• CommentTimeAug 7th, 2014 3:14pm (Aug 7th 2014)

Hi all,

Our local BT exchange was recently (in the last day or so) enabled for superfast fibre broadband, so I've done the sums and pulled the trigger!

Swapping providers from BT has enabled me to get a lot faster broadband for a little bit less than I'm paying now - result!

It means that the streaming should be more reliable, maybe even with less buffering when you open the page. It will also mean we can go even higher in the image quality and resolution... Exciting!

If anyone else wants a cracking deal on broadband (both fibre and standard), look no further than:

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider
    • CommentTimeAug 8th, 2014 6:59am (Aug 8th 2014)

That's great, Neil. I'm going to fiber broadband next Thursday over here...I'm hoping it will be better than the connection I have now.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2014 3:08pm (Aug 11th 2014)

Hey Lynne, ooh excited for both of us! :)

I'm waiting for a "sorry we can't install it" from them so I am holding off my enthusiasm until it's actually here but I have to admit I'm looking forward to 10x faster internet...
    • CommentTimeAug 11th, 2014 4:14pm (Aug 11th 2014)

Argh I knew I should have kept my gob shut! Just received a text: "Your appointment has been rescheduled for the 27th"... :face-sad:

So I have an extra 2 week wait. Lynne, you'll have to tell me what an improvement it is!
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2014 7:05am (Aug 12th 2014)

I'm waiting for the same kind of call, saying they can't install it out here in the woods. :face-sad:
    The camstream will be offline till the 27th? All I see now is "the stream is offline."
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2014 12:42pm (Aug 12th 2014)

No! Should be up... Can you see it now? Part of the order process says "testing the line" so I'm assuming it made my broadband drop. I'm installing new software to try and keep the camstreams stream synced with my PC so that it can always find it, fingers crossed.
    • CommentTimeAug 12th, 2014 7:37pm (Aug 12th 2014)

Yes, it's back up and running..the girls are busy eating...thank you for fixing it.:cheer:
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2014 8:59am (Aug 13th 2014)

Well I'm looking forward to it. I don't get enough fibre.:face-devil-grin:
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2014 6:40pm (Aug 13th 2014)

:rolling:
    • CommentTimeAug 13th, 2014 8:20pm (Aug 13th 2014)

CC..thanks for making me laugh..I really needed it today.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2014 11:39am (Sep 2nd 2014)

Well... we're all fibred up, it seems a lot faster so hopefully the streaming will be improved too (and now I can not get too annoyed at the bandwidth the hencam streaming takes up all the time!)

It shouldn't drop as much as well, so it's win-win.
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd, 2014 3:45pm (Sep 2nd 2014)

I'm sure that post was in English, but I didn't get a word. Anyway, you're pleased, so that's good!:face-monkey:
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd, 2014 12:44am (Sep 3rd 2014)

Mine is up and running too, Neil..except I had to install the line myself..They just sent me a box of stuff and said install this...it works better, and is much faster. Hencam loaded faster too...nice picture!:face-smile: