• CommentTimeMay 24th, 2014 11:22pm (May 24th 2014)

One of my favourite cats at rehoming, Timmy, died in the night. He was 8 years old and a lovely sweet boy who had been there for much longer than he should've, having been passed by many times. I'm so sad that he never found another home, but he was well liked by all of the staff and I always made of fuss of him each weekend. Sleep soundly Timmy, I will miss you. xx
      image.jpg
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2014 3:02pm (May 25th 2014)

Only 8? What was the cause of it, Kate? Poor boy - and he was a lovely looking chap too...:face-crying:
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2014 8:30pm (May 25th 2014)

RIP Timmy :heart:

At least he had plenty of love at the rescue...
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2014 9:04pm (May 25th 2014)

He'd shown some flu symptoms and was on meds for that but didn't seem ill enough for that to be the reason. Sadly he had been dead too long for an autopsy for the cause.

He did have lots of love Red. i just wish he could've found a home. I don't know why he was always passed by as he had a lovely personality, no (obvious) health issues, and enjoyed human contact. We had noticed recently that he seemed really depressed. Maybe he was ill and we just didn't know it.

I feel quite conflicted between being glad I didn't go back down the corridor last week after being in the admissions end (where they had flu - I'd have been convinced I gave it him), and being sad that I didn't spend time with him having believed him to be depressed. Like others, he stole a little bit of my heart and replaced it with a big chunk of love. :heart:
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2014 5:37pm (May 26th 2014)

And I bet he knew that too. Don't fret too much, Kate; he was warm and comfortable and fed, bless him. :heart:
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2014 8:54pm (May 26th 2014)

Very true CC. I'm one of those people that doesn't deal well with death - it takes me a while to get my head around it, but I do in the end and then I can enjoy the memory instead. xx
    • CommentTimeMay 26th, 2014 10:43pm (May 26th 2014)

I think it's hard when you lose them so unexpectedly too...

And you can't help but get very attached to the animals you work with and see every week. We always say we are Aunty and Uncle of the dogs we befriend in rescue / when walking clients' dogs!
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2014 6:14pm (May 30th 2014)

Kate, I'm sorry to hear about little Timmy. R.I.P. Timmy.
    :face-sad:
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2014 11:10pm (May 30th 2014)

Thank you Lynn. xx
    • CommentTimeJun 9th, 2014 4:03pm (Jun 9th 2014)

Kate, can your rescue place use the vouchers from Felix catfood? I just chuck them, then I suddenly wondered if your lot might use them.
    • CommentTimeJun 9th, 2014 9:10pm (Jun 9th 2014)

Yes they can. I used to throw them too, then I discovered that one of the other volunteers comes in each Monday to count up and send off the vouchers. Felix will give them a penny a point, so an average box usually has a token value of 8, and that equals 8p. Alternatively they can just be sent in to Felix and they make a donation to Cats Protection main charity.