• CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2013 1:11pm (Mar 22nd 2013) edited

Have any of you tried these yet? Guess what I have and they are lovely. Grandad North spotted them in Asda and wondered if they really were purple inside. Yes they certainly are and they keep purple even after you have cooked them
      purples.jpg
      cool colour.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2013 1:13pm (Mar 22nd 2013)

Guess what? they taste just the same as any other potato and if you were blindfolded when tasting the purple and white ones you would never guess which was which
      lunch.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2013 1:19pm (Mar 22nd 2013) edited

I have had two baked ones now for my lunch and have survived !!! I am looking forward to using them mashed and in potato salad. And guess what... so far Grandad North hasn't tried one. But you decide...... have a try they are delicious and are grown here in Norfolk. English produce at its very best.
      close up.jpg
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2013 6:17pm (Mar 22nd 2013)

As you know, Nn, I am a deeply purple person...but I might pause before trying 'em! :D
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2013 7:40pm (Mar 22nd 2013)

ha ha ha ha it's 6.35 am I wobble to the computer to check the 'goings on' here. What do I see, oh a thread entitled Purple Majesty. Someone had finally recognised my royal roots at last me thinks.:face-devil-grin:

Ho ho ho that will teach me NN it's about purple spuds, they look maginificent will have to see if I can get some here. Thye would look wondeful in potato salad. Go on CC be a devil.:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd, 2013 11:47pm (Mar 22nd 2013)

My sis in law grew purple carrots last year. I tried them and they were OK but I don't think I could cope with purple taters!
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2013 9:29am (Jul 11th 2013)

I made mash a bit ago with them - it was a bit... unnerving but once you got past the strange colour they were fine!

I've tried the carrots too - Asda sometimes sell a 'Colourful Carrot Selection' and it has orange, yellow, white and purple carrots.

If ever CC gets her shots and braves coming oop North we could make her a totally purple tea :)
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2013 5:34pm (Jul 11th 2013)

I've BEEN Oop North; I went to Leeds then a place (once a village, now a villagey suburb)beginning with G whose name escapes me. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2013 5:35pm (Jul 11th 2013)

GILDERSOME!!! I remembered.
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2013 10:37am (Jul 13th 2013)

CC
    I LIVE IN GILDERSOME !!!!
    What were you doing here and me not knowing?

So close and yet so far....:face-crying:
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2013 2:19pm (Jul 13th 2013)

REALLY???? I don't believe it! I went to the wedding of a friend, Jill, from university and it was the farthest North I have ever ventured. Beautiful reception in her parents big old house with silver band and fireworks which set off every car alarm for miles around...Jill moved to Heckmondwike and then Cleckheaton but now lives in Gildersome near her parents in a new(ish) house.
    • CommentTimeJul 13th, 2013 6:58pm (Jul 13th 2013)

I'm sure you're making up the names of those towns CC! They sound much more interesting than Birmingham!!
    • CommentTimeJul 14th, 2013 1:41pm (Jul 14th 2013)

Posted By: KatebI'm sure you're making up the names of those towns CC!

I said the same to her when she told me where she was moving to! :D