• CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:09pm (Jan 19th 2013)

Tim and I went for a walk in the Valley this afternoon of course I took my camera so as to share it with you
      valley.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:13pm (Jan 19th 2013)

it was so nice to get out of the house
      valley2.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:14pm (Jan 19th 2013)

There were a few cheerfull dog walkers out which was nice
      valley3.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:16pm (Jan 19th 2013)

It wasnt too cold but my feet were quite chilly
      valley 4.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:18pm (Jan 19th 2013)

Pussy willow buds
      puss willow.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:19pm (Jan 19th 2013)

This cow parsley looks like a snow cone
      ice cone.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:20pm (Jan 19th 2013)

Tim by the bridge waiting for me to catch up
      bridge.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:21pm (Jan 19th 2013)

little alder cones
      alder.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:25pm (Jan 19th 2013)

every thing had its own art form
      icy plant.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 6:26pm (Jan 19th 2013) edited

Then when we got home I spotted our icicles on the front window. It looked just like the house had grown teeth !!
      icicles.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2013 8:20pm (Jan 19th 2013)

Those icicles are amazing! I stuck my head out to call the cat just as a big lump of snow fell off the roof! Luckily it just missed me.

Wouldn't fancy being spiked by one of them ... Sounds like a perfect murder plot. They'd never find the murder weapon!!
    • CommentTimeJan 20th, 2013 2:39pm (Jan 20th 2013)

They're fabulous, aren't they? Another series of brilliant photos, NN - you missed your vocation!
    • CommentTimeJan 20th, 2013 3:14pm (Jan 20th 2013)

Thank you CC, I was glad I made the effort to go out although I didn't feel like it. There is always something different to see. I stayed in today and made some fairy cakes with raspberry curd filling and a buttercream topping. I have a loaf of bread due to finish cooking in a few minutes.

You were lucky with the clump of snow just missing you Kate makes me shiver just thinking about it going down the back of the neck. The icicles are all down at the front of the house, we have new ones forming at the back now.
    • CommentTimeJan 20th, 2013 5:25pm (Jan 20th 2013)

It's snowing here - has been all afternoon. I had to be collected in a 4x4 to go and play the organ!
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2013 7:45pm (Jan 21st 2013)

Those cakes sound lovely-I've never had raspberry curd! What a talented lady you are. I'm getting the knitting urge again. Well, it has been 2 and a half years since I finished The Blanket II. I bought a book about fitted knitting so might give it a go.
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2013 9:54pm (Jan 21st 2013) edited

Must be the snow Kate I was thinking about getting the needles on the go as well !!!! Tim took me out and bought me a smashing pair of snow boots today. I am so lucky
      boots.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2013 3:25pm (Jan 22nd 2013)

Blimey, you could climb Everest in those! No danger of slipping in those...
    Kate, go back and read your posts about knitting The Blankets before you commit yourself (and us!!) to more angst...:rolling:
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2013 6:46pm (Jan 22nd 2013)

They're lovely NN, you'll have lovely toasty toes in them!

I know CC that's why the book is still in the cupboard and not in my hands!!!
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2013 7:35pm (Jan 27th 2013)

Wonderful pictures of the snow, NN..you have such a talent for taking the most beautiful photographs!
    nice snow boots..those should keep you toasty warm.
    • CommentTimeJan 28th, 2013 4:59pm (Jan 28th 2013)

...and dry now the snow is turned to slush or floods!
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2013 4:17pm (Jan 30th 2013) edited

yes they are waterproof so are good all rounders. Every where is so soggy and muddy at the moment. We did have a treat of sunshine this morning but it is raining like a good un now and the wind just about blows you over. I managed to get the hens and rabbits cleaned out inbetween showers. We went out into the country yesterday and whilst out we found some lovely clean grass in the corner of a field so I got a carrier bag full for the bunnies. I had no trouble getting them to bed when they realised what they had for supper !!! They sure were happy bunnies !!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd, 2013 12:30am (Feb 2nd 2013)

ha ha NN for a moment i read the above as 'we got a carrier bag full of bunnies' what an image that was and I laughed aloud. I bet your buns just loved their fresh treat.
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th, 2013 2:54pm (Feb 18th 2013)

Ha ha TM I am always doing that as I tend to speed read things first and then reread properly when I either answer a post or do a retake because I have mis read or found something of real interest