• CommentTimeApr 15th, 2014 9:27pm (Apr 15th 2014) edited

We've had some beautiful weather here today, same as yesterday - has anybody else had it?

We took Zoey for her walk around the forest, and for the first time since we have lived here the forest was dry and not deathly slippy with mud!

Well, first of all Zoey found a dead thing to roll on, only it was at the top of a hill, so she actually missed it, rolled all the way down the hill, and lay upside-down at our feet!! She was a little grubby after that...THEN the field we walk through was dotted with dried, crusty poo from some animal. Zoey had a little taste and promptly flopped onto it for a roll...'ah well, at least it's dry' we thought...WRONG!!! :gasp:

The poo was wet, gunky and stinky on the inside...ewwww! So Zoey's left side was covered in poop hahahaha!

And finally, on our way out of the forest, Zoey waded through the one and only bog in the WHOLE forest and covered her feet in sludge. Which would have been fine, only she sat down in the middle of the path and scratched her head with a gunky foot!!

So this is what we came back with...

photo zo2_zps46f2ad91.jpg

And the stain on her shoulder is the poop :001_rolleyes:

photo zo3a_zps1bcfc69f.png

Needless to say, she needed a sponge down...
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2014 5:44pm (Apr 16th 2014)

Funny how they never roll in Chanel No 5, innit? :rolling: I'd say it called for a trip through the carwash in a convertible with the lid down...
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2014 6:49pm (Apr 16th 2014)

Yeah, she's still a little green today!! :tooth:
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2014 7:36pm (Apr 16th 2014)

OMG..:rollonfloorlaughing: I'm sorry to laugh at your Zoey, Red, but it's too funny for words.

I've had only 1 experience with one of my dogs who did something like that. My old Toy Fox Terrier Spike, who had never gotten into a car in his entire life on his own, hopped into Don's little pickup truck after we had been working out in the back, in the hot weather all day. He hopped right in, stood with his back feet on the seat and his front feet on the dashboard between Don and I, so happy and pleased with himself..only to see (and smell) that he had rolled in Possum poop..nothing stinks as bad as Possum poop! Don and I had to drive back up to the house, with our heads hanging out of the side windows gagging. :_puke: My little Spike was soooo proud of himself! Then he got VERY angry with me, when I gave him a bath.
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2014 8:52pm (Apr 16th 2014)

The first dry walk in ages and Zoey comes back dirtier than she did when everyone was flooded!! She looks so pleased with herself, just like Spike did. Does she still smell?!
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2014 10:07pm (Apr 16th 2014)

Haha laugh away Lynn, I was laughing too...Lyle not so much! :rolling:

Bwahaha I remember that story, it's one of my favourites I've heard about dogs...see, all you needed to help Spike overcome his dislike of cars was possom poop! Hahaha!

Posted By: KatebThe first dry walk in ages and Zoey comes back dirtier than she did when everyone was flooded!!

I know, I don't know how she does it!

And no, she's back to her usual sweet smelling self now...just slightly green tinted!!
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2014 5:52pm (Apr 17th 2014)

Lynn, possum poo must be your equivalent to fox poo...which smells utterly vile and dogs LOVE it.
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2014 6:44pm (Apr 17th 2014)

CC, I think you must be right..they have about the same kind of diet. :face-smile: