• CommentTimeDec 31st, 2013 5:52pm (Dec 31st 2013) edited

May 2014 be even better than this one :)

Happy New Year everybody!
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2013 5:54pm (Dec 31st 2013)

What has everybody got planned for tonight?

We saw my mum and dad today which was FAB and tonight we are just spending the night in with the pups...we do have some drinking games and Singstar planned though ;)
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2013 7:01pm (Dec 31st 2013)

Happy New Year to everyone on Hencam. May the new year bring everything you have hoped for.
    We will be staying home with the critters, fireworks scare the hell out of all of them.
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2013 8:24pm (Dec 31st 2013)

Us too,hot water bottle, good book, sleeping pill (after locking the catflap ) and sweet oblivion till tomorrow. Which is..............Wednesday. Exciting lot, ain't we, Red? :rolling:
    • CommentTimeDec 31st, 2013 10:12pm (Dec 31st 2013)

Haha we sure are CC!

I'm hoping we don't get too many fireworks in our village, not that either of the pups mind them too much, Zoey just looks confused bless her!

Me and Lyle are playing a drinking game with Kitchen Nightmares...it's funny how you can turn anything into a drinking game :tooth:
    • CommentTimeJan 1st, 2014 5:45pm (Jan 1st 2014)

I have the girls in on Friday afternoons and we play the Flog It drinking game. When anyone says 'Sitting in a drawer/on a shelf/in the cupboard' or 'doing nothing' or 'gathering dust' or 'time for someone else to appreciate it' we have to drain our glasses.
    • CommentTimeJan 1st, 2014 10:30pm (Jan 1st 2014)

Ahahaha sounds like one we could enjoy CC!

Some of our rules for last night on Kitchen Nightmares was any time someone cried, any time Ramsay said 'Holy mackerel', gesticulated extremely, or when a Chef tried to argue their food was good :P
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd, 2014 1:19am (Jan 2nd 2014)

i think we enjoy it. I can't quite remember...:drinkparty:
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd, 2014 1:26pm (Jan 2nd 2014)

I stayed in, hubby went to bed early so I did my jigsaw and cleaned up as usual. Cats weren't happy at being kept in, but once the fireworks started they understood I think! Grandkids were here too as their mom was going out. Have seen far more of them this week than I thought we would. Might go and paint the computer room (which I've been threatening to do for months) so that we can get the kids in there. Still don't know what to do with the computer though ...!
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd, 2014 5:56pm (Jan 3rd 2014)

Use it to type to us lot! :)
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd, 2014 9:06pm (Jan 3rd 2014)

LOL!! Very funny!!

I spent all afternoon (12 til 6) painting - my arm is killing me! I also have new glasses (varifocals) that I'm trying to get used to. They're very wierd and making me feel a bit sick at the moment. Distance is fine but reading is more of a challenge.
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd, 2014 11:14pm (Jan 3rd 2014)

You will love your varifocals, in time.
    They do get a bit of getting used to though. I found steps to be the biggest challenge. Then the horizontal plane when you needed to check something was level. After a while your brain will compensate.
    • CommentTimeJan 4th, 2014 4:26pm (Jan 4th 2014)

My friend's brother was a professional organist. First outing in his new fairyfocals he gave an organ recital, looking at music, three different keyboards at different heights/distances and a pedal board. Flawless performance, took his bow, walked offstage and then threw up into a waste paper bin backstage...:D Pace yourself!
    • CommentTimeJan 4th, 2014 6:32pm (Jan 4th 2014)

If they make you feel dizzy and sick, I don't think I'd ever get use to glasses like those, Kate.
    • CommentTimeJan 5th, 2014 6:58pm (Jan 5th 2014)

Reversing in the car is the biggest challenge so far - I'm just not confident about where I am so stop early (rather than waiting for the bump!) and have to get back in the car and go back another couple of feet!
    • CommentTimeJan 6th, 2014 11:03am (Jan 6th 2014)

Rather than "waiting for the bump" Try to work out where You in the seat will be level with when sizing up the space.
    I learnt to reverse by spending hours driving in and out of the empty supermarket trolley parks at night.

You WILL get used to those glasses but do revert to your old ones for driving if you feel safer, just yet.
    • CommentTimeJan 9th, 2014 11:29pm (Jan 9th 2014)

I didn't need glasses for driving before, just reading. The problem is that the neighbour's car might not always be in the same place as it's just parked against the kerb One of the other neighbours had parked there today. It is getting better though - it's amazing how much I couldn't really see clearly before!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2014 6:02pm (Jan 10th 2014)

Scary; my friend Martin has just had his cataract done. He now realises how bad his vision had become!
    • CommentTimeJan 10th, 2014 8:08pm (Jan 10th 2014)

I saw an ad today for laser eye treatment and am very tempted. All I need now is to find someone rich to pay it for me!
    • CommentTimeJan 13th, 2014 7:46pm (Jan 13th 2014)

My friend had her cateracts done but with a couple of weeks between. She had a fortnight of seeing everything in different colours with each eye!

My niece had laser treatment on her eyes but her eyes are so big that she had to go to London where they had special equipment to cope.