• CommentAuthorzz9zzzalpha
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2012 10:15am (Dec 13th 2012)

We've only had hens since April and were under the impression that 1) they moult at this time of year and 2) they stop laying due to the lack of sunlight. I dont think our girls know the rules as they only lost the odd feather and were still getting 3-5 eggs a day. Whats going on, I think when we lock them in at night they get the daylight simulation bulb out and start knitting!
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2012 11:15am (Dec 13th 2012)

Knitting eggs!!! Now there's a novelty.

Some of my midwife friend have been in trouble lately for relaxing with their knitting while attending home confinements....
    So that's what they were doing!
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2012 6:15pm (Dec 13th 2012)

Hi ZZ I got two new hens around the same time you got yours and they havent moulted yet. They may wait untill the spring it all depends on when they last had a moult of their baby feathers. My other girls are all mid moult and have stopped laying. I am still getting two eggs from the new two. Hybrid hens tend to lay all winter they just slow down a bit as they get older.
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2012 6:16pm (Dec 13th 2012)

Here you go Ollie..... I got a pattern for a knitted egg if you want one !!!!! Honest
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2012 10:02pm (Dec 13th 2012)

Yes, somewhere I have a pattern for a knitted uterus and another for a pair of boobies.
    That's all a decent midwife needs now-a-days...

Just had my :drinkparty:
    • CommentTimeDec 13th, 2012 11:41pm (Dec 13th 2012)

My friend and her mom knit boobies! The health visitors use them to show new moms how to breastfeed. The co-ordinator has asked them to use lots of different pink/brown/peach colours so that there are a range of 'tones'!
    • CommentAuthorzz9zzzalpha
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2012 9:16am (Dec 14th 2012)

I ask about eggs and get Boobies!:interesting: talking of knitting what’s the difference between Vogue, Cosmopolitan and Woman’s own?

Vogue tells you how to have an orgasm
    Cosmopolitan tells you how to do it with style
    Woman’s own tells you how to knit one:rollonfloorlaughing:
    • CommentTimeDec 14th, 2012 9:36pm (Dec 14th 2012)

Ha ha good one ZZ.
    • CommentTimeDec 15th, 2012 4:42pm (Dec 15th 2012)

:rolling:
    • CommentTimeDec 18th, 2012 8:33am (Dec 18th 2012)

ha ha ha ha ha:crazy: