Site Tag Cloud

CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd, 2007 5:50pm (Oct 3rd 2007)

What about a little menu that shows the names of who's on line at the moment. I liked the bell sound when someone entered text in the chat. Is that possible?
    • CommentTimeOct 4th, 2007 2:21pm (Oct 4th 2007)

Diane, great minds think alike (lol!) i asked my dad if we could have a list of who was online at the moment too ;-)
    • CommentTimeOct 4th, 2007 7:08pm (Oct 4th 2007) edited

:D

I just noticed that my avatar looks like a bird in flight. (Sorry, rambled off subject...)
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2007 7:35am (Nov 30th 2007)

no longer a member

So what is happening on this front... will we get to see who is on line at anytime
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2007 1:05pm (Nov 30th 2007)

Should now be availabe (top left of the page...)

See, we're quite accomodating on here! As long as a few people will find something useful we try and deliver!
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2007 3:14pm (Nov 30th 2007)

no longer a member

Hmmmm free eggs ?
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2007 3:15pm (Nov 30th 2007) edited

no longer a member

Neil thats wonderful mate.. I can see its only wazza on line again

Mate can I say this is a nice little community..... even if some of us need to wear stripy trousers... tell Little sis we love the Yorkshire accent BTW
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2007 4:46pm (Nov 30th 2007)

Thanks Wazza.

Little sis? That's my daughter! :p
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2007 5:53pm (Nov 30th 2007)

You soft southerners need to get a bit of style!! What's wrong with stripy trousers?! Take no notice Red, I'm sure they looked great!
    • CommentTimeNov 30th, 2007 6:09pm (Nov 30th 2007) edited

When he wrote that, I thought *little sis* was just an English term for young women :D I guess what it really indicated was how young you look Neil. ;)
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2007 8:46am (Dec 1st 2007)

no longer a member

OOPS sorry Neil....... Hmmm I get confused (Being so old you see) So Red is your Daughter, you are the dad, and you talk about your dad as well ? or am i getting senile and really confused? who else is in the family?
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2007 8:47am (Dec 1st 2007) edited

no longer a member

Diane.. its called Mad Dogs and Englishmen... we are known through the ages to have mad Queens and Kings and As I am actually a GOD I am going a bit mad too.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 1st, 2007 5:49pm (Dec 1st 2007)

That's funny wazza - Neil's mom & dad do appear as part of the hencam story. I can see how that would add to the confusion :) Living at hencam hq are: Neil & Helen and daughter (Red). Plus the chickens, bunny, MICE and probably more unknown to me.
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2007 12:36am (Dec 2nd 2007)

I see by the "Who's Here" thingy that we have a guest tonight.
    Welcome, guest, please have a good look round the coop and all its accoutrements.
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2007 12:39am (Dec 2nd 2007) edited

Now I have typed that last message three times and every time I have clicked on the wrong box and zonked myself back to index.
    The Add box and the Back box are so close together. Any chance of putting one at the other side please, Neil?
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd, 2007 10:16pm (Dec 2nd 2007)

I've added a bit of space between the two buttons - sorry it wouldn't move all the way to the right - silly non-cooperative text...
    • CommentAuthorPJ
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 3:15am (Dec 3rd 2007)

I like the "Who's Online" thing. Of course I'm he only one here at the moment, since I'm near the west coast of Canada... and according to www.timezonecheck.com, although it's 7:15 pm here, it's 3:15 am there.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 4:06am (Dec 3rd 2007)

Hi PJ! You must live pretty close to me. And in the same time zone!
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 5:14am (Dec 3rd 2007)

I'm in your neck of the woods too, PJ..I'm about 100miles south east of Diane. We are both in Washington state.
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 6:29am (Dec 3rd 2007) edited

Lynn I keep meaning to look up Graham. I should know where it is but can't quite place it... So, somewhere east of Puyallup then? Or is it Olympia. Ah - I'll look it up.

