• CommentTimeApr 13th, 2015 8:26pm (Apr 13th 2015) edited

Since yesterday I've been working on getting Zoey to offer snorting / sneezing in reward for a treat.

I only marked the behaviour a few times, and then she began offering it herself! That's the thing I love about Zoey, not only does she catch on very quickly with what I want her to do, but she also offers new behaviours constantly...Kasper would sit and stare at me for minutes waiting for a treat, whereas Zoey will offer numerous behaviours in the hopes of winning it...all I have to do is mark one that I like! :)

(you might have to turn the volume up, her snorts are easy to miss!)

Damn this dog is clever and loves to learn :)

Zoey is our 2.5 year old rescue Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She is trained using only positive reinforcement, and knows over 25 tricks!
    • CommentTimeApr 14th, 2015 5:11pm (Apr 14th 2015)

Zoey is so clever, she learns new thing so fast. What a good girl!:face-smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 16th, 2015 11:47pm (Apr 16th 2015)

Thanks Lynn!!! :tooth:

She is unbelievably smart. As well as sneezing we're also working on her waving her right paw (she can wave her left but has only just learnt to wave her right too) and taking turns...if I'm training Kasper Zoey will run to join in, so she's learning to wait on the couch until released...it's sooo hard for her :smile:

Kasper is great at waiting for his turn, he will lay on the couch even when I toss a treat for Zoey across the room!

It's funny because now whenever I pick up a treat Zoey will run and sit in front of me and snort repeatedly...I've created a monster!! :rolling:
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2015 2:54pm (Apr 17th 2015)

How funny...she's such a clever girl. Visitors will think she's allergic to you eating!
    • CommentTimeApr 17th, 2015 5:30pm (Apr 17th 2015)

I love the idea of Zoey just sitting there snorting constantly thinking that's what you really want hahah! We want more video!! :)
    • CommentTimeApr 18th, 2015 7:55pm (Apr 18th 2015)

Haha it's been such a pain getting her to understand the cue for 'I want you to snort NOW'...she'll snort continuously, then I'll say "bless you" (cue) and she'll sit there for a few seconds, then lie down, wave both paws, bark etc :rolling:

And it's like "nooooo, do what you were doing before!!" XD