• CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2015 7:06pm (Apr 23rd 2015)

I'll bet there's a hundred other threads like this on the forum somewhere, but I can't remember them...did we have a 'chat' thread once? :confused:

So, how are we all? :smile:

We're off to our friend's house again tonight. So handy having them a minute's walk away! My appetite is so weird at the moment. The thought of food makes me feel sick until I'm suddenly ravenously hungry. And I can't eat anything cheesy = :_puke: Means I am losing some of the weight I gained on the meds though *happy dance* I need to let Iden out to play before we go, and Zoey needs a walk too...

Anyone got any plans for the weekend?
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2015 7:10pm (Apr 23rd 2015)

I also rediscovered this video

The beginning is priceless :smile:
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2015 7:39pm (Apr 23rd 2015)

I go through phases like that - sick:starving:sick in a minute. My friend who's a dietician said I have to force myself to eat - I'm never sick so she's right.

I cut my finger open tonight peeling potatoes. It's on my right hand (I'm left handed) which is sort of lucky, but you don't realise how much you do with your non-dominant hand. It was quite deep too - no one else was home so I had to give myself first aid. It was quite deep too, but I haven't really looked at how deep as I was too concerned with stopping it bleed!
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd, 2015 11:32pm (Apr 23rd 2015)

Oh Kate, poor you :( Has it stopped bleeding?

I really freak out with cut fingers...Lyle once sliced a huge chunk OFF his finger. I had to try so hard not to get hysterical...and I still have a lovely scar on my finger from when I was sawing dirt for the FBTs; Lyle told me not to use a knife...should've listened :p

I hope yours isn't too sore...
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2015 1:17pm (Apr 24th 2015)

I loved Domino playing Chicken Skittles; my two like that game too. Can also be played with pigeons, which is more satisfactory as pigeons make such a fuss and flurry...
    Hope the finger's better Kate. Now EVERYTHING you touch will be made from lemon juice and/or salt...:face-crying:
    • CommentTimeApr 24th, 2015 11:52pm (Apr 24th 2015)

It's a bit weird because it doesn't really hurt - had papercuts that were more painful! Having to keep steristrips over it otherwise it pulls apart and starts to pin-prick bleed again. Am trying to avoid anything touching it because you're right CC, it's all salt and lemons!!
    • CommentTimeApr 25th, 2015 3:26am (Apr 25th 2015)

Domino used to terrorise them, I'd forgotten how much the girls hated that rabbit :rolling:
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2015 12:15am (Apr 26th 2015)

I've busted my ankle slightly. Stood on a pebble / rock (only about an inch big!) and must have stood on it oddly, as my ankle did that thing where it snaps to the side. Can still walk on it but it's fairly painful. Ah well, it's not like I have to walk numerous dogs every day...oh wait a minute :rolling:
    • CommentTimeApr 26th, 2015 2:52pm (Apr 26th 2015) edited

I use "Hobble Cream" for painful joints. Google it for source.
    It's arnica. You can buy arnica creams anywhere but this is the most effective I've found.
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2015 11:01pm (Apr 27th 2015)

Awesome! Thanks Ollie, it's not too pricey either. We could use something like that in, we often sprain things what with all the walking and falling over we do :tooth:
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2015 11:10pm (Apr 27th 2015)

Not to be used on animals and after application wash hands before touching animals and don't let them lick where you have put it on yourself.
    I understand it is disastrous to their kidneys.
    Please check arnica with your vet.
    • CommentTimeApr 27th, 2015 11:25pm (Apr 27th 2015)

Is it OK with your meds? Some homeopathic remedies can cause issues - a quick google check should let you know.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    • CommentTimeApr 28th, 2015 9:27pm (Apr 28th 2015)

Thanks guys, will check both before using :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeMay 4th, 2015 10:45pm (May 4th 2015)

Missed the carnival this weekend because I woke up on Saturday with a rotten cold. Lyle came into the bedroom whilst I was still asleep and I was apparently clutching my throat with my tongue hanging out - he thought I was pretending to be dead!! :rolling: Then I woke up an hour later and every time I swallowed it felt like I was swallowing glass, so I guess it must have hurt in my sleep!
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2015 3:51pm (May 5th 2015)

Did he get a photo? :face-devil-grin: Hope you're feeling better soon.:heart:
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2015 7:47pm (May 5th 2015)

Maybe your throat hurt because you were squeezing it and your tongue and throat dried out!! A photo would've been great - Lyle needs to think of us when he sees amusing poses such as this!
    (Hope you feel better soon :heart:)
    • CommentTimeMay 5th, 2015 9:01pm (May 5th 2015)

I hope you will feel better soon, Red.
    • CommentTimeMay 6th, 2015 12:02am (May 6th 2015) edited

Posted By: KatebLyle needs to think of us when he sees amusing poses such as this!)

You know, you're not the only people to have said that...!

If it had been Lyle clutching his neck, I would either have woken him laughing hysterically or taken a photo...poor Lyle being stuck with me! :rolling:
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone :)
    • CommentTimeMay 21st, 2015 12:07am (May 21st 2015)

Got some fun plans coming up for Lyle's 25th. On his actual birthday we are off to a nearby zoo / wildlife preserve. It's only 11 mins away by car, which is awesome. I'll take my camera and get some snaps!

Then on Monday we are probably seeing my parents :bigsmile:
    • CommentTimeMay 25th, 2015 8:48pm (May 25th 2015) edited

Had a fun day today, my parents came just after dinner and we went to the zoo. My nana was with them which was an *awesome* surprise! They were impressed with the zoo too. Afterwards we popped into the farm village, had a mooch around the shop and tried to play crazy golf (but it shut in 15 mins so no time - booo!) Then we went out for an delicious meal and had a wander down the prom and beaches - perfect day :smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 27th, 2015 10:46pm (May 27th 2015)

We were going to play crazy golf but Caitlyn didn't want to, so we went to Umberslade Farm. It was really nice - just the right size and number of animals, pigs, calves, sheep, goats - the usual. There was also a small animal barn and the kids (and me!) could hold rabbits, chicks, guinea pigs and rats!! It was so lovely to be able to snuggle a rat again - didn't want to give her back. I did wonder about how the animals felt about being passed around a load of kids, but they didn't seem stressed and the guy changed them around frequently.
    • CommentTimeMay 28th, 2015 5:10pm (May 28th 2015) edited

I think you should give in to your urges and get a rat...the cats would think you'd bought them a telly! Glad you had a lovely time.
    Conversely...I had to WORK and while I was tuning in the school, the secretary came in and said the man had come to test the fire alarms but she was sure it wouldn't disturb me. No, the fire alarm ringing 26 times for a minute at a time is just PERFECT for tuning a piano. So what I've been up to is successfully fighting the urge to strangle people...:cursing::_oh_really:
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2015 5:12am (May 29th 2015)

I really want rats again, but we don't have a suitable cage...and let's face it, we have enough large pets. Or pets full stop :tooth: I had a dream the other night that we had a rat that gave birth to Himalayan babies...oshhgk *drool*

Are your ears ringing now CC?! :smile:
    • CommentTimeMay 29th, 2015 6:31pm (May 29th 2015)

Gets better: turned up to tune at a school again today only to be confronted with a junior Tae Kwan Do club. 'But we won't disturb you, ' he said as the brats were 'HAAAA'ing and grunting away...
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2015 9:42pm (May 30th 2015)

You should tune the piano accordingly and if they complain tell them it'll be perfect as long as the choir is trained in Tae Kwan Do and they are accompanied a regular siren. Must've been very frustrating - how about ear plugs next time! :whistle:

I have nowhere to put a rat cage, and it breaks my heart when they're sick and they die so young. I'll just have to get my 'fix' from others pets!
    • CommentTimeMay 30th, 2015 9:53pm (May 30th 2015)

The really good pet shop we went to yesterday takes in animals to rehome whenever they can (each time we've been there have been animals they've rescued, and the place is only tiny). Yesterday there were three rats in a Jenny Rat cage, one huuuge male and two smaller ones. They were old and ill, one poor boy was very scrawny, shuffly and semi-bald. Vet had him on anti-biotics and anti-inflammotaries. Pet shop owner said she will keep them until they're ready for rehoming.
    • CommentTimeMay 31st, 2015 1:51pm (May 31st 2015)

What I've been up to; feeding a p'd off chicken who is standing on the draining board with one foot in a bowl of salt water...Nugget tore a claw off and got a bit of infection in the toe. So 3 times a day we have a major performance trying to catch her...but she actually stands quiet once her foot's in the warm water. She had antibiotics and painkilling injections at the vet (and she was weighed; over 5lbs and DEFFO not a bantam!) so hopefully when we go back they'll be pleased with her.
    • CommentTimeJun 1st, 2015 10:28am (Jun 1st 2015)

At least she stands still in the water...whenever we have to wash Kasper's paw, if he's injured it, he acts like we're trying to put acid on his foot!! This is the dog that throws himself into any body of water on walks too...titoid :sarcastic:

Hope Nugget is feeling better soon!
    • CommentTimeJun 1st, 2015 5:23pm (Jun 1st 2015)

I think she's much better. Going to the vet tomorrow for a checkup!
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd, 2015 10:59am (Jun 2nd 2015)

Great news :) Hope the vet trip goes well and nobody gets pecked by an angry chuck! :P
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd, 2015 8:08pm (Jun 2nd 2015)

Lovely image of her standing with one foot in soak on the draining board!
    Meow Meow has been back to the vet again today (about the 5th post-op visit) and they are finally happy that it's almost healed. He's allowed to have the cone of shame off as long as he doesn't mess with it, and can go out if we trust him to leave it alone. He is currently terrorising the other cats ... back to normal then!
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2015 4:46pm (Jun 3rd 2015)

Glad he's better - a relief for you, Kate! If he's hassling the others he must be back to normal.
    Nugget's leg is normal temperature now and she's running and standing around on it quite happily.
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd, 2015 7:14pm (Jun 3rd 2015)

He's establishing his territory again and rubbing everything - and then he peed up the settee!!!

Glad Nugget's getting better, bet she'll miss her regular foot spa!!!
    • CommentTimeJun 4th, 2015 4:44pm (Jun 4th 2015)

No, she's running up when I open the door in case there's food then swerving off at the last second in case I grab her to bathe her foot!
    • CommentTimeJun 19th, 2015 4:16am (Jun 19th 2015) edited

Kate and CC, I'm glad that your critters are better now.
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd, 2015 11:41pm (Jun 22nd 2015)

Thanks Lynn, they're stressful at times but I love 'em!