Are the horses a little more blonde today?
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 7:27am (Dec 3rd 2007)

Graham is between Puyallup and Eatonville on the map, Diane..it use to be about 5000 people when we moved here in 1980, now there are 50,000..there is someone behind every bush.

The horses are still muddy..they are my dumb blonds, who love to roll in the mud.

The girls look like they are waking up now..all three are standing up. None have moved yet.
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 10:06am (Dec 3rd 2007) edited

Neil. Thanks for moving the 'Back to Discussions'.
    However, now I am being a fuss-pot, it is toooo far over.
    Like maybe others, I narrow my screens so that I can have this on one side and coop on the other, and so the B to D block is way out of line.
    Hope you understand.
    I am being a nuisance, aren't I? Sorry.
    It does work better though.
    I bet the others are wondering where has the B to D block gone.
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 3:46pm (Dec 3rd 2007) edited

Yes, I thought the B to D had disappeared, but when I clicked the line that took me back! Thought it was a glitch until I got to this string! I also minimise this window so that I can watch the girls as I type. (Nice butt Milly! That's all I can see of her at the mo - think the screen's frozen!)

Hi PJ, nice to have a Canadian on line too! I love the way you all think you live close together, whereas 100 miles to us is a HUGE amount! I wonder what the distance is between the coop and where i live? Wonder if I can get that from google?!
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 7:37pm (Dec 3rd 2007)

Kate I can't get over the miles thing. Although I do remember the feeling of how close together countries in Europe seemed when I was there as a teen. Its just a wonderful example of the difference one's mental perspective can make on something. While it sickens me in terms of the environmental impact, I don't think all that much of traveling 100 miles to & from work.

Does the B to D line look at all the same as the "add your comments" button on other people's computers? For me they are completely different looking so I haven't mixed up. Well, I bet the real reason is I never use the B to D line, I drag the little rectangle to the right there until I'm at the top of the page & then click *discussions* at the top. Stupid really. Maybe I'll change now :)
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 8:35pm (Dec 3rd 2007)

I just press the backspace thingy once. Or twice if I've added a comment. Works for me...!
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 8:39pm (Dec 3rd 2007)

Wow Chief Chuck ! That works for me too.
    Great stuff. Much easier than aiming for a box.
    Thank you.

But not if I've made a comment.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 9:46pm (Dec 3rd 2007)

What backspace thing?
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd, 2007 11:22pm (Dec 3rd 2007)

Your ordinary backspace key near the delete key..
    It works a treat.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2007 12:34am (Dec 4th 2007)

Thanks Ollie! I've only ever used backspace buttons on the page I'm in, which won't work in this case. Tried it - yes! Nice.
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2007 3:47pm (Dec 4th 2007)

Its roughly 130 miles from where I live to Bradford, which is where the photographic museum is that Ollie mentioned a while ago in her posting. That's a day trip for us not a commute! Mind you, your travel routes are probably better than ours - that sort of journey takes about 2 hours on a good day, much longer if there's any accidents/road works/diversions.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2007 8:03pm (Dec 4th 2007)

On a day where traffic flow is ok it takes me about 2.5 hours each way when I go to work in Seattle. Of course, I have a 20 minute ferry ride in the middle of it all. Or as I see it - nap time. While on the freeway on the mainland I'm traveling along a packed 4-lane roadway with nearly bumber to bumber traffic... Yuck. Then again, during the half hour drive on the island, I'm on a narrow curving road with no street lights and mostly woods on each side - where deer seem to lay in wait so that they can meander out in front of you.
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2007 8:13pm (Dec 4th 2007)

That's horrendous!! I'm such a lightweight! Its no more than 10 miles to where I work, takes 30 minutes when the traffic's really heavy, and I tend to only hit traffic when I get to the town and that's only single lane stuff. And I complain about it when I get into work! In future I'll think of you Diane and it won't seem so bad. Isn't there a song about things not seeming so bad that Julie Andrews sang? Help me out chief chicken, resident music buff (well, you work with pianos so that's good enough for me!)
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2007 8:19pm (Dec 4th 2007)

Yes! "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down." Maybe C.C. can record it for us :)
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2007 8:31pm (Dec 4th 2007)

I had to google it in the end. It was "My favourite things" from the Sound of Music I was thinking about, where she sings "when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling bad, I simply remember my favourite things and then I don't feel so bad".
    • CommentTimeDec 4th, 2007 11:34pm (Dec 4th 2007)

I just played for a music festival, and a teacher who either had a sick or sadistic sense of humour had one kid singing 'Waindwopth on wotheth and whithkerth on kittenth, doorbellth and thleighbellth and thnit-thel with noodleth...' Now, I'm not that fond of kids, and even I wouldn't do that...
    I personally wouldn't record a 'Thpoonful of Thugar', but I know thomeone who could...poor kid...
      CommentAuthorwazza
    • CommentTimeDec 5th, 2007 9:11am (Dec 5th 2007) edited

no longer a member

All this technology we will be seeing the hens on a keyboard next

You have all lost me what ?? Back to Discussion ?? what all this then ?? Are you talking about this:
    "Cancel and go back"
    • CommentTimeDec 5th, 2007 6:18pm (Dec 5th 2007) edited

Its about how, once you are finished typing and saving a "comment," you can just press the arrow next to your delete key on your key board to be returned back to the Discussion index. Actually, you have to hit the arrow key 2 times to get all the way back to the index. Does that make sense?
    • CommentTimeDec 5th, 2007 7:41pm (Dec 5th 2007)

But I bet all the parents sat there going 'ahhh' and wiping a tear away as she thang, I mean sang.

I thought you only got 'cancel and go back' if you edit a post?
    • CommentTimeDec 5th, 2007 8:30pm (Dec 5th 2007)

Not all the parenth, jutht herth...
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 1:17am (Dec 6th 2007)

CC..You crack me up!! :-)...I've laughed so hard I've got tears running down my face.
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:24pm (Dec 6th 2007) edited

Now I have not really taken any notice of that little request box at the page top for me to sign in.
    Then yesterday saw that I was missing the bottom of my discussion pages, which meant I could not make my comments. Also the "whose on" wasn't visable and I was at the beginning of discussions instead of where I had left off. Oh dear. I assumed that it was a glitch in my 'pooter.
    When will I learn not to 'assume' anything? That has got me into trouble so many times !
    So, just tonight I signed in like a good chick (read - old hen) and all was restored to me... Lovely..
    I will try to behave properly in future.

It's belting it down in Hencam county, you're going to need a wet suit tonight Neil.
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:27pm (Dec 6th 2007)

Hi Ollie - well at least you didn't take it to the level I did! BOTH times I gotten signed out I have bothered Neil with an email, telling him the forum has crashed :P
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:33pm (Dec 6th 2007)

Hi Dianne, I have learnt to sit back and wait - sometimes that means someone else makes a fool of themselves instead of me.
    I was popping on and off then, you just caught me going through numorous editings. I do like it to be right, grammar, composition, not repeating words and getting them in the best order. You can tell my Dad was an Editor/jounalist and I used to help a bit !
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:35pm (Dec 6th 2007)

So why's there no R in journalist??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I love it when someone else makes typos apart from me and my blunt finger...
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:39pm (Dec 6th 2007)

Nor two n's in Diane LOL :P So I'm not the only one then, Ollie? I think I have to edit almost every post I write. I'd REALLY love it if there was a spell check option. That's an interesting career your Dad had!
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:41pm (Dec 6th 2007)

I did say I helped - a bit.
    Thanks for spotting my deliberate mistake....
    Just got to the bottom of my first evening tipple after a traumatic day.
    Delivery man came with a 90Kilo item and no second man to unload!
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:43pm (Dec 6th 2007)

Good grief, was it a piano?
      CommentAuthorDianeonWhidbey
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:44pm (Dec 6th 2007)

Ooooo - I hope you didn't pull anything! Take care, I REALLY am leaving for work now before the ferry leaves without me. For some reason they don't hold the thing when I'm delayed by the hens.
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:45pm (Dec 6th 2007)

How very unreasonable of 'em...write a stiff letter of complaint!
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 7:48pm (Dec 6th 2007)

It was a 12 foot trampoline for my grand daughter's Christmas present.
    I sent him away to bring it back on Monday and bring a helper. I am beginning to crumble now and can't lift anything heavier than a large glass of liquid.
    Have a nice day Dianne....
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 8:19pm (Dec 6th 2007)

A large glass of what type of liquid Ollie?!! :)

My mother-in-law had a new fire surround/hearth/fire etc that weighed LOADS delivered from a specialist company and the bloke turned up alone and asked her to give him a hand!! She's 65ish with bad arthritis and the silly b*gger helped him heave it off the truck and into the house. If nothing else they should've demanded the delivery charge back!!

Lucky granddaughter - my son still wants one at 20! We went on holiday last year and there was one in the garden - he played on it endlessly!!!!
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 8:24pm (Dec 6th 2007)

Tell your son to watch 'You've Been Framed' first; the number of grown-up people featured (to hysterical laughter) pinging off those things into the staratosphere (and then to the ground) has to be seen to be believed! The kids, on the other hand, seem to be having the whale of a time...
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 8:37pm (Dec 6th 2007)

Yes, I have seen several of those clips. He talked me into sitting on the trampoline with him to talk, then proceeded to bounce up and down so's I couldn't get off!!!

My handy tip for "those old enough to know better than to bounce on a trampoline but still do" ... visit the loo first!! :D
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 8:50pm (Dec 6th 2007)

Or drink a lot of gin, then you get the jelly legs and uncontrollable laughing along with free rosy glow without having to go NEAR a trampoline. Drink enough and you can STILL be on YBF...
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 9:13pm (Dec 6th 2007)

And I suspect the effect lasts much longer!
    • CommentTimeDec 6th, 2007 10:58pm (Dec 6th 2007)

My fave tipple is 14% and I have a large glass. or two.
    I will remember to 'visit the loo' first if I have go on the trampolene. At my age that is crucial....
    Rule number one on tramps - 'One at a time' .
    • CommentAuthorJanice Sansing
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2007 5:03am (Dec 7th 2007)

Diane and Lynn , I hope you are okay after all that horrible weather weather in Washington. We had Katrina hit Mississippi so I know how it feels to have detructive weather. Wishing you well .
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2007 10:34pm (Dec 7th 2007) edited

I am trying to catch up with 'guest' who is having a look around the site, so will repeat my message from the first discussion group in the hope of catching up with 'guest'..

Hi guest visiting.
    I do hope you have a good look around the site and become as addicted as we are.
    Watching hens is soooo soooothing. Some times they sleep and the rest of the time they just scratch around.....
    Bliss....
    Welcome.....
    • CommentTimeDec 7th, 2007 10:51pm (Dec 7th 2007) edited

Hi Neil, Now have you been able to take things a ittle easier today.... end of the week and all that?
    For some folk end of the week is chaotic and panic filled... for others it is a blessed relief from the grind of work.

Having myself retired from the world of paid work some 14 years ago, I see it all in a different light.
    Especially so when my daughter, in '93, produced her only child, a daughter, and I became sooo involved, right from week three, have ended up doing vast amounts of the caring over the last ten years.

P.S. Re the trampolene. It has a big net up the sides so I hope not to see folks pinging off into nieghbouring gardens at intervals.
    On the other hand, I can't wait untill their next BBQ with all the guests having a go ! ! ! Some I will chear loudly as they zoom off.....