CC and yes mine do have a litter tray in their Mansion, makes mudding out a tad easier. Mind you they also use one of the flower tubs as an outside Karsie to save themselves having to nip inside during the dry weather.
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2012 6:27pm (Dec 14th 2012)

Mine ALSO have a litter tray in their palace. However, they prefer to just sit in it as opposed to....anything else!
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2012 9:28pm (Dec 14th 2012)

Ha ha thats typical CC, mine often upturn theirs and then poop on it.
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2013 3:39pm (Jan 6th 2013) edited

Here is an update on the girls Willow is on a digging frenzy at the moment. Bracken hops in now and then to see how she is getting on, but just likes to eat the flowers.
      willow.jpg
      willow and Bracken.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 7th, 2013 4:42pm (Jan 7th 2013)

Eric is glad to see he's not the only one who suffers!
    • CommentTimeJan 8th, 2013 12:42am (Jan 8th 2013)

Ha ha that looks funny... a bunny popping up out of her hole as if to say 'I'm sure last time I checked, this box was full of carrots'.
    • CommentTimeJan 11th, 2013 5:57pm (Jan 11th 2013)

Little tinkers the box was full of flowering bulbs ready for a spring display. Still they had a bit of fun, I guess.
    • CommentTimeJan 12th, 2013 5:21pm (Jan 12th 2013)

Any loose dirt presents a challenge if you're a rabbit - and some that isn't loose!
    • CommentTimeJan 13th, 2013 11:38am (Jan 13th 2013)

Tim refilled it yesterday and put a piece of netting over it they were not amused to say the very least.
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 5:42pm (Jan 19th 2013) edited

It's not good to eat the yellow snow err or rabbits
      yellow bunny.jpg