• CommentTimeNov 1st, 2013 12:35pm (Nov 1st 2013)

It's around that time of year when we will be having bonfire festivities once again to celebrate Guy Fawkes!

It's going to happen Tomorrow (Saturday) the 2nd November (I know bonfire night is on the 5th but we'll be working... so it's easier to do it on the weekend)

Helen is preparing the pork pie and peas (veggie option available of course!), cheese and onion pie, jacket spuds, and mint sauce for the peas!

I have bought some fireworks - only 12 but they are big ones I promise! This time I will try and actually be organised enough to sort the camera angle out before it gets pitch black and I stumble around the garden tripping over wires...

Fireworks start at around 7pm - if it changes I'll post here.

Looking forward to having your company! :)
    • CommentTimeNov 1st, 2013 5:39pm (Nov 1st 2013)

O nO! We'll be out at a village quiz so I'll:face-sad: miss it...
    • CommentTimeNov 1st, 2013 6:27pm (Nov 1st 2013)

Aww no. :(

I might take a couple of pictures and videos but they'll probably be hopeless :)
    • CommentTimeNov 1st, 2013 8:05pm (Nov 1st 2013)

The iPad won't play the videos, never managed to get it sorted, but I can imagine your fireworks.

"Ooo, wheeee, wow, yippee!"

Sorry, too soon!
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd, 2013 3:56pm (Nov 2nd 2013)

I'm here waiting for the fireworks..about 3 hours to go.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2013 10:25am (Nov 3rd 2013) edited

Aw shucks!
    Not able to watch Hencam this time.
    I'll miss all the jollifications.
    Watching Neil struggling to get the cameras aligned is almost as much fun as the fireworks themselves.:crazy:
    Plenty of firworks in the village here, despite the strong winds and heavy rain!
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd, 2013 5:44pm (Nov 3rd 2013)

I waited and waited and never did see Neil setting off fireworks. I think the weather must have been too much for him to do them yesterday.I did see some going off on the other side of the valley that were very pretty.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 13th, 2013 1:40pm (Nov 13th 2013) edited

I'm really sorry Lynn!

Well, the great hencam bonfire night party was a bit of a damp squib - it rained like crazy all night, so it was reconvened to a later date and unfortunately new location:

(actually, that's a proper firework display going wrong, and setting off all 7000 fireworks at once!)

To make it up to all those that patiently sat watching hencam that night listening to the rain and pretty much nothing else, we're going to try and make it up to you with the amazing, exciting, once-in-a-lifetime display of... INDOOR FIREWORKS! They are notoriously bad, a lot of them look like turds and they were once popular in the 1970's... You have been warned!

I will set a date when they arrive!
    • CommentTimeNov 13th, 2013 3:32pm (Nov 13th 2013)

Ooo, I like the turdy ones...and I hope there's a train/volcano which emits little puffs of smoke. I do hope I don't get overexcited...
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2013 6:51am (Nov 15th 2013)

Wow that fireworks display was something..I hope no one got hurt, all 7000 at once gawd!!! I don't think I've ever seen the "turd" ones Neil..sounds exciting :biggrin:
    • CommentTimeNov 15th, 2013 2:03pm (Nov 15th 2013)

Glad internet doesn't do smells !
    • CommentTimeNov 19th, 2013 12:45pm (Nov 19th 2013)

Ok, is Saturday or Sunday night good for everyone?

Let's get a day and time sorted, don't worry about it taking all night they'll probably all fizzle out in a couple of minutes :D
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2013 12:23pm (Nov 20th 2013)

I suggest you check your local weather forecast and find a slot in there.
    Looking forward to a bit of excitement - even a few damp squibs will be OK.
    :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 20th, 2013 7:48pm (Nov 20th 2013)

I'll be watching..just say when.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2013 12:09pm (Nov 21st 2013)

Or why not go with the trend, set them all off at once, so a little appears to go a long way and have one big bang? (oops)
    :face-smile: