• CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2015 6:26pm (Feb 7th 2015) edited

There's going to be a lot of pics, I took my camera...here are some of them, I've cut them down from over thirty! :tooth:

So today we went back to the farm we visited months and months ago. Our friend came too and drove us there so it was really easy to get to. The farm was actually free today, which was awesome, and the staff had all sorts of animals out to be handled and stroked.

There were a few concerning moments; a very young child picked a rabbit up around the neck (ouch!) and the staff didn't stop them, and a guinea pig (the piggles were plonked on to a bench) fell off the bench...any drop is potentially painful to a piggle as they have such stubby legs! Also the Frizzle chickens were kept in a very small hut...but mostly it was a really good experience and the animals seemed very well loved and looked after :smile:

This sow was in with all her piglets (I have a pic of them later!)

photo farm2_zps17280c19.jpg

The peacock

photo farm3_zps44bb96f5.jpg

One of the Frizzle hens was let out & was well behaved, just sat on a bench and was even tame enough to tolerate a few strokes!

photo farm5_zpsbc13b70d.jpg

photo farm6_zps27c56473.jpg

The baby goats were sweet and got to come out & skip around everybody's legs!

photo farm7_zps3d06ab76.jpg

photo farm12_zps08493f7b.jpg

Oh hai there!!

photo farm8_zps7412d271.jpg

We got to handle degus...

photo farm9_zps79c7e221.jpg

And a chinchilla!

photo farm11_zps9aa22af4.jpg

photo farm13_zps20bd459f.jpg

Spot the goofball sheep :tooth:

photo farm18_zps933fb5a8.jpg

photo farm19_zps72aa613e.jpg

Giant rabbit...really was huge!

photo farm21_zps50d69e0d.jpg
    More to come... :)
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2015 6:28pm (Feb 7th 2015)

These guinea pigs were SO tame! Like, I thought we'd done a good job taming ours up, but these were something else!

photo farm22_zps6d64d37f.jpg

The first Naked Neck / Turken I've ever seen in real life :smile:

photo farm23_zps9808e82c.jpg

My favourite animal on the farm :laugh:

photo farm25_zps1a9a0a80.jpg

photo farm26_zpsf1538fbb.jpg

His lady friend :smile:

photo farm27_zps3149e050.jpg

PIGLETS!!

photo farm28_zpsfcde2353.jpg

And I'm done!
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2015 7:54pm (Feb 7th 2015)

Aw, brilliant...I loved the frizzle, she reminded me of Sage, my first hen...and the turkeys - how ugly! Bless 'em, I'd still give one a home (but don't tell Eric...)
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th, 2015 10:18pm (Feb 7th 2015)

That is some pack of creatures!
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th, 2015 7:22pm (Feb 8th 2015)

The pics are lovely and have put a big smile on my face! Can't pick a favourite, I love 'em all! x
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th, 2015 11:14pm (Feb 8th 2015)

Aw the male turkey was so cute. I felt so sorry for him though, every time he tried to eat from our hands he kept pecking the dangling bit of skin on his face!! I eventually managed to hook it behind my thumb so he could eat better :rolling:

I've never handled degus before either, I was under the impression they can be quite tricky to tame. These ones were so tame, and quite large too, almost as big as rats. Never met a chinchilla before either, his /her fur was cotton wool soft!

Glad they made you smile Kate, thank you :smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th, 2015 11:52pm (Feb 8th 2015)

Loved the pictures, Red..Loved the Frizzle chickens the best.:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th, 2015 6:56pm (Feb 9th 2015)

Yes, she was a beauty. Totally didn't mind posing for photos either :tooth: Thank you!