• CommentTimeJun 27th, 2013 7:05pm (Jun 27th 2013)

His comb was really pale when I let them out this morning, and I made him raw egg and Baytril which he wouldn't eat. I went indoors to get dressed and have breakfast, and when I came out he was dead.
    Rest in peace, little man. :heart:
    • CommentTimeJun 27th, 2013 8:25pm (Jun 27th 2013)

I'm so sorry CC. Sleep soundly Lemon, have fun scratching and pecking at the bridge. :heart:
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2013 5:48pm (Jun 28th 2013)

Oh, no CC..I'm so sorry you lost him. Poor little guy. RIP Lemon. :044:
    • CommentTimeJun 28th, 2013 9:54pm (Jun 28th 2013)

Aw CC sorry to hear that, RIP Lemon :bighug:
    • CommentTimeJun 29th, 2013 6:02pm (Jun 29th 2013)

Thanks everyone...we've just been to collect Locky, a Bramah bantam. Sinead and Locky are trying to follow eachother round the garden whilst appearing to ignore eachother. Hilarious.
    • CommentTimeJun 29th, 2013 10:30pm (Jun 29th 2013)

Sounds like a nursery school romance!!! I hope Locky settles in well. (Is Locky a 'she'?!)
    • CommentTimeJun 30th, 2013 2:28pm (Jun 30th 2013)

Aw cute! :)
    • CommentTimeJun 30th, 2013 5:33pm (Jun 30th 2013)

Locky is indeed a she. Checked up on them last night. Sinead ALWAYS sleeps by the door. She wasn't there. I saw Locky peering at me from a nesting box, no sign of Sinead. 'My God, she's eaten her,' I thought. Then an outraged face peered round Locky telling me to shut the door and bog off; Sinead was jammed in alongside Locky in the same nesting box!
    • CommentTimeJun 30th, 2013 5:52pm (Jun 30th 2013)

A proper sisterhood going on there! I'm so glad they're getting along so famously. :bighug:
    • CommentTimeJul 1st, 2013 1:40am (Jul 1st 2013)

I'm glad you found a chicken to replace Lemmon, CC. Locky sounds like a cute kid. I wish you could post pictures..I know mission impossible. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd, 2013 1:29pm (Jul 2nd 2013)

Aw Locky soon settled in then! :)
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd, 2013 4:51pm (Jul 2nd 2013)

She hates humans though; she was chased to get her into our carrier and now hates anything with two legs. Including pigeons...
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd, 2013 6:29pm (Jul 2nd 2013)

I now have a mental image of you and LSE on all 4s crawling through the garden!!!
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd, 2013 4:43pm (Jul 3rd 2013)

I have to say that she's actually better today; I'm still being glared at, but no angry clucking - and my friend was with me too, so that's good.
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd, 2013 7:45pm (Jul 3rd 2013)

Must be love - either that or she knows who the food source is now!!!
    • CommentTimeJul 4th, 2013 5:05pm (Jul 4th 2013)

Um no, not love. Barely tolerance; she still looks at me as though I'm about to kill her!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 5th, 2013 7:52pm (Jul 5th 2013)

Get some special treats and hand feed them to her, she'll love you in no time at all....or maybe not:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 6th, 2013 7:37pm (Jul 6th 2013)

I threw a few grapes towards her gently today. apparently they weren't grapes, they were hand grenades according to her...:face-sad:
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2013 10:46am (Jul 7th 2013) edited

Locky's one of those girls who is passionate about her personal space.
    I have a dear friend like that. The only time she fought off the feeling was when she got a gong from the Queen - and she has a framed photo to prove it to us.
    • CommentTimeJul 7th, 2013 8:27pm (Jul 7th 2013)

...as long as the Queen kept at arms length, eh? Perhaps she should have asked for a knighthood instead.Well done her for getting a gong; was it for midwifery, Ollie?
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2013 11:21am (Jul 8th 2013)

Yes CC, she is one of our most supportive midwives. Won't put her name on here in case she is reading this, you never know with MC.,
    • CommentTimeJul 8th, 2013 5:59pm (Jul 8th 2013)

Well good for her; I like it when REAL people are recognised rather than thieving bankers or drug-ridden pop stars.
    • CommentTimeJul 9th, 2013 12:33am (Jul 9th 2013)

Posted By: ollie in UKshe got a gong from the Queen

Ok, Ollie..what is a "gong from the queen"?? I take it that it must be something good?
    • CommentTimeJul 9th, 2013 1:52pm (Jul 9th 2013)

The British Honours system is a way of honouring folks from all walks of life mostly for bravery or achievement. Ranked from being made a Knight (or Lady) down to a Companion of Honour.

Google "The British honours system" for a details.

The "gong" refers to the medal these folks are presented by the Queen, or by one of her close relatives.
    • CommentTimeJul 9th, 2013 6:08pm (Jul 9th 2013)

Thanks for the explanation Ollie...because over here, it's NOT a good thing to "get the gong"..it means "you're out of here".."fired"..you have no talent at all. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJul 10th, 2013 10:37am (Jul 10th 2013)

Good to be aware of cultural differences, it could be so easy to upset someone.
    • CommentTimeJul 11th, 2013 9:32am (Jul 11th 2013) edited

Posted By: LynnWThanks for the explanation Ollie...because over here, it's NOT a good thing to "get the gong"..it means "you're out of here".."fired"..you have no talent at all.:face-smile:

Wow... it would really hurt your feelings if the Queen gave you the 'US' version of the gong then! :D