• CommentTimeJan 18th, 2015 6:02am (Jan 18th 2015)

We lost our dear little Jack Russell "Snizzy" this afternoon. I held her in my arms as she slipped away peacefully. The older I get the harder this becomes.
      HPIM0252.JPG
    • CommentTimeJan 18th, 2015 6:05pm (Jan 18th 2015)

O bless her...but how lovely for her to be at home with the people she loved. Thinking of you, Lynn, I know it's so hard. :heart:
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2015 7:51pm (Jan 19th 2015)

Oh Lynn I am so, so sorry :(
    :bighug::brokenheart:
    • CommentTimeJan 19th, 2015 10:27pm (Jan 19th 2015)

I'm so sorry Lynn. She was lucky to have a good home and such wonderful owners who loved her unconditionally, and I am sure you will see her again at the bridge. Sleep soundly Snizzy. :heart:
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2015 6:41am (Jan 21st 2015)

I just can't stop crying..my eyes are swollen nearly shut. I'm going to have to find a new puppy. I've had little house dogs since 1975 and it's too lonely without a baby dog in the house.:face-crying:
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2015 5:10pm (Jan 21st 2015)

What about Frodo?
    • CommentTimeJan 21st, 2015 7:33pm (Jan 21st 2015)

Would you rather have a puppy than an older rescue? Another Jack Russell or will that be too upsetting? They leave such a huge hole in our hearts don't they. :heart:
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd, 2015 11:40am (Jan 22nd 2015)

Lynn, I am sending so many hugs your way :bighug::nicegrouphug::kissing::rainbow:
    • CommentTimeJan 26th, 2015 3:09am (Jan 26th 2015)

I decided on a little Yorkie/Shih Tzu cross...(a Shorkie) Her name is Chloe and she is 5 mo. old. 4 pound, so about the size of one of Red's piggies.
      Chloe-shorkie.jpg
    • CommentTimeJan 26th, 2015 5:02pm (Jan 26th 2015)

What does Frodo think of her? I bet he's eaten that ribbon already... Those eyes - I bet she has you eating out of her paw already, Lynn!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeJan 26th, 2015 5:44pm (Jan 26th 2015)

Awww she is adorable, and just a baby too!
    • CommentTimeJan 27th, 2015 11:16pm (Jan 27th 2015)

Ah here she is!!

A dog the size of a guinea pig? Get out of here - that's amazing! I love her, she's a lovely colour.
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2015 6:41am (Jan 30th 2015)

Frodo doesn't know what to think of her..I know he's not fond of her..The Vet said to put their crates in the same room so that Chloe wouldn't feel lonely..it hasn't helped at all, she still cries all night and keeps Frodo awake. I think he'd like to take her out in the back and dig a hole and shove her into it.
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2015 6:29pm (Jan 30th 2015)

I've heard a lot of people have success having the puppy's crate in their bedroom, by the bed. Then, as the puppy ages, they gradually move it to the place they want it to be permanently.

However we tried this with Zoey when she was a pup. Didn't work! She just whined anyway!!

We've never given her any attention at all for whining, yet she still does it sometimes at night and she's two now...she's not distressed, she has toys and a meat-filled Kong, she's had a walk...she's just a pain!! :001_rolleyes:
    • CommentTimeJan 30th, 2015 10:46pm (Jan 30th 2015)

I think my Chloe is going to be like Zoey..but we are still working on it I only hope she will someday sleep through that night.
    • CommentTimeJan 31st, 2015 12:54pm (Jan 31st 2015)

Zoey sleeps through the night but the first few minutes she's in her crate she whines...she hadn't done it in this house up until recently, and even then it was only quiet whining - last night she SCREAMED! No idea why, we're even giving her a longer walk right before bed to tire her out but she's still a pest!
    I'm sure you'll get there with Chloe, it's early days yet :)
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st, 2015 6:52pm (Feb 1st 2015)

How's Chloe settling in, Lynn? Are you completely wound round her little claw yet? :D
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2015 3:52am (Feb 3rd 2015)

• CommentTimeFeb 3rd, 2015 6:32pm (Feb 3rd 2015)

Posted By: LynnWYes, CC..I hate to admit it but she does have both Don and me wrapped about her tiny paw.

I'll bet! Who could resist that little face?!:rolling:
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2015 1:05am (Feb 4th 2015)

She looks like one of my Teddy Bears..she's a sweet spoiled little kid. All my neighbors have offered to babysit her, if I need to go anywhere. :face-smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2015 4:34pm (Feb 4th 2015)

Posted By: LynnWAll my neighbors have offered to babysit her, if I need to go anywhere.

Ah, but would they give her back afterwards?:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2015 6:33pm (Feb 4th 2015)

CC, I'm not so sure they would..
      LW_Chloe-snowsuit-1-30-15.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2015 7:55pm (Feb 4th 2015)

I wouldn't-she's lovely!!
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th, 2015 11:48pm (Feb 4th 2015)

Omb Lynn that is TOO cute!! I so wish Zoey had ever liked wearing anything...even putting a collar on her as a puppy caused her to shut down - such a wimp! ;)
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2015 4:50pm (Feb 5th 2015)

I wouldn't give her back either! How big is she now, Lynn?
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th, 2015 8:14pm (Feb 5th 2015)

Chloe weights about 4 pounds...I'm hoping she will grow more..she so little, I'm afraid of stepping on her, because she is so tiny I don't always see her. She's 5 inches tall.
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th, 2015 6:23pm (Feb 6th 2015)

~Put a bell round her neck! O no, you can't - it'd drive her loopy. Buy her an ORANGE neon coat!
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th, 2015 7:03pm (Feb 6th 2015) edited

You need a coat with a really tall flag pole & flag on the back so you always know where she is :smile:

I can't believe how tiny she is. 5 inches, wow!
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th, 2015 9:01pm (Feb 6th 2015) edited

I'm hoping she will grow a bit more, so I can keep better track of her.
      LW_Chloe-Jammies-2.jpg
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th, 2015 9:15pm (Feb 6th 2015)

She's better dressed than me!

(Your carpet is the same as we had in our previous house!)
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2015 6:16pm (Feb 7th 2015)

Squeeeee! :heartsabove:
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2015 1:32am (Feb 9th 2015)

Chloe and Frodo are playing together now, Frodo is very careful of his little sister..they are so cute.
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2015 5:35pm (Feb 9th 2015)

Bless him - not quite such a thug as he used to be then!
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2015 6:54pm (Feb 9th 2015)

That's fantastic Lynn!
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2015 7:40pm (Feb 9th 2015)

I suppose sometimes they just have to settle and come to their own conclusion that company is good and a playmate is even better!
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th, 2015 10:35pm (Feb 16th 2015)

Sometimes I think Frodo would like to dig a deep hole and bury his little sister, but mostly they play nicely together. Chloe barks for a while after I put her to bed and keeps Frodo awake..that's when he really wants to dig that hole and stuff her in it.
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th, 2015 11:02pm (Feb 16th 2015)

Haha! Does Chloe adore Frodo? If he does it sounds very much like Kasper and Zoey's relationship - Zoey ADORES Kasper, whereas we always say Kasper tolerates Zoey :rolling:
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2015 3:36am (Feb 17th 2015)

Yes, Chloe just loves Frodo to the moon and back, he's not so fond of her..the only reason he doesn't hurt her is because he knows he would be in deep pooh if he did. Chloe thinks she is a great big dog..she's not afraid of anything, not even jumping onto Frodo's back as he walks by.
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th, 2015 6:25pm (Feb 17th 2015)

Chloe sounds a lot like our Zoey!! :smile: When Zoey was a tiny puppy (so small she couldn't manage getting up the stairs!) she'd throw herself down them with no regard to her own safety...and when fighting with Kasper once she dived into a chair and split her head open!! *Sigh* kids! :001_rolleyes:
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2015 3:01am (Mar 26th 2015)

We had to change Chloe's appointment till this Friday, because she just wasn't well enough yet. She's fine now.
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2015 4:53pm (Mar 26th 2015)

So glad she's got better, Lynn. :heart:
    • CommentTimeMar 26th, 2015 8:07pm (Mar 26th 2015)

Yay, I'm glad she's better :) Is it the spay appointment you've changed? If so, I hope it goes well :smile:
    • CommentTimeMar 27th, 2015 3:20am (Mar 27th 2015)

Yes, she goes in tomorrow morning..she is still so little that it kind of scares me to have to get her spayed, but I can't take a chance on her having puppies. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow when I get her back home.
    • CommentTimeMar 27th, 2015 10:31pm (Mar 27th 2015)

I'm sure she'll be fine Lynn, and be up and running around in no time. Make sure they give her some pain relief either before she leaves the vets or to bring home with you. Let us know how she gets on. :heart:
    • CommentTimeMar 28th, 2015 7:52pm (Mar 28th 2015)

Chloe did great, she was up and running by the time we got back home. She ate her dinner, ran around all evening (with the "cone of shame" on her head) and terrorized her big brother Frodo. Frodo had to get his booster shots yesterday too..while we were there the lady that we got Frodo from, came in with Frodo's biological daddy (the Corgi) Frodo hated him on sight and snarled at him. He found out where his darn short legs came from.
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd, 2015 11:02pm (Apr 3rd 2015)

I'm so glad Chloe's spay went well and that she bounced back so quickly! :)

I'll never forget Zoey's...the vet didn't give us any pain meds, and Zoey was up all night after her spay being sick repeatedly...poor girl spent the rest of the night with her head tucked under her daddy's t-shirt moping :sad:
    • CommentTimeApr 6th, 2015 8:16pm (Apr 6th 2015)

Chloe did very well with her spay..not so good with the cone of shame however..she took it off and chewed it up on the 3rd night..she didn't mess with her tummy, so we just left it off of her. We go back to the vet on Wednesday to get her checked out. She really has done well with this whole thing...better than I did.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2015 5:09pm (Apr 7th 2015)

Posted By: LynnWnot so good with the cone of shame however..she took it off and chewed it up on the 3rd night.

What a woman - well done Chloe, you show 'em!:thumbup::thumbup1:
    • CommentTimeApr 7th, 2015 8:21pm (Apr 7th 2015)

What a good girl!
    • CommentTimeApr 9th, 2015 6:23pm (Apr 9th 2015)

That's awesome Lynn! What a star :smile: