• CommentTimeNov 20th, 2014 9:47pm (Nov 20th 2014)

I think I've mentioned Mommy before, a small tabby and white that lives in the next road but spends a lot of time here. She developed cat flu at the end of last week and was quite poorly on Saturday. Didn't see her Sunday or Monday so assumed her owners had kept her in. On Tuesday she turned up and was really poorly so I took her home and told them she had cat flu - said she'd been hiding under the sofa (didn't admit she comes in regularly!) At first he said "is she ours?" then said they hadn't seen her in weeks, took her from me and said "she'll get over it". Didn't see her yesterday but she's back today and seems a little better.

Now ... advice. Should I take her to rehoming and find her a nice, deserving home, or do what hubby said and leave well alone? Hubby is probably right, but I feel so sorry for her. I can't take her in, but she's voted with her feet.
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2014 6:07pm (Nov 21st 2014)

Personally, I'd kidnap her.
    • CommentTimeNov 21st, 2014 6:24pm (Nov 21st 2014)

Oh man, that is tricky...

I mean, they blatantly wouldn't care if she mysteriously disappeared, would they?? They didn't even care to know she was theirs'!
    • CommentTimeNov 24th, 2014 8:51pm (Nov 24th 2014)

Hubby decided that I shouldn't take her to rehoming because I 'shouldn't get involved'. He thinks the first place they'd come looking for her is here, and if they happened to find out she was at rehoming they would know it was me, and she is a lot better now.

I let her stay in Friday and Saturday nights, but she'd pooped on the floor when hubby came down on Sunday so I had to put her out overnight. I feel really bad but I can't let her do that - what if the others follow suit?! There are litter trays but she doesn't seem to want to use them. Hubby has renamed her Seven (clue: we currently have six cats ...!) I'm going to get one of those microwave heat pads to put in the cat kennel by the front door so that hopefully she'll at least have somewhere warm to sleep. If it snows then I doubt I will be hard enough to put her out. Any tips for keeping an outdoor animal warm?
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2014 4:00pm (Nov 25th 2014)

The heatpad is good. Is there a flap on the kennel door? That'd keep heat in. We have a heater in the henhouse that kicks in if the temperature drops below 8 degrees. Not that they're spoiled or anything...:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeNov 25th, 2014 8:18pm (Nov 25th 2014)

LOL! No, there isn't a door - it's only small. Maybe I should get them a chicken house instead! Is the heater electric?

• CommentTimeNov 26th, 2014 3:03pm (Nov 26th 2014)

Wow, that's plush! Yes, the heater runs off the electric in the shed. It's a small tubular heater with a guard on it.
    I saw a little kennel with those heavy plastic strips over the door, like you see in the storage bit of supermarkets which you can just push through. That'd keep draughts out.